Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Every time the WWE uses Hornswoggle to get out of a major storyline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

DynamiteKidd posted:

Personally I'm all about the time DX rode an armed jeep around Atlanta and farcically declared war on WCW, and every time this was ever mentioned since the story became "Triple H drove an armored fighting vehicle, a tank with a rotating turret, into Eric Bischoff's offices and was so sexy he won the Monday Night Wars then and there"

That wasn't the end of it. The Attitude Era Podcast guys covered it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG5e3J1wnd0

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Buff's mom calling JR to tell him Buff was sick and couldn't make it to the weekend house show.

Pondo.

Indy wrestlers and weekend warriors who fluctuate between being themselves and being in character on social media. And say 'brother' five times a sentence. If you cut promos on a Facebook comment you look like a pud.

50/50 booking in WWE.

Anytime someone on any message board can't believe Dixie Carter did something dumb because "REMEMBER FOLKS SHE USED TO RUN A PR COMPANY." Hey dildos, when your dad rents an office in Nashville and puts you in charge and you don't even have any country music clients(again, in Nashville,) you don't "run a PR company". Buying an abandoned school and sitting in the big office doesn't make you the loving principal.

But probably the stupidest is how people in the business take being "in the business" super seriously and if you don't pay your dues and shake everyone's hand and then pay your dues five more times then you're poo poo forever and you have no respect for anything while simultaneously always trying to bring in bodybuilders, fitness models, and other people who just started wanting to be a wrestler 3 months ago and trying to turn them into a wrestler and toss them in a locker room where the previously stated mentality is already against them.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

well I'm glad you got that out of your system

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I thought it was pretty dumb when Luke Harper won the IC belt, and lost like 10 matches before dropping the belt. I don't remember an actual match he won as champion.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MrSmokes posted:

I thought it was pretty dumb when Luke Harper won the IC belt, and lost like 10 matches before dropping the belt. I don't remember an actual match he won as champion.

He actually didn't win a televised match in his month-long reign.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
The IC title has been the jobberweight championship for a while, guys, BNB basically never won a match during his reigns either.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
Trump vs. Rosie which was so bad the fans started chanting TNA. Vince booked the segment to entertain himself and himself only. It was Vince at his most selfish. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall while Vince was convincing Ace Steel to take the part.

Edit: correcting grammar

Stokes fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jul 4, 2015

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
I remember a "worst wrestler ever" thread (not here I don't think) and someone said "the fake Donald Trump from that one match" because they thought it was some loser who never worked before.

I'm just saying Ace Steel probably deserved a lot better

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Legitimately the dumbest thing I have ever seen is Stacy Kiebler having a worked miscarriage in a kiddy pool during a wrestling match.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

David Flair and Dusty Rhodes feuding over a replica of the NWA World Heavyweight Championship that Dusty Rhodes didn't think David deserved to carry. This culminated in a ladder match between Dusty and Brian Lawler

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Delsaber posted:

Triple H and Candice Michelle (?) getting blown under a table at a BBQ or whatever the hell that was.

DX comeback runs, one of which probably led to the above.

Actually, DX in general.
HHH trying to prove that DX was more influential than the NWO on Stone Cold's Podcast was also pretty dumb

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

There's an alternate universe where WCW looks back at Goldberg calling out Austin on the Tonight Show as the moment that won them the Monday Night War.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Charlotte getting pinned clean on her Raw debut in a nothing match which was being put on to promote her NXT Women's title defense in 3 days.

The lack of payoff to the Miz/Mizdow feud.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Delsaber posted:

Triple H and Candice Michelle (?) getting blown under a table at a BBQ or whatever the hell that was.

I remember their acting being so bad, I was baffled as to what they were going for.

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators
It's not quite at dumbest level yet, but Ziggler and Lana are treading dangerously close to that line these days.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
WCW TNA modern WWE all of it

Some of it is dumb fun and some of it is just dumb. It's the way of things.

Dumb.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I just remembered two terrible angles involving Torrie Wilson.

1) Her feud with Dawn Marie, who literally sexed Torrie's father to death after dating him for an agonizing several weeks/months and then marrying him so she was Torrie's stepmom.

2) The double-feud of Nidia/Torrie and Billy Gunn/Jamie Noble, which somehow ended in a foursome orgy. It literally ended with all four in a bed together.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

sticklefifer posted:

I just remembered two terrible angles involving Torrie Wilson.

1) Her feud with Dawn Marie, who literally sexed Torrie's father to death after dating him for an agonizing several weeks/months and then marrying him so she was Torrie's stepmom.

2) The double-feud of Nidia/Torrie and Billy Gunn/Jamie Noble, which somehow ended in a foursome orgy. It literally ended with all four in a bed together.

And yet I believe it was left to our imagination just how deeply Billy's love of asses runs

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

DynamiteKidd posted:

And yet I believe it was left to our imagination just how deeply Billy's love of asses runs

He likes to pick them, and also to stick them

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Monkeycheese posted:

DX driving up to the WCW arena was awesome actually

WHAT? When did this happen? I don't think I've ever seen the WWE make a single reference of this?

