Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
i don't even remember

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Purple Majesty
Dec 12, 2008
A good poster

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
wizard

Hate Fibration
Apr 8, 2013

FLÄSHYN!
At first I wanted to be a praying mantis. Then I decided I wanted to be a turtle. Once I figured out this was impossible, I decided I wanted to be a physicist. I am now going to grad school in mathematics.

Close but no cigar.

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp

Hate Fibration posted:

At first I wanted to be a praying mantis. Then I decided I wanted to be a turtle. Once I figured out this was impossible, I decided I wanted to be a physicist. I am now going to grad school in mathematics.

So you became a furry?

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
Pirate. Then computer programmer, later scientist, mathematician, writer, schoolteacher, probably some others.

Eventually went to grad school and got a degree in math and even trained as a teacher. Finally became a programmer. Not many openings in high seas piracy these days.

Looch
Nov 6, 2007
My name says it all.
An adult

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

dead

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
I wanted to be an Astronomer. When I was very young I read a great deal. My family didn't have a TV. My mother and father were both academics, so during the Reagan years I grew up extremely poor. After reading about Clyde Tombaugh, Percival Lowell, and the like I began stargazing constantly with a pair of high powered binoculars my parents inherited from a birdwatching great aunt.

Somehow my parents scraped together enough money to get me an unbelievably impressive hybrid reflector/refractor telescope. I spent every night outside for a great deal of my childhood stargazing, mapping, and simply exploring the cosmos.

By my teenage years I was still set on becoming an astronomer. However at this point in time my family had shifted from extremely poor to just-a-tad wealthy. When planing my college career, I learned that astronomers made about $22,000 per year, with little hope of ever making more except for extremely limited circumstances. I swore I would never live in poverty again, so Astronomer was out the door and Businessman/Ferrari owner was the new course in life.

The great thing about being a teenager with a telescope is that it's a great way to get to third base with a girl out in the desert. "Less light interference out there. We'll bring a blanket if it gets cold."

Now I make six figures as a corporate cronie. Still have that telescope my parents bought me ages ago, and I use it all the time.

Incomplete Fish
Apr 22, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Slothgate posted:

I wanted to be an Astronomer. When I was very young I read a great deal. My family didn't have a TV. My mother and father were both academics, so during the Reagan years I grew up extremely poor. After reading about Clyde Tombaugh, Percival Lowell, and the like I began stargazing constantly with a pair of high powered binoculars my parents inherited from a birdwatching great aunt.

Somehow my parents scraped together enough money to get me an unbelievably impressive hybrid reflector/refractor telescope. I spent every night outside for a great deal of my childhood stargazing, mapping, and simply exploring the cosmos.

By my teenage years I was still set on becoming an astronomer. However at this point in time my family had shifted from extremely poor to just-a-tad wealthy. When planing my college career, I learned that astronomers made about $22,000 per year, with little hope of ever making more except for extremely limited circumstances. I swore I would never live in poverty again, so Astronomer was out the door and Businessman/Ferrari owner was the new course in life.

The great thing about being a teenager with a telescope is that it's a great way to get to third base with a girl out in the desert. "Less light interference out there. We'll bring a blanket if it gets cold."

Now I make six figures as a corporate cronie. Still have that telescope my parents bought me ages ago, and I use it all the time.

lmfao at this nerd. I almost think this is fake.
Please, tell me something. Do you expect to work doing something you love? Do you think work should be fun?

It's almost like you can use your rear end in a top hat job to live a comfortable enough life that you can put serious money into your hobbies and have fun there. You know, just like everybody else does.

"my dreams didnt come true i had to settle for making a lot of money and being unhappy" smd.

edit for content: When I grow up I want to be a FYAD superstar.

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
stay at home dad

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I wanted to be a stuffy old professor man

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Saw Jurassic park and wanted to be a paleontologist

American Incel
Jul 3, 2015

by Ralp
I wanted to be a cop in High school, and a Director after that. I never really came close to either, and now work part time as a maintenance man at a major institution.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
sports commentator

prob could still be i guess but then i'd have to go do a communications degree and talk on the radio and poo poo first and ehh

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
Having read nothing but the thread title: "inside you." ;*

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I wanted to be a comedy writer. I got my wish.

I should have asked to be a "well-paid" comedy writer, drat you genie!

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I wanted to discover a new continent like Columbus and it would be named after me and I'd get rich trading with the natives. Then I learned that all the continents had been discovered so I wanted to be a paleontologist.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

the guy in the kings house who wipes the kings butt after the king goes #2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat At Blimpees!
Aug 7, 2006
It's green, it flies, it's the Goblin Zeplin!
I wanted to be your Dad OP. Make me proud not-son.

• Locked thread