Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

"Be there or be triangular"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_azh_7CBEY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Kennel From Hell. The big blowoff to the Al Snow/Big Boss Man feud (which included such memorable moments as Boss Man killing Snow's dog and feeding it to him) was a Hell in the Cell match with DEADLY KILLER DOGS stalking the area outside the ring.

Except the dogs weren't all that mean and just spent the whole match pissing and making GBS threads outside the ring.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4e7bp_al-snow-vs-big-boss-man-unforgiven_sport

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Ian Rotten losing his shoot job at Taco Bell for dealing out of the drive-thru

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Benne posted:

Kennel From Hell. The big blowoff to the Al Snow/Big Boss Man feud (which included such memorable moments as Boss Man killing Snow's dog and feeding it to him) was a Hell in the Cell match with DEADLY KILLER DOGS stalking the area outside the ring.

Except the dogs weren't all that mean and just spent the whole match pissing and making GBS threads outside the ring.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4e7bp_al-snow-vs-big-boss-man-unforgiven_sport

It's worse than that, the dogs weren't fixed and they used males and females, and the dogs just start loving constantly and the handlers keep trying to break them up.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

ROCK BOTTOM INTO THE DOG POOP

THE DOG POOP

THE DOG POOP

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
Bischoff sells for a bird

actually this is gr8

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Once saw a battle royal at a drag strip where the ring was set up between the stands and the near lane, with actual drag cars running in the far lane during the match. The winner of the match was some guy from Axe Men and he :airquote:won $5,000:airquote: that he was going to use to get his sunken boat off the bottom of a river.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Shakenbaker posted:

Once saw a battle royal at a drag strip where the ring was set up between the stands and the near lane, with actual drag cars running in the far lane during the match. The winner of the match was some guy from Axe Men and he :airquote:won $5,000:airquote: that he was going to use to get his sunken boat off the bottom of a river.

That owns and there's nothing dumb about anything you described.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
My local indie has a rock n' roll grrrl gimmick who shows how "rock'n" she is by carrying a single drumstick (with a fuzzy purple keychain) to the ring and waving it around and then leaving it in her corner

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
XPW as a whole.
RoboCop saves Sting.
Rick Steiner vs Chucky.
Aztec Warrior Jeff Jarrett.

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Shakenbaker posted:

On the subject of battle royals, I'm pretty sure it was Tri State that ran a reverse Battle Royal where you had to throw your opponent INTO the ring to eliminate them...

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
As far as dumb poo poo when it comes to writing/storylines, the one thing that sticks out to me is part of the seemingly never ending Sheamus and Alberto Del Rio feud. Sheamus starts winning TV matches with the cloverleaf submission, while also still using the brogue kick. Ricardo eats a brogue kick at one point, so they hire David Otunga to lobby Smackdown GM Booker T to ban the brogue kick. Booker agrees, and bans the brogue kick. Sheamus wins his next match with the cloverleaf, as he had been. Commentators still really play up "How will Sheamus defeat Alberto Del Rio if the brogue kick has been banned?!?" Video packages show Sheamus looking concerned about it being banned, meanwhile he's still winning every TV match with a cloverleaf. At the PPV, Booker T comes out before the match and unbans the brogue kick. Sheamus wins by brogue kick.

It's literally the worst wrestling writing I've ever seen in my life. Truly insulting the intelligence of their audience.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
This far and nothing about David Arquette?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

one time chikara booked zack sabre jr for KOT weekend and only had him wrestle 1 match like come on guys gimme them armbars

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

zakharov posted:

This far and nothing about David Arquette?

WCW champion Vince Russo.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

WCW Champion David Arquette ruled and I can tell you why: Despite not seeing the clip once in like 16 years or whatever now since it first aired the sound and image of Arquette gleefully squealing "Shyaaaaaat aaaaaaaaaaaaap" at the crowd is still seared into my brain. Someone please find that clip

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

He also donated the entirety of whatever unwarranted gigantic sum WCW paid him to do that to charity, so a bunch of kids got blankets or whatever because of that.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

He also donated the entirety of whatever unwarranted gigantic sum WCW paid him to do that to charity, so a bunch of kids got blankets or whatever because of that.

It's even better than that, I believe he donated his pay to the families of deceased wrestlers. I believe he gave a bunch of it to Pillman's family.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

That DICK! posted:

WCW Champion David Arquette ruled and I can tell you why: Despite not seeing the clip once in like 16 years or whatever now since it first aired the sound and image of Arquette gleefully squealing "Shyaaaaaat aaaaaaaaaaaaap" at the crowd is still seared into my brain. Someone please find that clip

He was a lifelong wrestling fan and told them it was a really stupid and horrible idea and only did it so he could donate the money ($50,000 I think?) to Pillman's widow, Owen's widow, and Droz.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Great White Hope posted:

It's even better than that, I believe he donated his pay to the families of deceased wrestlers. I believe he gave a bunch of it to Pillman's family.

Luigi Thirty posted:

He was a lifelong wrestling fan and told them it was a really stupid and horrible idea and only did it so he could donate the money ($50,000 I think?) to Pillman's widow, Owen's widow, and Droz.

