Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

how me a frog posted:

I really need you to

A) STFU

B) GTFO

accomodate me. It's my thread after all, this is less insane than expecting society to recognize my personal little foibles as a social issue of any importance.

edit: because my needs, show some respect you poo poo, there's plenty of other threads

i probably wont, sorry. i dont think the needs you are expressing are genuine. if you make a webcomic i might reconsider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
Well I have to go to sleep now cause I have to go to be fresh at work but I'll get it done tomorrow or so don't you worry. Unless I forget. Remind me please.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

i hope you rest well and have a day at work within the range of endurable to enjoyable.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Ocean Book posted:

all of your actions are up for you to choose with absolute freedom. first determine your values and then act accordingly.

i agree

actually i'm more of a speeding train than i am an agent of free will. my actions (and values) depend on what i've done before and on the sum total of what i know up to this point. i'm not free and i wonder what the true freedom is.

Pyramid Scheme
May 21, 2007

The first rule of being an introvert: You do not talk about being an introvert

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Pyramid Scheme posted:

The first rule of being an introvert: You don't talk about being an introvert

ya, it comes off as a cry for help. if you're an introvert everyone assumes it's for a good reason, until you say otherwise, then you just look pathetic.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
fffff

ArcticKnife
Mar 2, 2015

how me a frog posted:

There's a front page?

gently caress I wanna be treated like cats. Am I on board with this? o_0

Apparently so,

corpuscollossus posted:

Ensure the introvert has a fresh pile of newspaper strips for nesting.

Wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for hair balls. Eat play sleep

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

Tautologicus posted:

i agree

actually i'm more of a speeding train than i am an agent of free will. my actions (and values) depend on what i've done before and on the sum total of what i know up to this point. i'm not free and i wonder what the true freedom is.

your will isnt free but your actions are. you can (almost?) always choose to act in defiance of your will and values, but i wouldnt suggest it.

e - your actions are spacially and temporally bound though.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Ocean Book posted:

your will isnt free but your actions are. you can (almost?) always choose to act in defiance of your will and values, but i wouldnt suggest it.

e - your actions are spacially and temporally bound though.

yes.

you know that thing where you're standing at a subway stop and for a split second as the train is coming you have the thought "i should jump in front of it" but obviously you never act on it? is there any possible world where i've acted on it? what is that thought, is it ever listened to?

dunno if that agrees with you or not. i also don't think i can act in defiance of my will and values, that seems to set up an infinite "who watches the watcher" scenario. what am i but my will. whatever i do, that was my will.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

People retarded and gay

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

Tautologicus posted:

yes.

you know that thing where you're standing at a subway stop and for a split second as the train is coming you have the thought "i should jump in front of it" but obviously you never act on it? is there any possible world where i've acted on it? what is that thought, is it ever listened to?

dunno if that agrees with you or not. i also don't think i can act in defiance of my will and values, that seems to set up an infinite "who watches the watcher" scenario. what am i but my will. whatever i do, that was my will.

loving think of it like this. you have your will and your ego. your will is a churning mass of potential action that is pushing you in various directions. it would act automatically if not for your ego, which is the boundary between your will and the actions of your body. most animals act automatically in accord with their will, but as humans have reflexive awareness of their will they can constuct psycho-physical blocks and channels that direct or stymie the motion of the will. typically these blocks and channels will be reflective of the values of the person in question, though they dont have to be. here the argument could be made that the person isnt acting against their will but is instead choosing to favor one aspect of the will over another, as the will isnt internally consistent. but isnt this still acting against your will, even as you act in accordance with it?

humans are also capable of anticipating their will in advance, and taking actions to either alter or frustrate their future will.

these are my thoughts on will

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Ocean Book posted:

i actually read the comics and theres nothing in there saying or suggesting introverts are better than other people

thank god somebody did, those are like some really dry boring crap

Goddamn Hippy
Jan 18, 2006
You are all in my bubble, this is unacceptable.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
it's like GBS is now the land of new college students testing out their theories

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

The whole introvert thing seems kind of lame. I'm rejecting people on such a level I might as well settle for serial killer.

