Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Watch LIVE on NJPW World for only ¥999($8.13, plus you get the first half of the G1 this month!)

This is easily the biggest show NJPW's run since Wrestle Kingdom 9 and could easily be the most important show for the company this year outside of that and the G1 Finals. They moved Dominion to Osaka-jo Hall this year (biggest building they're running outside of the Dome) and the gamble paid off with a sellout. Osaka's usually a very hot crowd and the atmosphere should be amazing. If you have any interest in NJPW at all this is a must subscribe month with the G1 starting in a couple weeks.

Every title is on the line for the first time I can remember in a non Dome show since I started following the company in 2012. The non title matches are also a LOT more interesting than we've seen on most shows this year. Shibata vs. Sakuraba could be excellent and is a fresh singles match, the YTR/Tana feud has been fun, and the Naito/Honma vs Fale/Yujiro match is now a must watch due to Naito's new heelish demeanor since joining the Ingobernables during his CMLL tour.

AJ Styles(c) vs. Kazuchika Okada - IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Hirooki Goto(c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura - IWGP INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Toru Yano
The Kingdom(c) (Mike Bennett+Matt Taven w/Maria Kanellis) vs. Bullet Club (Karl Anderson+Doc Gallows w/Amber Gallows) -IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT TAG CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Togi Makabe(c) vs. Tomohiro Ishii - NEVER OPENWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Kenny Omega(c) vs. KUSHIDA -IWGP JR CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Katsuyori Shibata vs Kazushi Sakuraba
Tetsuya Naito and Tomoaki Honma vs. Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale + Yujiro Takahashi)
Young Bucks(c) vs. reDRagon vs. RPG Vice - IWGP JR TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH)
Ten-Cozy, Liger, TMIV and Komatsu vs. Nagata, Nakanishi, Taguchi, Dorada, and Tanaka

Thauros fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jul 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

love JO Hall

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
Naito is gonna get booed out of the building.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

oh poo poo, this starts at 11:30 PST? fuckyeah, haven't gotten to watch a live njpw event in a while. gonna have to drop 10bux for this (and then the g1 next month)

edit: lol i was just looking at the card and it took me a full thirty sentence it was listed from main event down, i was like "wtf why is that huge tag match the main event"

cams fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jul 4, 2015

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

oatgan posted:

love JO Hall

love to JO Hall, Scott

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
That card is loving stacked. First NJPW show I'm watching live since WK9.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
2:40 am est? Nice, what a reasonably timed card for us east-coasters, phew

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
1:40 am. It's beautiful.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

it's actually fale+yujiro :eng101:

KUSHIDA, at last you're on your own

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Tonfa posted:

it's actually fale+yujiro :eng101:

huh weird. made the same mistake twice too despite looking at the official card.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Some super sick matches on this card

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Son of a bitch, I thought this was a 4am card. I can go to bed early enough to wake up in time for the 4am cards, but I have no chance of either staying up to watch the whole thing or waking up by 2:45. Guess I'll try for waking up around 5am and hoping I hit intermission.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

http://njpwworld.com/p/o_original_0024_04

AJ did an interview on NJPW World talking about his stable and the big match with Okada that's freely available to everyone including non subscribers (you really should be a subscriber this month if you're not broke tho)

Thauros fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jul 5, 2015

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Actually starts before midnight on the West Coast, bananas.

Seems like there could be a lot of title changes tonight looking at that card. None of those matchups stand out to me as 'yeah, they're definitely retaining tonight'.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
Live NJPW on at a reasonable time + this stacked card = :neckbeard:

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Grozz Nuy posted:

Actually starts before midnight on the West Coast, bananas.

Seems like there could be a lot of title changes tonight looking at that card. None of those matchups stand out to me as 'yeah, they're definitely retaining tonight'.

I think Goto retaining and Nakamura going on to win the G1 is a pretty safe call. I think Makabe is a sure winner too.

An AJ/Nakamura G1 final would rule.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I'm going to fight valiantly to stay up for this show but shooting fireworks for an hour in 100+ degree humidity really takes it out of you. God bless America

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff from there before, but Osaka-jo Hall is a pretty kickass looking venue:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Hope Kushi kills it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh poo poo I almost missed this thinking it wasn't on for another 3 hours or so.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Link to the feed's up!

http://njpwworld.com/lp/l_live_20_1

Jerusalem posted:

Oh poo poo I almost missed this thinking it wasn't on for another 3 hours or so.

Nope, starting in about 25!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

This is a loooooong card but I'm gonna stay up.

This is the first I've watched since Invasion Attack, found a neat recap post on /r/sc: https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/3c5czh/new_japan_pro_wrestlings_dominion_ppv_is_in_less/

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It's starting up now, hooray!

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

That is definitely a big arena. Gonna have a good night in JO Hall with my posting pals.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

this arena looks cool and this show is gonna be cool

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012
I just finished the Road to Dominion PPV, my body is ready for this.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

arena looks awesome.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I paid strange Japanese men eight dollars so I suppose I'm in for this

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Arena/stage setup is absolutely killer

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

some day i want to learn more about jushin liger

i saw him in a wcw ppv on the network once and he seemed cool

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

why do these cards always start with eight 50-year olds squaring off anyways

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

abraham linksys posted:

some day i want to learn more about jushin liger

i saw him in a wcw ppv on the network once and he seemed cool

He is an anime superhero given life. He was the godfather of junior heavyweight wrestling and now he's old acts silly

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Who's the guy with the rear end-based offense

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

abraham linksys posted:

why do these cards always start with eight 50-year olds squaring off anyways
so they don't clog up the main cards of 30 year olds with crippling injuries

Benne posted:

ryuske taguchi

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Benne posted:

Ryusuke Taguchi. He was sort of good a few years back but he blows now.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

kind of imagining an alternate universe where instead of Hogan going to WCW he was in story-less curtain jerkers on every PPV for a decade

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

tenzan is going to literally die in the g1

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

I love this crowd already. They are hotter for an opening match full of seniors than WWE crowds are for most matches.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
Having Nakanishi and Tenzan in the ring at the same time has to be some horrible, horrible rib on us all. Neither can loving move at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Dorada's good, wish they'd do more with him. They also really need to send Komatsu and Tanaka ont heir excursions, they're more than ready and they have some new young lions

• Locked thread