Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

StarkRavingMad posted:

I really hope he showed up, slapped the recipient in the face as hard as possible, handed them the game, and left wordlessly.
That's pretty much what playing the game itself is like. A confusing and painful excursion with Kenji Eno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Speedball posted:

This could be really interesting or really, really horrible. Hmm.

I'm a sucker for intriguing introductions and "waking up on a space ship with an invisible alien killer" isn't a bad one, but there's so many ways for this to wind up horrible.
From having played it, it does have some questionable parts near the end.

discworld is all I read fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jul 8, 2015

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

Are you using the saturn or pc port of ths game?
I'm pretty sure he said (and showed) that he was using the PC version of the game.

ares5566 posted:

Out of curiosity, any reason you skipped this game when doing the D/D2 lp?
I thought he was waiting to get a copy of the game before he LP"ed it. It just took a while I guess.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Night10194 posted:

Wait, Swery made Extermination?
He was a writer/planner on the game; sadly the game is a fairly bog standard horror game in the early days of the PS2. The one interesting mechanic behind it was the multi-purpose weapon the character has.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

7c Nickel posted:

Visually, Kimberly is straddling the border between an honest attempt at creating a unique looking human and gross racial caricature.
Well considering Japan's views on foreign cultures and the fact that Kim is always forced into a romantic relationship with the sole other black character....I'm going to go with racism.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

I'm pretty sure the alien being invisible was intentional because it's a unique and frightening idea, also Kenji Eno seemed to enjoy playing around with games that focused on other senses than just sight (such as in Real Sound). The problem is that while the ideas seemed interesting, the actual implementation left something to be desired, at least for me.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Well I think there is another enemy coming up in the final tower and I guess if you squint super hard it might be that?

Blenheim posted:

I believe it was Niggurath in his LP who mentioned that the spaceship is probably designed to look like a human heart. I would say that the "E0" logo is kinda-sorta-if you really squint modeled to resemble a human heart shape as well (ovoid shape with rectangles/tubes sticking out of one corner).
And I'm trying to remember if I did mention that or someone else did, but it seems that there's probably supposed to be more symbolism in the shape and naming conventions for the ship (like I think 'Aki' can mean hope, and maybe the parts of the ship being named after seasons is supposed to show some cycle of life along with the ship being in the same of a heart, which could also be in reference to Aki being soul?). I don't recall though if this ever has any real implications into the story? Maybe since Laura's entire life is supposedly centered around the ship (especially since the game seems to imply that once they return to Earth, she'll probably just be shut down).

If anything I just enjoy that Laura never noticed the massive alien sausage in her neck:

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Yeah, bob is a goon and a nice guy to boot. I think he's also written a few front page articles for SA as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

This game is still terrible and Kenji Eno was bad at making games.

• Locked thread