Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cool tree bro
Jul 27, 2010
mithrism is way cooler than abrahamic religion

just think that if mithraism had beaten christianity we would get to go to temple on sunday and watch a bull get slaughtered and cover the priests in its blood. way more exciting than pastors talking about moses for the ten thousandth time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Agag posted:

Creationism isn't inherent to theism. You're just repeating the irrational assertion that Darwin is somehow relevant to this debate.

he didn't say that, though. you're the one that brought it up. again:

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

there is no "atheist fixation" on darwin. creationists like ken ham and kent hovind are the ones fixated on him because they think that he is an obstacle to the kinds of theological teachings they want to be normal. among rational empiricist adults, the reality of evolution is a non-issue; no one thinks that it disproves god, only that it disproves young earth creationism, which is an objectively bad influence in society.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

I killed three mahdi army fighters while they ran away from me like little bitches, maybe ask them :unsmigghh:

I doubt you even did that, but the claim indicates what you idolize, which is the military. Seldom a good sign.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

cool tree bro posted:

mithrism is way cooler than abrahamic religion

just think that if mithraism had beaten christianity we would get to go to temple on sunday and watch a bull get slaughtered and cover the priests in its blood. way more exciting than pastors talking about moses for the ten thousandth time

can't do it every week because of logistical issues but this is what I do and I can confirm it owns

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Muslims really want to be the joke of the civilized world for another 1000 year.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Agag posted:

I doubt you even did that, but the claim indicates what you idolize, which is the military. Seldom a good sign.

simply calling it bad does not make it bad. war owns and I'm glad dumb illiterate wahabbists have given me a reason to fight them.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Agag posted:

As a virulent racist, RonMexico can't differentiate between most Muslims, women, gays, Democrats, blacks, latinos, Asians, and literal members of ISIS.

Treasure his contribution until his next ban.

agag however speaks for all minorities which is in no way pretentious

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

unpacked robinhood posted:

Muslims really want to be the joke of the civilized world for another 1000 year.

I guess the West has to demonize somebody to feel better about its own failings, and now that the Soviets are gone.... :shrug:

cool tree bro
Jul 27, 2010
muslims are great because they fit the generic bad guy role for videogames that nazis were getting stale in

ps: if you unironically support any culture that follows an abrahamic religion to the letter you are retarded and i hope you get droned

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Agag posted:

I guess the West has to demonize somebody to feel better about its own failings, and now that the Soviets are gone.... :shrug:

The atheist soviets

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Ramsus posted:

agag however speaks for all minorities which is in no way pretentious

I've never spoken for any minorities. I just haven't posted a lot of racist ranting, so I stand apart a little bit.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

cool tree bro posted:

muslims are great because they fit the generic bad guy role for videogames that nazis were getting stale in

ps: if you unironically support any culture that follows an abrahamic religion to the letter you are retarded and i hope you get droned

I thought it was mostly russians and generic criminals doing that now

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

The atheist soviets

Officially, yeah. It was a better enemy for Evangelical America.

But you make do with what's available.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Agag posted:

maybe you should be a glass half full sort of guy since you probably live in the west, and the west is far superior despite any issues it may have had

agag

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

simply calling it bad does not make it bad. war owns and I'm glad dumb illiterate wahabbists have given me a reason to fight them.

The fact that you feel no remorse for your (probably fictional) murders is irrelevant.

cool tree bro
Jul 27, 2010
whats funny is if agag was in the middle east he'd be dead or in jail because hes a huge flaming human being

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Ramsus posted:

maybe you should be a glass half full sort of guy since you probably live in the west, and the west is far superior despite any issues it may have had

agag

I'm quite optimistic.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Agag posted:

The fact that you feel no remorse for your (probably fictional) murders is irrelevant.

I've never murdered anyone in my life, and I never would.

That being said, my feelings about anything I have done are exactly as relevant as your feelings.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Agag posted:

Muslims demonize each other real good already, we just have to avoid their countries and drone the winners when they get too ambitious

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Agag posted:

Creationism isn't inherent to theism. You're just repeating the irrational assertion that Darwin is somehow relevant to this debate.

Yes it is. You're confusing it with Deism. You mentioned reality so I mentioned Darwin's theory as it applies but if we're going to be using logic and rationality here I can't expect to ask religious a fundamentalist like you to speak objectively on it.

quote:

Atheists are facing adversity every day from video game bosses they can't beat. Christians and non-Salafist Muslims are the primary victims of extremist groups in the Islamic world.

Fictional persecution is a big part of the atheist self-mythology. I understand why you'd want to pretend your something other than history's greatest collection of spoiled babies.

Atheists are getting slaughtered everyday in the Muslim world for blogging & criticizing Islam.

quote:

Nice to see you back, Redshirt.

