Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Always good to see Best Digital Actress Laura again. Oh...and Kimberly is here too. Great.

That save system is certainly the Kenji Eno middle fingers to the player taken to the extreme. Especially since you have to burn batteries to hear the stunning depth of emotion and narrative vision conveyed by Laura's voice actress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Hartseeker posted:

I know everyone probably remembers the Michael Nyman kidnapping"convincing" story from the D2 thread, but the other main anecedote about this game that I remember was the $3000-ish collectors edition delivered in person by Eno. (Complete with unwashed TGS Booth Babe outfits because japan.) Man, could you imagine pre-ordering a CE and having Kojima, Avellone, Carmak, or whoever show up for a personal visit? :allears: Talk about dedication to your trade and your fans.

On a personal note, I have an old copy of Sonic R for the PC that I got a few years back. Inside the CD slipcase is an ad for some other PC ports of Saturn games, including Enemy Zero.

I really hope he showed up, slapped the recipient in the face as hard as possible, handed them the game, and left wordlessly.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

The Vosgian Beast posted:

hating Kimberly.

You managed to block out that horrible horrible child whose name I can't remember. Kimberly is terrible too, but that kid, ugh.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Ah, blessed network error 27, keeping us from having to talk to Kimberly.

Maybe Laura can make a nice necklace with the souvenir she took from Mercus.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

supergreatfriend posted:

Interlude: Oyaji Hunter Mahjong - Youtube | Download

This is amazing. And I now know more about Mahjong than I ever did before. Still very little, but more than ever before.

I do love the concept of calling Uno by aggressively throwing your Popsicle stick down on the table.

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jul 22, 2015

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

PublicOpinion posted:

This kind of audio novel game seems like a decent fit for mobile devices. Apparently there's a few people making that kind of thing, but none seem very big.

There's a couple of games called Papa Sangre and Papa Sangre II on mobile that are all audio. And they aren't just audio novels, but actually use directional audio to have you play the game by controlling towards or away from certain things, running from enemies, etc. Its a neat concept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
You know Laura, I understand times are hard without the captain around to give you sage advice, but maybe you should consider removing the hideous alien fetus from your throat and shoulder BEFORE you go home to earth?

• Locked thread