Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
I like how despite not giving a gently caress, Naito still found the energy to do a twisting moonsault to the floor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hulkamatt please change my name to Heel Naito

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

So if Sakuraba defeats Shibata, does that mean Shibata was secretly a Gracie all along?

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
Shibata's vtr looks rad on that screen.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
is this match gonna be any good, i don't really get what's going on with orange shorts man. he was in a weird match at wk9

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
shibata looks sad and sakuraba looks grumpy.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011

abraham linksys posted:

is this match gonna be any good, i don't really get what's going on with orange shorts man. he was in a weird match at wk9

He is Kazushi Sakuraba (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kazushi_Sakuraba) a legendary mma fighter, he came in to NJPW with Shibata as a tagteam called Laughter7.

It should be a p. good match, just in a very different style.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

do you like kicks?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

GenericMartini posted:

shibata looks sad

He knows Goto is gonna choke again, if not tonight then soon.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

he's like a semi-legendary mma guy. the other guy is a wrestler guy who basically wanted to be an mma guy and wants wrestling to be have lots of shoot strikes in it so he hits people like a real badass and killed a guy also

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

abraham linksys posted:

this will be totally different from probably any other pro wrestling match this year and could be loving awesome like saku/nakamura from a couple years ago, or alienating and stupid.

it's gonna be great though it might go short

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
this match can be summed up as 'no gently caress you, mma dad! :mad: '

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

epitasis posted:

he's like a semi-legendary mma guy. the other guy is a wrestler guy who basically wanted to be an mma guy and wants wrestling to be have lots of shoot strikes in it so he hits people like a real badass and killed a guy also

now i'm even more confused

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

abraham linksys posted:

they're both MMA catch wrestler types who came in (back in SHibata's case) to NJPW in 2012 as a heel invader team that had legit heat in the locker room since they feared that this was a return to the poo poo Inoki pulled a decade ago

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

epitasis posted:

hulkamatt please change my name to Heel Naito

i don't have that power

Susano-maku da!
Nov 12, 2003

Hi. Did you order the Mongolian… Beef?
Jesus this match is loving stiff

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

those thuds

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

AAAGH

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

sakuraba has suffered worse beatings

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that second dropkick was a doozy even by shibata standards

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Thauros posted:

they're both MMA catch wrestler types who came in (back in SHibata's case) to NJPW in 2012 as a heel invader team that had legit heat in the locker room since they feared that this was a return to the poo poo Inoki pulled a decade ago

now Shibata is in the "main force" and occasionally teams with his friend/rival Goto, Saku's not an official CHAOS member but might as well be since he always teams with them in house show multiman matches and is YTR's tag partner.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

shibata killed a guy from stiffing him too hard

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lol shibata's like CMON GIVE IT TO ME and sakuraba is like uh gently caress no i really actually cant kick any harder than this

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011

epitasis posted:

lol shibata's like CMON GIVE IT TO ME and sakuraba is like uh gently caress no i really actually cant kick any harder than this

the way to beat shibata is just to not hit him hard enough to activate the no selling

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
I believe Sakurabas can fly.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

lmao he did a dive

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

THAT'S NOT CANON!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

my only thing with saku is that his facials are extremely bad and he always looks sleepy

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
holy gently caress

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Holy poo poo he got to the ropes with his TEETH :stare:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

waaaAAHHHHHHHGH

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Bite the rope Shibata

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

hey that was loving hype as hell

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This match is cool as gently caress :munch:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oatgan posted:

my only thing with saku is that his facials are extremely bad and he always looks sleepy

when hes in the aftermath of a sequence where he has to stop and let it breathe and let the other guy sell he doesn't know what to do and looks awkward

this fuckin rules though actually

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Holy poo poo he got to the ropes with his TEETH :stare:

wonder if they bit that spot from cole/liger last year

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

This rules

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Shibata is really giving Saku a ton of this match.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

sakuraba just grabbing whatever he can get his hands/feet on and turning it into a submission

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Susano-maku da!
Nov 12, 2003

Hi. Did you order the Mongolian… Beef?
Shibata is taking every submission in the book

• Locked thread