Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I really dislike that gently caress. He wasn't funny when his videos were actual straight forward reviews and he's even worse now that he makes every review a mini-movie. His gun joke promotes domestic abuse and I heard he was dating a really gross looking woman.

Bernie Sanders '16

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

hmm you raise some interesting points

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Makes you think

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
you know who I hate? Roger Ebert, that fat gently caress

greg sexyvibes
May 7, 2007
IF I EVER FIRST POST AGAIN SOMETHING BAD WILL HAPPEN TO ME
Helloooo I'm the nostalgia critic. I make movie reviews so you don't have to. If you don't like my reviews, don't watch them. Like, look away!

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Inevitable posted:

Roger Ebert wasn't an unfunny dumbass

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

anyone who focuses on nostalgia is trash yw

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Inevitable posted:

i wish he was dead

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I feel like this would have been a more hot button topic but it seems like we are in agreement

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

facebook jihad posted:

Roger Ebert wasn't an unfunny dumbass

but. he was :twisted:

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Blue Train posted:

anyone who focuses on nostalgia is trash yw

nostalgia is a trash emotion in general and is for teh weak of mind imo

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
nostalgia is bad. is the nostalgia critic someone who criticizes nostalgia?

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
he is no man nor is he a critic. he's a puppet of the zionist illuminati

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

quakster posted:

he is no man nor is he a critic. he's a puppet of the zionist illuminati

that is true of most people, though.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I like when he complains about a joke not being funny yet most of his reviews spend more time on unfunny filler skits than actually reviewing the movie.

Serious Frolicking posted:

nostalgia is bad. is the nostalgia critic someone who criticizes nostalgia?

He's worse than the nostalgia he criticizes.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Is this the same guy who made a super lame and cringeworthy video of him quitting his main job while showing off his skinny fat belly?

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Inevitable posted:

He only weighs thirty or so pounds now he seriously lost a lot of weight

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Unguided posted:

I like when he complains about a joke not being funny yet most of his reviews spend more time on unfunny filler skits than actually reviewing the movie.

He's worse than the nostalgia he criticizes.

he actually ran out of nostalgia, now he just reviews anything
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6umfTLuCI8

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

ThePriceIsRight posted:

nostalgia is a trash emotion in general and is for teh weak of mind imo

Nostalgia is an emotion that generally goes hand in hand with depression so it's best to avoid such things

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax
the cinema snob is cool

real_slime
Apr 21, 2015

by Lowtax
its important to make fun of internet people for not having a steady flow of 10/10 people who they have sex with

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

a retard posted:

the cinema snob is cool

Did he eventually do videos with loving lightning on his face ? I know he went for the crummy home video look but it gets old.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

facebook jihad posted:

Nostalgia is an emotion that generally goes hand in hand with depression so it's best to avoid such things

Depression is another emotional state for the weak of mind I've always been able to force myself to be happy because if you can't do that at the very least how wil lyou force yourself to understand the stock market and make big bucks trading penny stocks amongst other things you could force yourself to be rich doing.

edit: and just so you know I'm literally typing this from a $3000 chair and it's not even ergonomic. That's what I pay my chiropractors for

ghosTTy fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jul 3, 2015

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

ThePriceIsRight posted:

Depression is another emotional state for the weak of mind I've always been able to force myself to be happy because if you can't do that at the very least how wil lyou force yourself to understand the stock market and make big bucks trading penny stocks amongst other things you could force yourself to be rich doing.

edit: and just so you know I'm literally typing this from a $3000 chair and it's not even ergonomic. That's what I pay my chiropractors for

Pro usernmae post combo here

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Olive Mohel
Nov 8, 2006

Life is more than a series of ones and zeroes.
He's pretty bad, OP, but Linkara is still king of terrible Internet Video Reviewers, which I only mention because I like to take any excuse to post this.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
This trash.... it's garbage! -- the op

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
definitely agreed on nostalgia critic being trash

god bless

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Remember that time Slowbeef got all petty and bitter towards the Nostalgia Critic because he was making money off of his videos and Slowbeef couldn't?

That was great.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Did The Dude in the Suede go back to reviewing anime and recommending Anime Music Videos, known as AMVs, which stands for Anime Music Videos, after he got back from being a Mormon or did he stay a mormon forever after they let him come home?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Angry video game nerd is so much worse, at least nostalgia critic never tried to make a lovely movie of his lovely web thing.

For the avoidance of doubt, both are loving terrible.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I hate linkara and his face, voice and loving children comic books, respectively

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

unpacked robinhood posted:

loving children comic books

Wait, is there some internet critic out there that reviews hentai in the same manner as the Nostalgia Critic?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
You know who I hate? TotalBiscuit. Is the Nostalgia Critic like TotalBiscuit? Because then I hate him too.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

You know who I hate? TotalBiscuit. Is the Nostalgia Critic like TotalBiscuit? Because then I hate him too.

NC is basically an MRA meganerd version of Pewdiepie with an annoying as gently caress accent and he does reviews of Care Bear movies and does skits with anime convention nerds or some poo poo. It's like a total across the board worst thing on the internet.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Your life will be better if you don't get your ire up over the bottom feeder YT careerists.

Zen Punk
Dec 26, 2005

interfaced

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Angry video game nerd is so much worse, at least nostalgia critic never tried to make a lovely movie of his lovely web thing.

For the avoidance of doubt, both are loving terrible.

Actually, he did. I haven't seen either of them but I'll bet Nostalgia Critic's was worse. There's a thread somewhere with some stories about how slapdash the production was.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

notZaar posted:

Your life will be better if you don't get your ire up over the bottom feeder YT careerists.

I get my ire up over the elite YouTube careerists like the guy who just yells rape and the idiot nerd and his handsome buddy who eat dog food or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
the nostalgia critic verses the angry video game nerd

• Locked thread