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013

skeletonotherkin posted:

The whole introvert thing seems kind of lame. I'm rejecting people on such a level I might as well settle for serial killer.

they're confusing being introverted for being social awkward for the most part.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Everyone feels nervous meeting new people and doing activities they aren't good at, everyone gets drained after a party and needs a bit of alone time. Difference is whether or not you let those things stop you from doing things. This stuff is dumb.

Asobu
Sep 16, 2007

My guitar is in my BUTT!
Soiled Meat
I'm an introvert, but so are my friends. So we're not introverts but we are introverts. My GIRLFRIEND is also an introvert and so am I so we are introverts but at the same time we are not introverts because introverts don't gently caress. Introverts introverts introfarts intofarts into the butthole goatse

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
just let me know when I can go to bed

Asobu
Sep 16, 2007

My guitar is in my BUTT!
Soiled Meat

gnarlyhotep posted:

just let me know when I can go to bed

ok you can go to bed in 15 minutes but not until you finish your veggies young man no one leaves the table without finishing their introverts introverts let's be nice to the special little introverts and their special little unique snowflake retard minds intro verts intro vertsintro vertsintro

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

BumbleChump posted:

ok you can go to bed in 15 minutes but not until you finish your veggies young man no one leaves the table without finishing their introverts introverts let's be nice to the special little introverts and their special little unique snowflake retard minds intro verts intro vertsintro vertsintro

how about I just go to bed now you loving jackass

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

gnarlyhotep posted:

how about I just go to bed now you loving jackass

Dont forget to thank mr skeltal, and sleep tite!

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

burritolingus posted:

Everyone feels nervous meeting new people and doing activities they aren't good at, everyone gets drained after a party and needs a bit of alone time. Difference is whether or not you let those things stop you from doing things. This stuff is dumb.

in my experience, there's a clear divide between people who need to hang out all the time and people who almost never do

maybe you spend too much time on the internet and thinking of internet stereotypes

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

i am introverted and i fix it by drinking a lot all the time, it's p. fun.

Dr.Mrs.The Monarch
Aug 8, 2005

Obamunist Troll Bot: Built to bring a One World Government to the People

blainestereo posted:

i am introverted and i fix it by drinking a lot all the time, it's p. fun.

Same but I'm not introverted.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Dr.Mrs.The Monarch posted:

Same but I'm not introverted.

I heard once that drinking is just borrowing happiness from tomorrow. Following that logic, I pay my tab with credit card now.

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

how me a frog posted:

I heard once that drinking is just borrowing happiness from tomorrow. Following that logic, I pay my tab with credit card now.

It isn't true though because tomorrow you can call in sick to work and just sit at home puking and scratching your balls all day, that's just another kind of happiness.

Dr.Mrs.The Monarch
Aug 8, 2005

blainestereo posted:

It isn't true though because tomorrow you can call in sick to work and just sit at home puking and scratching your balls all day, that's just another kind of happiness.

Nah bro, just drink away that hangover

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

Dr.Mrs.The Monarch posted:

Nah bro, just drink away that hangover

great point!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i like my alone time but i crave attention so what does that make me

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Introverted is a synonym for boring. These people hate social interaction because they have no real interests or hobbies and thus have no way to relate to other people. hope this helps god bless

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded
An introvert is simply a person who has realised that most people are not worth talking to.

Refute my reasoning.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

zimboe posted:

An introvert is simply a person who has realised that most people are not worth talking to.

Refute my reasoning.

you're way to introverted to disagree with

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
An introvert is simply a person that other people have realized is not worth talking to

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
you say introvert, I say autist

Dr.Mrs.The Monarch
Aug 8, 2005

I used to be like this, and it was because I was a social retard so socializing was literally a scary and exhausting experience. Then I started drinking and smoking and learned to chill the gently caress out and be normal.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

i remember one of these introvert comics where all the extroverted people were drunk and throwing up and getting in fights the whole time and the introvert person sits in the corner thinking about how superior he is

the "places of art/nature" one is dumb also. like any of the shut ins posting this poo poo to facebook have ever gone to a gallery or on a hike. post pictures of your hikes if youre so interesting when theres no one else around

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.
Let's see, which is easier:

1. Spending hours drawing a cartoon infographic about being lazy as a PSA for extraverts, who are totally known for reading webcomics on the internet.

2. Drinking a couple of beers when you go to a party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
nah man, web comics are the ultimate tool to educate people to your introvert polyamory ways

• Locked thread