Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Third World Reggin posted:

my current project is to make moon light blade accessible to people but hoooly poo poo wushu 3.0 is brutal

I love/hate you for being such an enabler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

my current project is to make moon light blade accessible to people but hoooly poo poo wushu 3.0 is brutal

Just the fact that you even got me to install it let alone play it is a major success.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Stanley Pain posted:

Just the fact that you even got me to install it let alone play it is a major success.

welcome to another great goon adventure, which plenty of drama will occur :getin:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

hey grithok I just hit 32 and finished that one person dungeon in that, couple questions:

my bag is full, is it okay to just vendor all the quest crap or is there something else to do with it?

I did a mission where I talked to a dude with a spear and then fought some dudes, then some more dudes, then I talked to another guy and beat his rear end for another quest, and then there was another guy who did the same thing, but when I beat his rear end I didn't get credit so I think he wants me to capture him or something?

on a scale of 1-HyC how much do you hate my questions right now?

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

If I buy the founder pack, do the beta keys allow someone to play in the early access on 9th?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Demicol posted:

If I buy the founder pack, do the beta keys allow someone to play in the early access on 9th?

No, the only people allowed in for EA on the 9th are people who own a founder's pack.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

HowTo for custom settings coming soon-ish(tm), config settings where changed with these newer builds.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

:getin: this stress test

E: In as Maus Oeufcoque 

Kabuki Shipoopi fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jul 7, 2015

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez
I'm in there as Josephine Smith. Worship me.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

LordSaturn posted:

This game looks cool as poo poo but I'm currently deep in FFXIV. Hopefully Skyforge will just be even cooler by the time I get around to it, and not be a howling wasteland of broken dreams.

Might be a good idea to at least create a character and finish the tutorial during the first week or so, since the progression cap increase is only counted for each week that you have an existing character on your account.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

I need name ideas to register when I get home from work.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Schubalts posted:

Might be a good idea to at least create a character and finish the tutorial during the first week or so, since the progression cap increase is only counted for each week that you have an existing character on your account.

How many hours of playing this game per week does it take to hit the initial cap?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Obscurity posted:

Personal Jesus
Not Muhammed
Neo Neo
Goku

That's all I got.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Obscurity posted:

Be aware that names in this game have to be Firstname Lastname.

Although I think there's a way to change it later (I vaguely remember a popup saying there was a vendor for this, first change was free and additional ones were 2500 argents?)

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Xavier434 posted:

How many hours of playing this game per week does it take to hit the initial cap?

A lot, but you'll probably want your credit cap to grow as much as possible, regardless of how many hours you can put in. The caps on credits are the most limiting thing for progression, much later on. There are a lot of things you'll want to spend credits on later, like holy texts to upgrade your chapels when they start needing dozens per upgrade per chapel.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Obscurity posted:

System Administrator
Scientology R Us
Hiterally Litler
Jehovah Witness
Drunk Odin

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Xavier434 posted:

System Administrator

ill take this one becuse a lot of sysadmins think they are gods and thats funny to me

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
which is the joke

I know

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

God speed friend. I hope you successfully troll lots of pubbies with it.

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

Xavier434 posted:

Hiterally Litler

I chuckled at this one too.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

http://sf.my.com/us/news/announcements/skyforge-pre-obt-stress-test-now-live

To anyone unaware. There is currently a stress test going on right now. It lasts until Tomorrow.

Also we are getting really close to the big day. Start calling dibs on Division Commander you fucks. You must at least have some way for me to contact you outside of game in case you go loving AWOL. So basically have Something Awful PMs or friend me on Steam giving me your in game name. My Steam name is Drinkfist.

Division Commanders have the power to vote in the guild as well as will be in charge of drama bombs from your division. If you have friends that you want in your division you can make a whole loving guild of them within the guild. Keep in mind that day one we are only going to have a guild player cap of 12 and all of us in there are going to be bum rushing to P2000 to unlock the order and start building guild size expansions to get all you fucks in there.

Begin the clamor for power.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jul 7, 2015

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Game seems promising from the hour or so I've been able to play. Probably will pick it up, but I take quite a nasty ping hit to play NA instead of EU servers - tough choices.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
I've got RL poo poo being lovely timing wise (scrabbling for rent, whoo) so I won't be buying a founder's pack and probably won't be able to poopsock much when the real OBT drop. Godspeed yon spergs, I'll get in at the second tier of goons in the guild or something.

