Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I'll pushup my fists in your loving face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wit
Jul 26, 2011
Max at 30, but then I am a very fat man.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Tautologicus posted:

i just took a video of myself doing 35 but i realized i wasn't going down far enough for it to really count as a good pushup. i attribute that to a wrist injury i got a bunch of years ago that has never healed. i could probably do about 25 or so with my nose almost touching the ground each time but i haven't tried that yet. i'm not doing this for the thread, the question legitimately made me curious about my current physical fitness (not great).

edit nah its just the angle, im going plenty low. could go lower but they count.
if u were nude post the video anyways ;)

i was reloading
Aug 15, 2015

by zen death robot

oncearoundaltair posted:

I'll pushup my fists in your loving face.

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.
it coutns when the gut touches the ground

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
can only do a pyramid set up to 6 because I've been doing nothing but working and drinking. I should probably fix that.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
What if your so fat that when your arms are fully extended your gut touches the floor?

wit
Jul 26, 2011

spud posted:

What if your so fat that when your arms are fully extended your gut touches the floor?

You do them in a garage over the pit.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I tried to do 30 again but either im tired now or i really did 90 degrees this time and ended up being able to do 25 + 5 halfassed ones. (edit or 20 + 10 halfassed ones jesus christ)

heres my video bros

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wQ0kwKIbn0

i do not think this is an example of being in shape, but it is just what one goon can do. i mostly drink soda and eat crap and sit at the computer, but i have carried a lot of boxes over the past few months so idk. i used to eat better and get more exercise and im gonna come back around to that. i consider seeing my poor attempt at exercise a wakeup call i guess.

if someone posts their own, try to do better than me, incline pushups, diamonds, something good. not exactly trying to start something here.

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

Tautologicus posted:

I tried to do 30 again but either im tired now or i really did 90 degrees this time and ended up being able to do 25 + 5 halfassed ones.

heres my video bros

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wQ0kwKIbn0

i do not think this is an example of being in shape, but it is just what one goon can do. i mostly drink soda and eat crap and sit at the computer, but i have carried a lot of boxes over the past few months so idk. i used to eat better and get more exercise and im gonna come back around to that. i consider seeing my poor attempt at exercise a wakeup call i guess.

if someone posts their own, try to do better than me, incline pushups, diamonds, something good. not exactly trying to start something here.

for a sec i thought i was in ylls but then i just realized you're a nerd

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Feminition posted:

for a sec i thought i was in ylls but then i just realized you're a nerd

kindof.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
i can only do one

but it's with my boner. I have to let it go down again before doing another.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

0 man style ones and 125 girl push ups

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
20 a set usually

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I know I can do 30 in 60 seconds according to my last assessment but I bet I could probably get up to 40 with some real grunting and farting in the last ten.

And I'm talking about real elbows at your torso push ups. None of that chicken wing horsecrap.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

notZaar posted:

I know I can do 30 in 60 seconds according to my last assessment but I bet I could probably get up to 40 with some real grunting and farting in the last ten.

And I'm talking about real elbows at your torso push ups. None of that chicken wing horsecrap.

how many tractor tires can you hit with a sledgehammer in 30 sec, full kipping

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp
I can do 44 in a minute.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

psyopmonkey2 posted:

I can do 44 in a minute.

doesnt it hurt when your reverse dick touches the ground

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

i do hindu pushups while wearing jeans and no shirt

smell my sweaty back musk

lordoftheT
Feb 2, 2015

Check out this cool dog!
What in the gently caress are hindu pushups?

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
When I posted I could do around 55, I meant in a row without stopping. I'm not sure how many I could do in a timeframe.

I'm a weakling compared to most of my coworkers. Drilling rig strength is an entirely different thing than gym strength.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I think only retards (?????) care about pushups if u ask a Swole guy how many pushups he can do hed probably say "Don't know man" because he cares more about his bench number when it comes to chest stuff.
Did u know Jesus is a natural steroid?

Gentwise
Sep 12, 2003
Gentwise Bankfourthe, Esquire.
At the moment probably like, 5?

I just had my thumb broken by an airbag tho

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
100 op in one go

im not a weak baby bitch

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

lordoftheT posted:

What in the gently caress are hindu pushups?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ndOPrcoUt8

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
on a good day, 80-85, but even on a bad day I can always manage at least 60

loving lol if you can't do more than 40

loving

lol

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

notZaar posted:

chicken winging is fine as long as your upper arms become parallel to the ground

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

that's the divebomber who's the retard who told you they're called hindu push-ups

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

that's the divebomber who's the retard who told you they're called hindu push-ups

ah i travelled to india and was told by a guru that they're called hindu pushups. even the youtube title calls them hindu pushups. one of us wrong here. but one of us also doesn't give a poo poo (its me)

toggle fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jul 4, 2015

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

toggle posted:

ah i travelled to india and was told by a guru that they're called hindu pushups. even the youtube title calls them hindu pushups. one of us wrong here. but one of us also doesn't give a poo poo (its me)

I don't give a poo poo either. Also, I don't like your face. But I believe you is correct in that the video shows Hindu pushups. Divebomber pushups involve the arms bending again for a second time in the second part. With the Hindu pushups you just push back.

E: unlike you I'm a poor and so have never travelled to India. But many years ago I met a girl who worked in a bar and we dated for a while. She was exotically beautiful, the result of having a mother from Hong Kong and an Indian father. I don't know how many pushups she could perform or what type. But she had the nicest shaved growler LMFAO

Nic Cage dick cage fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jul 4, 2015

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Fallows posted:

Be careful genesplicer! as you age your bones can become weak and brittle and the chance of your arms failing and disintegrating into a thousand pieces increases

Part of the reason I'm doing this is because a couple of years ago I tore a muscle by stepping up one step on a freaking ladder. That's right, one step. According to the doc, this sort of thing happens from time to time. It's a muscle in the calf that about half the human population doesn't even have. But I do, and it spontaneously gave way.

I asked if exercise would help. He told me that it would help me avoid such injuries in the future, but would likely replace them with an equal amount of sports-related injuries. So I decided to go to the gym. I figured "Yeah, I got this torn muscle while training for a marathon" or "Yep! tore that muscle to hell and back while doing leg lifts" sounds much better than "Well, I tore it while stepping up."

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
lifting weights increases bone density

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Let's see I do 20 a morning and assuming I live at least another 30 years I can do about 220000. Probably more because I bet I get really good at it eventually!

Epileptic Monkey
Jan 9, 2014
The one time I went to the gym my friend kept pushing me to do 20, take a 15 second break and do another 20. Then we did a whole other bunch of poo poo, for another 30 minutes and that was our warmup. I've never had my arms feel tight before, I kinda liked it but then that guy moved outta town and I don't know how to use gym poo poo, so I'm stuck as a skinny weak piss baby.

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014

Top City Homo posted:

100 op in one go

im not a weak baby bitch

You're the only goon itt I'd bet money on.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Epileptic Monkey posted:

The one time I went to the gym my friend kept pushing me to do 20, take a 15 second break and do another 20. Then we did a whole other bunch of poo poo, for another 30 minutes and that was our warmup. I've never had my arms feel tight before, I kinda liked it but then that guy moved outta town and I don't know how to use gym poo poo, so I'm stuck as a skinny weak piss baby.

you don't need gym poo poo to do push-ups you loving retard

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

lol if you have to use two hands.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
lol if you even have hands

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
5 just 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DonJNavarro
Aug 16, 2000
I am so smart!....S-M-R-T!

:dukedog:
pushups are for plebeians. wheres the max bench/squat/deadlift thread?

• Locked thread