Dunno what this is but you seem to treat all murders of Christians, atheists, Sufis, etc. at the hands Islam as nothing more than disposable redshirts in those videogames you keep talking about.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I am also like 99 percent certain that the last blogger that was hacked to death with machetes was some kind of atheist/agnostic blogger

cool tree bro
Jul 27, 2010
islam was just a tool of warfare used to unite a tribal culture into larger units to more effectively wage war.

if you think it has any truths beyond its application to politics and the manipulation of individuals you are dumb

ps: this applies to basically every religion

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I think that giving every human being above the age of 12 a good sized dose of LSD would improve things, maybe shake things up a little. Just like hitting the reset button on the game console

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Or, refer to my previous solution to the crisis in the Middle East, code named "Giant Weed Bomb"

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Immortan posted:

Yes it is. You're confusing it with Deism. You mentioned reality so I mentioned Darwin's theory as it applies but if we're going to be using logic and rationality here I can't expect to ask religious a fundamentalist like you to speak objectively on it.

Can't really tell what you're trying to say here, but Darwinism isn't a challenge to any major religion. Evolution doesn't preclude the existence of God as defined by any specific religion. Deism is irrelevant.

quote:

Atheists are getting slaughtered everyday in the Muslim world for blogging & criticizing Islam.

Dunno what this is but you seem to treat all murders of Christians, atheists, Sufis, etc. at the hands Islam as nothing more than disposable redshirts in those videogames you keep talking about.

lol sure. I thought you were a Redshirt re-reg but maybe this is the Bill Maher account? "Its hosed how many people 'Muslims' kill, also I beat off when our drones murder brown kids."

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Muslims demonize each other real good already, we just have to avoid their countries and drone the winners when they get too ambitious

As long as you're up front and honest about your racism and support of genocide I don't see any point arguing with you. :shrug:

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Agag posted:

lol sure. I thought you were a Redshirt re-reg but maybe this is the Bill Maher account? "Its hosed how many people 'Muslims' kill, also I beat off when our drones murder brown kids."

Now you're making up arguments for other people when you've run out of your own. Nice. American foreign policy now, seriously? :ughh:

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

I've never murdered anyone in my life, and I never would.

You brag about murders you probably never committed. You are human filth, but I hope for your sake you are merely a disgusting child bragging about imaginary crimes.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Immortan posted:

Now you're making up arguments for other people when you've run out of your own. Nice. American foreign policy now, seriously? :ughh:

I was referring to your lack of morality. I.e. you pretend to condemn the death of certain civilians when it is beneficial, but ignore (or delight in) the death of civilians when they belong to groups your oppose. I was also laughing at the fiction that "atheists" are significant victims of jihadist movements in the Middle East.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Agag posted:

You brag about murders you probably never committed. You are human filth, but I hope for your sake you are merely a disgusting child bragging about imaginary crimes.

I've never claimed to have murdered anyone or to have committed any crime, and if you claim otherwise I'd invite you to present evidence.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Agag posted:

I was referring to your lack of morality. I.e. you pretend to condemn the death of certain civilians when it is beneficial, but ignore (or delight in) the death of civilians when they belong to groups your oppose. I was also laughing at the fiction that "atheists" are significant victims of jihadist movements in the Middle East.

I mentioned Christians and Sufis who are massacred along with atheists in the Middle East. Read. Also, just :lol: at your state of denial over what happens to Muslim defectors & apostates like clockwork in the Islamic world.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
We're only pretending to think its bad that its illegal and punishable by the death penalty to be gay in most muslim countries to own people like agag. We all think its actually extremely cool.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Islam is so abundant on our planet, it's like a not clean renewable resource

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Hey guys these Christians and Sufis getting massacred en masse is horrible, but family members of our beloved caliphate who flee our theocratic shithole in pursuit of secular democracies because they think Islam is gibberish, we won't include them in the body count for talking points!

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Immortan posted:

Also, just :lol: at your state of denial over what happens to Muslim defectors & apostates like clockwork in the Islamic world.

I guess if I'd ever seen a shred of evidence that this was a widespread problem relative to other events unfolding in the region I wouldn't laugh at you for bringing it up. But, as I said, atheists are divorced from reality.

I'm guessing you'll link to a story about one guy being killed in Saudi Arabia for being an atheist? Something. Yazidis weep for the persecuted atheist.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
SA has two vocal islam apologists that I know of, and they're both gay and live in the US. Conclusion: islam cool

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Agag posted:

I guess if I'd ever seen a shred of evidence that this was a widespread problem relative to other events unfolding in the region I wouldn't laugh at you for bringing it up. But, as I said, atheists are divorced from reality.

You're not the first religious nut in GBS to call a nonbeliever "divorced from reality" :laffo:. I'd think this would give you confidence since you apparently scour this place 24/7 for Islam posts.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

SA has two vocal islam apologists that I know of, and they're both gay and live in the US. Conclusion: islam cool

I don't live in the US and I'm currently loving your mom.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Immortan posted:

You're not the first religious nut in GBS to call a nonbeliever "divorced from reality" :laffo:. I'd think this would give you confidence since you apparently scour this place 24/7 for Islam posts.

So you didn't even have one story to link to about some atheist getting killed somewhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Agag posted:

So you didn't even have one story to link to about some atheist getting killed somewhere?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/may/12/third-atheist-blogger-killed-in-bangladesh-after-knife-attack

first result of google

• Locked thread