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

CoolCat posted:

WHAT? When did this happen? I don't think I've ever seen the WWE make a single reference of this?

Really? It's one of the things that always comes up when they talk about the best of DX. The better part I think was when they wen't to WCW HQ.

X Pac: Were here.
Everyone else: Wait? This is it? :confused:

At the last NEW show the sign guy made a Matt Taven sign that has to been seen to be believed. I can't seem to find it.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFqrppW9N0c

wait this thread is for stupid stuff, not amazing things

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

BigRed0427 posted:

Really? It's one of the things that always comes up when they talk about the best of DX. The better part I think was when they wen't to WCW HQ.

X Pac: Were here.
Everyone else: Wait? This is it? :confused:

I was joking matey :-)

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello
This which unsurprisingly TNA Never Followed Up On™
https://youtu.be/CezaWMN7bL0?t=9m16s

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Purple Monkey posted:

"That's Paul Bearer!"
"FORMERLY KNOWN AS PAUL BEARER WHAT'S HE DOING HERE!?"

:allears:

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Triple H spending months telling Booker T that he can't be the champion because black people are not as good as white people, and then beating Booker at Wrestlemania after hitting the pedigree and taking forever to make the cover, because if black people were good enough to be champions then they'd be able to kick out of finishers after 30 seconds of rest.

That DICK! posted:

WCW Champion David Arquette ruled and I can tell you why: Despite not seeing the clip once in like 16 years or whatever now since it first aired the sound and image of Arquette gleefully squealing "Shyaaaaaat aaaaaaaaaaaaap" at the crowd is still seared into my brain. Someone please find that clip

https://youtu.be/tl87W1BOYQY?t=5m26s

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

god drat that's incredible

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

DynamiteKidd posted:

Nobody on the planet knows asses better than Billy Gunn.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I watched that match with the ninja turtles and a dolphin that was an hour long and it was pretty much a fever dream. gently caress if I know what it actually was. Or who won it. Or why.

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

DJExile posted:

god drat that's incredible

Completely agree! Why do I not remember this???

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
WWE keeping The Great Khali around for as long as they loving did and putting the World title on him at one point.

Yes, I'm aware "but he draws in India" as the excuse but those matches and segments of his cannot have been worth it.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Nothing...NOTHING...beats WCW as far as "dumbest things in wresting" is concerned.

TNA is pretty drat close but WCW management was on a level I still haven't seen topped yet.

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?

Purple Monkey posted:

Not enough things in wrestling ended with Paul Bearer standing at the entrance just smiling and nodding.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

fart blood posted:

Nothing...NOTHING...beats WCW as far as "dumbest things in wresting" is concerned.

TNA is pretty drat close but WCW management was on a level I still haven't seen topped yet.

inb4 thread degenerates into "I KID YOU NOT, [WCW or TNA] REALLY DID THIS" circlejerking, featuring stories you've heard 800 times before

JGKing
Dec 26, 2012

What has happened to this company?!
The WrestleMania 9 shambles where, instead of Bret retaining his title and leading the company into a new era, he loses it to Yokozuna...who immediately challenges Hulk Hogan to a title match for no reason and THE HULKSTER WINS IN ABOUT 5 SECONDS YAAAAY.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
A car was introduced at the start of Raw... and then was not destroyed or damaged in any way!

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

JGKing posted:

The WrestleMania 9 shambles where, instead of Bret retaining his title and leading the company into a new era, he loses it to Yokozuna...who immediately challenges Hulk Hogan to a title match for no reason and THE HULKSTER WINS IN ABOUT 5 SECONDS YAAAAY.

Then Hulk refuses to lose it to Bret or appear live with it, then loses it back to Yokozuna at the next ppv.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

In the final days of the Bikertaker, he won a match that got him the right to any kind of match he wanted. Rather than go with the title match as McMahon figured, Undertaker instead chose a Buried Alive match against Vince. All in all it made sense and gave us a nice Vince beating before Kane showed up, attacked Undertaker and ultimately killed off the biker gimmick. On its own, not the worst angle.

EXCEPT in the lead-up, Vince cut one of the most ridiculous, over-the-line promos. To show how freaked out he was over this match, he had Paul Heyman brought in an went on this huge rant about all these things he wanted done to the Undertaker. Things I recall include:

- Have his children kidnapped.
- Have terrorists blow up his home.
- Having a gang of bikers rape his wife while Undertaker's forced to watch.

Thankfully, Heyman was able to actually save the segment just a bit by cutting a promo that was essentially, "The gently caress is wrong with you?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

JGKing posted:

I'm a big anti-fan of Hogan's tag match on that card, the one where he does all the Hogan heel spots like back rakes and biting in the corner, attacks DiBiase and IRS with an illegal foreign object, assaults the ref, attempts to then win the match illegitimately by having his own manager (wearing ref stripes) count a pin, and steals like $300k from Money, Inc

Like, jesus, is it me or is this some of the most blatant heeling you could possibly imagine

• Locked thread