Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Portland winning that is big for them. Looking like a playoff year for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
we should just sub on Jewsbury if we're looking for a goal I guess

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
I am addicted to video games.
Hoo boy, just got back from the PDX/SJ game. Watching some of the crucial moments on replay, I'm glad the announcers were as baffled as everyone else was by the offside call on Valeri in that like EVERYONE was expecting the flag to go up immediately, including Valeri LOOKING DIRECTLY AT THE LINESMAN and then continuing after seeing the flag remain down.

The Fernandez one, I don't think anyone saw the offside flag go up, but on the replay it was close but the right call. I don't know why it was so hard to figure out that it was an offiside call at the time - I saw Porter mouthing "What was the call?" like a minute after play resumed. It seems like Fernandez has taken it up a notch lately, I'm glad his sweet nutmeg led to the goal, even if it was probably a dive.

Also the Jewsbury goal was hilarious. Of all the shots to find the net, it's the no-look volley from Jewsbury. Also Nagbe's shoulder is hosed up. He was player of the match in the first half but noticeably his arm took him down a notch. I haven't found any news about it but it looks like my arm does when it gets popped out of socket. He injured it a few games ago and it looks like it's recurring. Ugh. Hope he's okay and doesn't need surgery.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Crazy Ted posted:

The same AR was so busy with his flag up his rear end on Valeri's offside that the ref had to make the call for him too.

This didn't happen. Salazar would never know if Valeri was in an offside position or not. They were talking on the headsets since Mariscal needed to know if there had been a deliberate play on the ball by the SJ player that was challenging the Timbers player before the ball found it's way through to Valeri. The tell on this is that Mariscal is halfheartedly sidestepping down with play. If he had decided "Valeri is onside", he would have been sprinting down the line because he would need to be in position. IMO he probably should have been sprinting either way because if there was a deliberate play then Valeri would have been on and now the AR is 15-20 yards behind play. That said, trying to focus on a conversation on a headset while focusing on play while sprinting is not particularly the easiest thing to do.

E: If you want a terrible decision from an MLS AR over the last week, Dynamo v Fire, Bigelow raised his flag for offside (and Bazakos gave it) directly from a corner at the end of the game. Was probably thinking too much about the Play of the Week from the week before and just flat out got that wrong.

chaoslord fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Jul 6, 2015

The Light Eternal
Jun 12, 2006

A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.
Felisha is definitely the superior Mariscal.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
poor Quakes, should've scored on that indirect free kick

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Life's rough without Wondo

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Mil Amarilla

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Bingham makes $1 per save, still earns paycheck for the evening

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Overcast coolish evening here at Toyota Park for the Fire sounders game. For some strange reason there a lot of sounders fans at the game tonight.

Was there a special deal on a Seattle Chicago flight? Toyota park is down the road from Midway airport which is the local neighborhood airport that's right in the middle of the Southside neighborhoods unlike like O'Hare which has it own city enclave within the northern suburb.

Unless the sounders are becoming go to bandwagon team of the MLS which is sad because that would mean a good 80-90 percent of sounders fan are bandwagoner on bandwagoner which make me almost sad for the original usl fans, almost sad.

Anyway the Fire will most likely get killed even with the main players on Seattle and play poo poo once again. But at least time it will be in the rain as the forecasts calls for rain so maybe it will entertaining to watch.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
I see Patrick Doody will be starting for the Fire, another really silly name added to their list of silly names.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

Overcast coolish evening here at Toyota Park for the Fire sounders game. For some strange reason there a lot of sounders fans at the game tonight.

Was there a special deal on a Seattle Chicago flight? Toyota park is down the road from Midway airport which is the local neighborhood airport that's right in the middle of the Southside neighborhoods unlike like O'Hare which has it own city enclave within the northern suburb.

Unless the sounders are becoming go to bandwagon team of the MLS which is sad because that would mean a good 80-90 percent of sounders fan are bandwagoner on bandwagoner which make me almost sad for the original usl fans, almost sad.

Anyway the Fire will most likely get killed even with the main players on Seattle and play poo poo once again. But at least time it will be in the rain as the forecasts calls for rain so maybe it will entertaining to watch.

ECS has a travel crew which works on getting good deals for flights and away tix. It's nice.

Also I mean really, we can put approx 40K in the stands for matches once the weather warms up, up to 65K for big matches. Most MLS teams feel pretty good if they can get 25-50 road travellers. We're still in a pretty nice phase of 'have made the playoffs every year since we started MLS which wasn't that long ago'.

ANyone else remember when Chicago invited Portland fans to go fill their away allocation to cheer against Seattle in Seattle? Good times.

Was Taters fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jul 12, 2015

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

Was Taters posted:

We're still in a pretty nice phase of 'have made the playoffs every year since we started MLS which wasn't that long ago'.

The Fire used to be like that, those were good time back then. Now they at poo poo and can't even get to the play in round anymore.

Giovanni_Sinclair fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jul 12, 2015

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
Pablo is playing a consistent lineup!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Holy poo poo, Sigi playing something that's *not* a 4-4-2!

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
Hi guys just checking in to say that the Union are winning 3-0 and I don't know how to deal with it

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Was Taters posted:

ANyone else remember when Chicago invited Portland fans to go fill their away allocation to cheer against Seattle in Seattle? Good times.

In 2010 before we were in MLS?

Regardless, Seattle travels well. It's all that Amazon money.

Please note this post is explicitly ignoring the current shitshow in Chivas, PA.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Yay, Perkins didn't gently caress that up!

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
I think Lamar Neagle sucks because he has been secretly replaced by The Weeknd

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
great game tonight nice to see after the fourth

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Dalmuti posted:

I think Lamar Neagle sucks because he has been secretly replaced by The Weeknd

Nah, he's really just OK. This is a dire game.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

drat, really wanted to see CR7 get his first goal.

Also, Chicago, how are you not up 2-0 already?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

No stoppage time? And Chad Barrett trying to start the post-game scrum a half early?

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

whypick1 posted:

drat, really wanted to see CR7 get his first goal.

Also, Chicago, how are you not up 2-0 already?

TwoBadTeams.jpg

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I'm really glad Doody's first name isn't Richard, because I don't think I can handle 90' of Dick Doody.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Toyota Park is a place where nothing ever happens.

foobardog fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jul 12, 2015

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I saw a thing happen.

"Doody breezes it by everyone"

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

"Doody on the dribble"

I'm going to need a GIF of Chapman showing Kocis his yellow

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jul 12, 2015

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
Bicycle kick quota met by Sanchez.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

gently caress YOU GULY HOLY loving poo poo

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
"Doody tried to drop it into the area"

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

A thing happened. :(

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
I turned on the game and Chicago scored a good goal

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

What a bunch of bullshit Chicago hacks our players down all game and wins gently caress them.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Fuckin hell nice. Take a bow, son.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
Pineda, you fucker. As soon as he hit that awful poo poo we were done.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

JASON JOHNSON I LOVE YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
:sigh: This team has no attacking talent without Deuce/Oba. This is going to be a long July.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
95' lol

suck it fatboy Sigi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Holy Crap we got 3 points tonight. Wasn't expecting that but it nice finally getting a win.

• Locked thread