Ah yeah, that was it. I loving love the fact that the angle most associated with the worst of WCW benefited the families of three WWF wrestlers.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Having John Cena beat Brock Lesnar in his first match back

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

achillesforever6 posted:

Having John Cena beat Brock Lesnar in his first match back

Not just that, but the entire "worst year in John Cena's professional career" concept.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

OSW Review did the Arquette trilogy-- reviews of Ready to Rumble, the movie he was in; the episode of Thunder where he won the title in a tag match off of Bischoff; and Slamboree where he lost it in a three cages match out of the movie.

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.
Shout out to the XFL.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Gavok posted:

Not just that, but the entire "worst year in John Cena's professional career" concept.

The concept was OK. The execution less so.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mdgtjiql5I

this was not the end of the match.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_QzcpHThwQ
The crowd shooting pictures and just looking at each other like "can you believe this poo poo?"

Teddybear posted:

OSW Review did the Arquette trilogy-- reviews of Ready to Rumble, the movie he was in; the episode of Thunder where he won the title in a tag match off of Bischoff; and Slamboree where he lost it in a three cages match out of the movie.
It always makes me very happy when OSW does a WCW review

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Dean Malenko and Kidman had a match where, for some reason, the first person to touch the floor lost. After about a minute, Dean rolls to the outside and the ref calls the match and Dean looks confused because I guess no one had actually told him the special rules of the match.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Doink vs kimchee in an... abandoned department store?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYb6aVZqaZw

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

StarkRavingMad posted:

I just remembered Beaver Cleavage, a short lived WWE gimmick in an obvious "Leave It To Beaver" style gag. The whole gimmick was built around the implication that he was having sex with his mother, who was also his manager. They had to kill it real quick since they were reportedly losing advertisers, because no one other than Vince thought a gimmick based totally on incest was cool. They killed it by doing a worked shoot where Beaver said "I can't do this anymore" and walked out in the middle of a promo. He then became Chaz and revealed that his "mother" was actually just his girlfriend.

Not quite Katie Vick level, but the concept was really dumb and poorly thought out.

You forgot where that relationship went afterward, which was domestic abuse, with his fake mother girlfriend coming out to the ring with black eyes and such. Which later turned out to be her making the whole thing up and using makeup to look like her boyfriend was abusing her.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Triple H and Candice Michelle (?) getting blown under a table at a BBQ or whatever the hell that was.

DX comeback runs, one of which probably led to the above.

Actually, DX in general.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

pathetic little tramp posted:

Doink vs kimchee in an... abandoned department store?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYb6aVZqaZw

WWF dubbing in fart noises whenever Doink did his whoopee cushion finisher was pretty bad too

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
My least favorite spot of all time is the "Scott Hall has a guy in the abdominal stretch and grabs Kevin Nash's hand because he needs help standing up" spot

I know that theoretically he's increasing the leverage on the hold, but it has never not looked like "Jeez chico I'm gonna need some help staying on my feet mang"

Shout out to the "Nash then grabs the hand of a third guy just off the apron" version, which is even dumber

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

Delsaber posted:

DX comeback runs, one of which probably led to the above.

I loved fat HHH as a middle-aged teenager trying to sell himself as the sexiest rebel of all time

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

DynamiteKidd posted:

My least favorite spot of all time is the "Scott Hall has a guy in the abdominal stretch and grabs Kevin Nash's hand because he needs help standing up" spot

I know that theoretically he's increasing the leverage on the hold, but it has never not looked like "Jeez chico I'm gonna need some help staying on my feet mang"

Shout out to the "Nash then grabs the hand of a third guy just off the apron" version, which is even dumber

The nWo forms a chain all the way to the back.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

oatgan posted:

"Did I do a good enough job for ya Russo" was after a loss to La Parka where Buff made him look like rear end and refused to sell and was followed by this:

I believe after this he was laid out by Creative Control

Why didn't Buff just have his mother call in to complain?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Delsaber posted:

Actually, DX in general.

The DX thing that makes me roll my eyes the most is the whole Mizark Henry bit where X-Pac wore blackface to make fun of Mark. And like, hey, whatever, it was a different time. I can accept that.

But then WWE chose to double-down on it with the DX episode of the Monday Night Wars, where they singled that moment out as being so drat funny and made sure to have Mark Henry talk about how hilarous it was in order to say, "No, it's totally cool! See?"

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Kevin Nash beating the New Blood, he didn't even cover them for the pin!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HY_intJPQ4

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

Gavok posted:

The DX thing that makes me roll my eyes the most is the whole Mizark Henry bit where X-Pac wore blackface to make fun of Mark. And like, hey, whatever, it was a different time. I can accept that.

But then WWE chose to double-down on it with the DX episode of the Monday Night Wars, where they singled that moment out as being so drat funny and made sure to have Mark Henry talk about how hilarous it was in order to say, "No, it's totally cool! See?"

Personally I'm all about the time DX rode an armed jeep around Atlanta and farcically declared war on WCW, and every time this was ever mentioned since the story became "Triple H drove an armored fighting vehicle, a tank with a rotating turret, into Eric Bischoff's offices and was so sexy he won the Monday Night Wars then and there"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo
DX driving up to the WCW arena was awesome actually, and it was in Norfolk when the WWF show was within driving distance the same night

• Locked thread