Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
Hi BFC!

I got a great job offer in another state and turned in my notice exactly two weeks ago. I was let go earlier this week over what boils down to "drama" - I dared to call in late - and because I'm not the first person to flee after certain things became apparent to the employees, management is getting nice and pissy.

The pissiness then delved into contesting my hours for the final days of this week with the contractor who pays me, and has concluded with not approving my timesheet at all by the time stipulated this week to be approved for a deposit next week, due to the holiday, bla bla bla.

Assuming my paycheck is merely late, and less hours than I worked - what is my recourse? How hard is it to contest it? Can I depend on phone logs wherein I texted someone from work to prove I actually did meet with them and do what I claimed I did? Are Lync (Microsoft's inter-office IM, basically) logs admissible?

If my paycheck doesn't come at all, is this any easier to force? I'm going pretty far from where I am now over the weekend - Florida to Texas - but want to know what my chances are.

Since it's a two day paycheck I'm looking at only a few hundred, so if it would cost more and I can't sue for fees, I'll have to decide how vindictive I feel like being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer

Space Whale posted:

Hi BFC!

I got a great job offer in another state and turned in my notice exactly two weeks ago. I was let go earlier this week over what boils down to "drama" - I dared to call in late - and because I'm not the first person to flee after certain things became apparent to the employees, management is getting nice and pissy.

The pissiness then delved into contesting my hours for the final days of this week with the contractor who pays me, and has concluded with not approving my timesheet at all by the time stipulated this week to be approved for a deposit next week, due to the holiday, bla bla bla.

Assuming my paycheck is merely late, and less hours than I worked - what is my recourse? How hard is it to contest it? Can I depend on phone logs wherein I texted someone from work to prove I actually did meet with them and do what I claimed I did? Are Lync (Microsoft's inter-office IM, basically) logs admissible?

If my paycheck doesn't come at all, is this any easier to force? I'm going pretty far from where I am now over the weekend - Florida to Texas - but want to know what my chances are.

Since it's a two day paycheck I'm looking at only a few hundred, so if it would cost more and I can't sue for fees, I'll have to decide how vindictive I feel like being.
You should contact the Department of Labor for whatever state the business you have a dispute with is in.

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014

Thanatosian posted:

You should contact the Department of Labor for whatever state the business you have a dispute with is in.

Simple enough, thanks!

• Locked thread