Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Well that looks like a thoroughly okay platformer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I don't actually remember much about D2. All I remember is SHADOW THE FINAL DESTROYER, terrible poetry, a drug named Linda, plant monsters, something about winged people and a wooly mammoth, and hating Kimberly.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
My favorite bad localization is the bit in Illusion of Gaia where the cast refers to something that is supposed to be the biblical Leviathan as "Riverson"

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

StarkRavingMad posted:

You managed to block out that horrible horrible child whose name I can't remember. Kimberly is terrible too, but that kid, ugh.

Yep, absolutely no memory of that. This is a good thing, apparently.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I think there was a piano player whose mother grew chicken legs, though.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Iiiiiii should probably rope a friend into marathoning the D and D2 LPs with me, because I should probably have this fresh in my mind.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Do the aliens distort the steam if they walk through it? That's the only reason I could see for the steam being there.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Laura getting pissed at the locker is the most emotion I've seen her express in three games.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I'm just gonna assume this is like Alien in more ways than one, and Laura is an android and nobody mentions it because it's a known fact.

David is just a creep fuckin' a robot.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Accordion Man posted:

Canaries aren't even blue.

I think maybe the translation is just poo poo and she used a perfectly acceptable Japanese idiom that the translators messed up.

Also I didn't notice that the computer in this space ship was clearly made by beloved videogame character, Vexx.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
This game has a problem where it will do moments that are supposed to be emotionally resonant, but are ill-timed or compressed enough that it doesn't work, like with David and Laura's make out, or Kimberly's speech about the bird.

Kojima games would do this too, mind you. Remember when Otacon suddenly decided to come clean about his sexual abuse as a child at the worst possible time?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I'm just gonna assume this is like Alien in more ways than one, and Laura is an android and nobody mentions it because it's a known fact.

David is just a creep fuckin' a robot.

Well I was almost right

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I love that bio-weapons come up so often in games, because I don't think anyone anywhere has ever had such a scheme.

Like, did the Dutch colonists that discovered Komodo Dragons decide to attempt to train them and use them in warfare? Because apparently that's all space corporations think about.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Oh man the Warp Staff video :allears:

Keep on dreaming Warp! Sorry about the endless development cycle for Last Guardian in your future, Fumito!

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
So what was the Aspect of Amusement?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Incidentally, the ending of this game is super-similar to the ending of Metroid Fusion.

• Locked thread