(Right? If the top mans can only have 12 deputies or whatever, those 12 can have probably 12 each, right? So 144 goons in the third tier of the pyramid?)

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

this game is seriously fun. It's like the combat from neverwinter, an interface like a linux kernel, missions from city of heroes but all in techno heaven.

Kabuki Shipoopi fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jul 7, 2015

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

I rescind my earlier comments, played for another couple hours now and have no desire to go any further really. Just no hook, no incentive.

The story is thin and irrelevant even by MMO standards, and I didn't really feel like my character was progressing or that I was getting invested. Combat has potential (especially for PVP) but lacks impact, I think mostly due to poor sound design - they should add some more umph to the action/effect.

I guess I'll see how you all go during early access and maybe give it another try next week.

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
Laser priest now fires his pink death ray straight up into the air half the time. A welcome improvement.

Remb
Feb 2, 2014

in as Bukkake Bandit

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
Decided I should try it out before putting money down for early access and downloaded it. It's pretty fun!

Wasn't really feeling the starter classes they had (Alchemist, Priest dude, Knight, Paladin, Frost dude). Most of the attacks didn't seem to have much weight behind them. Favorite was probably the Alchemist spitting green goo every where and summoning blobs.

Graphics are good. Combat was ok. Personally I think TERA just feels better in the combat department but then again I just played for 30-40 mins.

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Super High-School Level Bean-dog
I haven't tried out the game yet but if I end up liking it...I wouldn't mind trying to help out with pantheon management...hell we'd probably want a division for the EU timezone anyways.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
I tried to buy in with paypal and have no idea if it worked. I don't currently seem to have a founders pack and they took my money.

Only reason I used paypal is because their CC thing was sketch as gently caress.

I'm getting really good vibes from this game.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Lmao at the boob size and the buttocks slider.

Nullset
Apr 21, 2010

Bashez posted:

I tried to buy in with paypal and have no idea if it worked. I don't currently seem to have a founders pack and they took my money.

Only reason I used paypal is because their CC thing was sketch as gently caress.

I'm getting really good vibes from this game.

If you log into http://sf.my.com/us/user, there will be a green gem/badge thing that shows if you're a founder.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

All games need a butt slider for dudes and dudettes.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

I took Siddhartha Gautama. Not sure if I'll keep this or go with something else.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Drinkfist posted:

http://sf.my.com/us/news/announcements/skyforge-pre-obt-stress-test-now-live

To anyone unaware. There is currently a stress test going on right now. It lasts until Tomorrow.

Also we are getting really close to the big day. Start calling dibs on Division Commander you fucks. You must at least have some way for me to contact you outside of game in case you go loving AWOL. So basically have Something Awful PMs or friend me on Steam giving me your in game name. My Steam name is Drinkfist.

Division Commanders have the power to vote in the guild as well as will be in charge of drama bombs from your division. If you have friends that you want in your division you can make a whole loving guild of them within the guild. Keep in mind that day one we are only going to have a guild player cap of 12 and all of us in there are going to be bum rushing to P2000 to unlock the order and start building guild size expansions to get all you fucks in there.

Begin the clamor for power.

i swear myself in as a division commander of the god awful.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Nullset posted:

If you log into http://sf.my.com/us/user, there will be a green gem/badge thing that shows if you're a founder.

Yeah I know, there is not. I'm hoping they're just bombed from the stress test or something and it will be there when I wake up. My friend also tried to buy in and it's not working over there either.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
This game is...not awful? Like I want to say I'm getting some serious Phantasy Star Online/Universe vibes from the combat but everything just feels a bit off. It's probably the poor sound design. Also is it me or does knight just feel hella clunky?

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
Dumb question, but what's the second thing that gets looted with credits? Looks like a gold star medal.

Oh, is it the premium bonus?

Dosvidanya fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jul 8, 2015

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Hmm Star Lord taken so I took Peter Quill.

Still not sure what I wanna actually name my guy..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Once I got used to aiming at the guy I'm fighting the combat got a lot more fun. I started off as a paladin and darting from mob to mob then doing all kinds of sweet combos made grinding really fun.

Doing combos can get a bit confusing in groups so I end up spending more time looking at the ability bar than the fighting, but it's not too distracting. I think eventually I'll get used to the animations enough for that to not be an issue.

Even some of the slightly tougher mobs have little mechanics you need to figure out to kill them (like the mechanic robots). :3

Also, the little touches like the 3d interaction with the techno gondola and the auto run to quest markers is nice.

Kabuki Shipoopi fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jul 8, 2015

• Locked thread