Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Guys, it's not really that crazy, the manga's finished and they've got ~12 episodes to wrap stuff up. It would be weird if stuff wasn't happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
It is! It is that crazy!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Pfft, things aren't even moving that fast. Now if Popura got a growth spurt, that's when i'd begin to freak out.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Is it just me, or is this line translated exactly wrong? He says お母さんは大変で今それどころではない, which sounds to me a lot more like "she's got bigger problems to worry about" (which explains Yamada's reaction better I think).

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

Requesting gif of Souma sliding around as he tries to keep an eye on two salacious workplace relationships.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ty

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
This show is going places. I never thought this show would go places :psyduck:

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
I can't wait to see the dramatic ending of Maya's arc.

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I'm having a bit too much fun making these, so I'm just gonna dump 'em here..

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

krnhotwings posted:

I'm having a bit too much fun making these, so I'm just gonna dump 'em here..

Graceful like a swan. :)

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

z0glin Warchief posted:

Is it just me, or is this line translated exactly wrong? He says お母さんは大変で今それどころではない, which sounds to me a lot more like "she's got bigger problems to worry about" (which explains Yamada's reaction better I think).

No, you're right.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

z0glin Warchief posted:

Yeah, someone was snoozing on the job. It's definitely not a good line to flub, either, since it gives crucial insight into Yamada's family situation.

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Snail on my head ready to go.
This was my favorite episode so far.

Peek Wagnaria.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

I'm confused by these strange globes under Yachiyo's eyelids.

Also, Maya has a line in Episode 3. What is happening to my Working!!?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
From what I remember of how the manga's arcs were set up they are jumping back and forth quite a lot and obviously cutting some bits here/there. I think that was the case with even the second season as well. Yet it's been essentially a positive as the show as-is flows really snappily and I can't imagine reading it instead of watching it. Really looking forward to how this wraps up.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Angry Grimace posted:

I'm confused by these strange globes under Yachiyo's eyelids.

If you're talking about her ears they're trying to do a camera looking up shot.

If you're talking about seeing her eyes I'm pretty sure we've seen them a couple of times before- maybe not though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Just finished S1. I like basically the entire cast, but the stuff I care about least is Inami and Takanashi romance, which is what the last like 3 episodes have been...I'll probably save S2 for later this week, still gonna watch it all though. Also looking forward to moving past this assy CR quality from S1, whatever was going on with that.

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

In Training posted:

Just finished S1. I like basically the entire cast, but the stuff I care about least is Inami and Takanashi romance, which is what the last like 3 episodes have been...I'll probably save S2 for later this week, still gonna watch it all though. Also looking forward to moving past this assy CR quality from S1, whatever was going on with that.

It's a jarring jump from S1 to S2. The characters and backgrounds become slightly more vivid colorwise.
There's some more scenes with Takanashi's sisters and you'll meet Kyoko's underlings.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kyoko's...underlings? Intriguing. Was the reverse SZS Normal Girl in anything before the S1 finale? That was odd.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

She was in the background a lot being normal. So you didn't notice her.

maybeflan
May 15, 2014
E: ^^^^Yeah, you might've missed her since she's a background character every so often.

In Training posted:

Kyoko's...underlings? Intriguing. Was the reverse SZS Normal Girl in anything before the S1 finale? That was odd.

Maya having any other lines? Lol nope.
I was weirded out too and saw what her "thing" was after finishing S2. Call it a running gag I guess?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol that's awesome, I'll have to keep an eye out.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

quote:

From what I remember of how the manga's arcs were set up they are jumping back and forth quite a lot and obviously cutting some bits here/there. I think that was the case with even the second season as well. Yet it's been essentially a positive as the show as-is flows really snappily and I can't imagine reading it instead of watching it. Really looking forward to how this wraps up.

Yeah, the one time I went to look up scans for the manga I was kinda shocked at how much better the show is in almost all respects. Like it's a decent manga and all, but the anime has been an impressive piece of work from season one that really went an extra mile to sell the source material and organize the 4komas in a way that really flows well and feels natural.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i love inami

it was really bad when the first ep of this season had very obvious 4koma jokes and im really glad they dropped it after the reintroduction

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
S2 felt like a bit of a step back since it really only introduced characters and didn't do much beyond that in terms of story compared to S1

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
S2 was magical and polished the formula of S1 to perfection.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

S2 was funnier though, which was the most important thing.

The worst part about S2 compared to S1 is that Takanashi is a huge rear end in a top hat to Inami in the early episodes, and he doesn't even get punched for it.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

madmac posted:

Yeah, the one time I went to look up scans for the manga I was kinda shocked at how much better the show is in almost all respects. Like it's a decent manga and all, but the anime has been an impressive piece of work from season one that really went an extra mile to sell the source material and organize the 4komas in a way that really flows well and feels natural.
I read a few chapters of it and just could not get it into it at all. It was so stiff and the translation didn't help matters. I was as surprised as anyone that a third season got announced and so far it's been pretty good, first episode excluded.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I watched the first episode. This is not usually my kind of thing but I liked it. The main character is creepy and a dumbass.

Dangerous Person fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Aug 12, 2015

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I didn't know it was based off of a 4koma, you could never tell from the show.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Xelkelvos posted:

S2 felt like a bit of a step back since it really only introduced characters and didn't do much beyond that in terms of story compared to S1

S2 is very status quo but it vastly improves on the jokes compared to S1.

Outer Science
Dec 21, 2008

Daisangen

Davincie posted:

i love inami

:agreed:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I've felt that 4koma adaptations usually do a decent job of masking that they are in fact 4komas. Love Lab for example I was really surprised to learn was one. Comparatively Kiniro Mosaic it felt really obvious for some reason, and I think it was lesser for it. That sort of setup-setup-setup-punchline doesn't really work as-is in animated form.

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nate RFB posted:

I've felt that 4koma adaptations usually do a decent job of masking that they are in fact 4komas. Love Lab for example I was really surprised to learn was one. Comparatively Kiniro Mosaic it felt really obvious for some reason, and I think it was lesser for it. That sort of setup-setup-setup-punchline doesn't really work as-is in animated form.

k-ons a 4koma now how about that fucka

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Exactly! They did a good job of adjusting the pacing and/or moving stuff around in such a way that K-ON flows just fine as an anime episode, and doesn't feel like an endless stream of little short joke scenes.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I was not prepared for this episode.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Yamada...

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
All my plot points...

:negative:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

arisu posted:

All my plot points...

:negative:
Yamada crushes your pathetic plot. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
And yet she still refers to herself as Yamada.

• Locked thread