Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Ah, I never knew that feud included Bobby being pro-Trump, I really hope that happens now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

people forget that billy corgans wrestling promotion, he had his mentally handicapped irl brother become a character.

he turned heel on the third show.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Being related to Billy Corgan is a genetic disorder, not a mental handicap.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Gonzo McFee posted:

Rosie Vs Trump? Maybe?

I dunno, Trump's scum and I hope his golfcourse that he bullied people out of their homes for gets loving burned to the ground.

I believe you'll find Trump is more Scottish than you and I and every other Scot combined.

He is the one true scotsman.

He said it himself.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I hope Lashley defends Trump, because showing continuity from a largely irrelevant and forgotten angle that happened in WWE 10 years ago is the most TNA thing ever.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I hope Lashley defends Trump, because showing continuity from a largely irrelevant and forgotten angle that happened in WWE 10 years ago is the most TNA thing ever.

I hope Lashley defends Trump while wearing Trump's hairpiece.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Skinty McEdger posted:

I believe you'll find Trump is more Scottish than you and I and every other Scot combined.

He is the one true scotsman.

He said it himself.

If he could walk between Central and Queens street without getting lynched I'd be shocked.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

rovert posted:

Insert your own joke:

So, if this isn't related to TNA, do they have a demon on standby, or are they going to allow some poor person to remain possessed for 4 months until they can film it?

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Testekill posted:

Posted on the Impact website.

My god, Billy Corgan is Vince Russo. Vince Russo is Billy Corgan.

Everything makes sense and yet nothing makes sense.

Trump will show, wonder where Vince is, and then cite TNA as an example of all-american small business success.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Regrettable posted:

do they have a demon on standby

make the call dixie

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Joey McChrist posted:

make the call dixie

"Everyone keeps talking about this wrestling demon tearing it up on NXT and we snatched him away!" :downs:

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
Dale Torborg actually did make an appearance for TNA once.

He's been with the Chicago White Sox as a strength and conditioning coach since like 2004 and showed up on Impact after they won the World Series in 05.

EDIT: You know, I just realized how ridiculous that is.

DynamiteKidd fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jul 11, 2015

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=743296&page=185 posted:

Torborg if you didn't know was the KISS DEMON in WCW. LOL. He went onto the White Sox who won the World Series in 05.
Commentary focuses on talking to Heenan for a while, Tenay acts like a dick to Bobby. It's a little hard to understand Bobby :( Match goes on and it's whatever, outside Pierzynskil has that bat and scares off Simon Diamond. Diamond by the way is really fat and out of shape, so is his bald partner. They go at it for a while, match is pretty boring except for a few good moves by Dutt. Simon hits Torborg with the baseball shin protector and Pierzynskil pulls out the ref before the count! He argues with the ref that he wears white stripes and can do whatever he wants, Bobby intervenes and talks to the ref. Red Sox Baseball player in the audience slips a home plate to Pierzynskil! Aj Pierzynskil goes to the ring and hits Simon Diamond with the home plate! Sabin hits his finisher, Dutt does a jump off the turnbuckle and lands it, all 3 pile on the pin and win it! Team White Sox wins!

Aj Pierzynskil signs homeplate for Simon and they celebrate. Bobby finishes in the commentary booth and Tenay bullshits that he loves him and Bobby goes 'yeah sure' pretty much.
Dutt and Sabin present the White Sox guys with their own TNA rings...which i'm sure they still have right?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Why did Tenay and Heenan have heat? Was Tenay a dick to Bobby in WCW?

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
If you made me guess, if you paid me to come up with a reason, I'd say Tenay didn't like Heenan in WCW because Heenan refused to put in any effort at all on commentary

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

DynamiteKidd posted:

If you made me guess, if you paid me to come up with a reason, I'd say Tenay didn't like Heenan in WCW because Heenan refused to put in any effort at all on commentary

And if Brain gave any sort of effort on commentry, he ran circles around Tony, Larry, or Mongo.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

maybe heenan didn't call Asian people orientals enough for tenay

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

EugeneJ posted:

Why did Tenay and Heenan have heat? Was Tenay a dick to Bobby in WCW?

Tenay and Heenan are close friends.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Regrettable posted:

So, if this isn't related to TNA, do they have a demon on standby, or are they going to allow some poor person to remain possessed for 4 months until they can film it?

They won't be exorcising a person because that's a step too retarded even for lovely reality ghost TV.

They'll obviously be doing the impact zone so universal can safely put something else in the building.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

There's a feeling within TNA that the production crew, who hasn't been paid yet for the May tapings, really will be paid after July 15th as promised because of the fear that they won't show up for the tapings that begin on July 22nd.

Imagine no production people on the last week of TNA taping ever

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Chris James 2 posted:

We already watched Slammiversary.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Chris James 2 posted:

The Feast or Fired turkey, but for a whole show.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Do the ring guys count as production

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Does TNA count as a promotion?

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Excuse me, is this where the bitches are found?

RZApublican posted:

The Feast or Fired turkey, but for a whole show.

We just need Jake Milliman!

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

RZApublican posted:

I hope Lashley defends Trump while wearing Trump's hairpiece.

We only needed Trump
e: Alternatively

Postal Parcel fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jul 12, 2015

Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014
That last one is avatar material.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

quote:

Aces and Eights, they're murderers, they're thieves...some of them are good people.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
For whatever it is worth Konnan on MLW Radio says TNA "are trying to do something with WGN".

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

We just need WGN. (Six months later...) We just need HGTV Canada. (Three months later...) We just need Orlando Public Access.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Delsaber posted:

We just need WGN. (Six months later...) We just need HGTV Canada. (Three months later...) We just need Orlando Public Access.

We just need SCTV

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
does UHF still exist, maybe TNA could go there

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Alain Post posted:

does UHF still exist, maybe TNA could go there

I don't think Weird Al wants TNA on his station.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
Supposedly WGN made an offer to TNA before the DA deal came through, but it would have involved having no TV until June and they never would have been able to survive long enough to get there.

So they're crawling back to the guys whose best deal was "In this hypothetical scenario where something utterly impossible happens, you can be on our network"

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

RZApublican posted:

We just need PSP.tv

C'mon, it's been the forum name for a month now, pull the trigger Dixie! We're offering you these fine eggs left over from when Smashmouth didn't eat them.

It's the best deal going and you know it.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Mercury Crusader posted:

I don't think Weird Al wants TNA on his station.

You can trade the X-Division title, at destination X, for a chance to DRINK FROM THE FIRE HOSE!

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Would it really be impossible for them to find a network to go on? There's some obscure channels like ONE World Sports and Great America Country.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Niwrad posted:

Would it really be impossible for them to find a network to go on? There's some obscure channels like ONE World Sports and Great America Country.

They don't just need a network to show them, they also need someone willing to pay money for their show, as they make virtually no money on everything else. Their only significant sources of income are their television deals.

Malikov
Jan 25, 2015
Bischoff needs to put a word in at WGN & nix this quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
lol:

https://twitter.com/johnlister/status/620639624420044801

Good on Davey anyway.

• Locked thread