Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

"substance abuse policy" so yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

I already have two kids, so two more is alright I guess. Dunno about the names. Still haven't decided.

Figure out some names that would be rad for a football player to have and go with that, y'know, just in case. Examples: Thor, Sirgregory, Konockus, maybe something with no vowels, along those lines.

Also find something rad to put on the tv during the delivery. While my 2nd kid was born during a Cowboys game, my first kid was born during Enter the Dragon :rock:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Mo Wilkerson is holding out, too, right? Or was that only for OTAs?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Rasczak posted:

Figure out some names that would be rad for a football player to have and go with that, y'know, just in case. Examples: Thor, Sirgregory, Konockus, maybe something with no vowels, along those lines.

Also find something rad to put on the tv during the delivery. While my 2nd kid was born during a Cowboys game, my first kid was born during Enter the Dragon :rock:

"Honey, could you pipe down over there? I'm missing the best part!"

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Sour Diesel posted:

can't you just accept me for who i am

Just or Bust is my motto

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Sour Diesel posted:

can't you just accept me for who i am

*bangs hands on table* in THIS house we dont TALK about flacco's iron DICK *throws plate at the wall*

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ehud posted:

"substance abuse policy" so yeah

Isn't that weed or coke or something

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Rasczak posted:

I have tried for Thor or Odin for months. No dice.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ostentatious posted:

Athletes can injure themselves in the funniest ways.

There was a baseball player who injured himself due to playing Guitar Hero compulsively. I want to see that happen in football.

Glenallen Hill will always be the funniest injury in any sport

No Butt Stuff posted:

I already have two kids, so two more is alright I guess. Dunno about the names. Still haven't decided.

I'll give you a free avatar if you name one after me, or name one Sicnarf and make Loopstok his middle name

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ross Angeles posted:

Isn't that weed or coke or something

I think drugs, hgh, and roids are all under the substance abuse policy umbrella

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/9/19/6559533/nfl-new-drug-policy-details-nflpa

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Rasczak posted:

Along those lines, any of the names from the Key & Peele football sketches.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Well gently caress. That isn't good.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

No Butt Stuff posted:

You don't have to tell us your last name, but Cornelius and Alouicious *Buttstuff* would probably be HoF linebackers. Food for thought.

Edit
Plus you don't really have to worry about their health and CTE and poo poo. You got twins, one dies and you just spend twice as much time with the other.

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?

Chichevache posted:

Edit
Plus you don't really have to worry about their health and CTE and poo poo. You got twins, one dies and you just spend twice as much time with the other.

But what if it's the evil one that lives.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Chichevache posted:

You don't have to tell us your last name, but Cornelius and Alouicious *Buttstuff* would probably be HoF linebackers. Food for thought.

Edit

Going about it the wrong way. Have twins but only register one. Have them live a single life and amaze everyone by being able to do twice as much as anyone else. If one gets injured they can swap the next week.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Jerome Agricola posted:

But what if it's the evil one that lives.

When you choose to bring a life into this world you choose to love and support it no matter what decisions it makes in life, even if it cheers for the patriots. :catholic:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Going about it the wrong way. Have twins but only register one. Have them live a single life and amaze everyone by being able to do twice as much as anyone else. If one gets injured they can swap the next week.

When I was 7 or 8 I read a young adult book about baseball that did that. One twin played catcher really well and the other one was a devastating hitter. Together they helped defeat the Nagasaki Knights, winning the exhibition game against the perfidious Japanese. There was also something about residual guilt from dropping the A bomb on them or whatever, but I was totally caught up in the baseball stuff. :911:

Edit
Wow. Can't believe I got the name of the Japanese team right.

http://www.amazon.com/Moondance-Nagasaki-Knights-Walter-Myers/dp/0385306873

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jul 2, 2015

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

:siren: Rolando McClain suspended 4 games for violating the substance abuse policy

@AdamSchefter: Suspension Thursday: Cowboys' Rolando McClain also suspended four games for violating substance abuse policy, via NFL.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Dallas defense is going to be so bad during that stretch

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
4 games for pot is a joke but pretty moronic on his part too. Just dumb all around.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Wouldn't be surprised if Guion's suspension got announced today too

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Did Aaron Rodgers get suspended yet

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

No Butt Stuff posted:

Derrick and Jovan

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Did Aaron Rodgers get suspended yet

No way anyone gets close to suspending him after finding out he's been upping his swordfighting game this off-season.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
My kids are 19 and 17.5, does that count?

Can any more football-savvy Cards fan write up what's going on w/ our QB situation?

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Drew Stanton is good, the rest are trash. I hope this helps

CowboyKid
May 29, 2008
Emmitt and Deion.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

A Man and his dog posted:

Lmao comparing a Lake to an Ocean.
Bro have you ever been to Lake Michigan?

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jul 2, 2015

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Albert and Kevin. Or Lewis and Ross.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

No way anyone gets close to suspending him after finding out he's been upping his swordfighting game this off-season.

Is this a gay joke?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Now that I've reminded myself of Kevin Ross kind of want to call SA2K 'The Rock' just because it would be so amazingly out of place.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Grittybeard posted:

Now that I've reminded myself of Kevin Ross kind of want to call SA2K 'The Rock' just because it would be so amazingly out of place.

Do you smellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the peanuts...oh poo poo guys I gotta go...

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Grittybeard posted:

I've been lifting, bro

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Chichevache posted:

No, it is about the safest fun sport you can do. Way better than biking or skateboarding, that's for sure.

I dunno, surfing in Nashville might be a little dangerous. Probably have to Teen Wolf it

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

What's up N/V have these funny things that I saw in PYF

and of course for posterity

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

gently caress
The
Colts

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

PrinceRandom posted:

gently caress
The
Colts

Camaron Beard?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ross Angeles posted:

I've been lifting, bro

Works for me, what's up Rock?

I don't have a picture but this reminds me of the time Houston Nutt had to replace Robert Johnson with Casey Dick against South Carolina. Pick any of the following for a headline:

quote:

Nutt says Dick is in due to sore Johnson vs the Cocks.

"Nutt to Replace Johnson with Dick against the Fighting Cocks"

"Nutt to face Cocks with Dick; Due to Sore Johnson."

Dick in, Johnson out as Nutt readies to battle Cocks

I have no clue if any of those are real but...it's hard not to have a crazy headline there.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@AdamSchefter: And, Green Bay's Datone Jones also suspended for first game of season for violating the NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@Chargers: TE Antonio Gates suspended for first 4 games of NFL season.

https://twitter.com/Chargers/status/616697028811173888

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Texans cut former Alabama DT Brandon Ivory, who was arrested on armed robbery charges

• Locked thread