Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Marquis de Lafayette, who paid his own way to the Colonies and was a key member of George Washington's staff.

Comte de Rochambeau, commander of the French expeditionary force that fought alongside the Continental Army.

Comte de Grasse, whose fleet turned back the British navy's relief attempt at Yorktown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Lafayette did poo poo all.

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
that king got friggered

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
crosspost from the independence day thread

Chevalier de la Luzerne

lol

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Camus
De Sade
Serge Gainsbourg
De Beauvoir (not Satre)

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Erik Satie
Claude Debussy

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Pierre-Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais, "playwright, watchmaker, inventor, musician, diplomat, fugitive, spy, publisher, horticulturalist, arms dealer, satirist, financier, and revolutionary". Helped finance the American Revolution through shell companies in France and Spain.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

François-Jean de Chastellux. Liaison between Rochambeau and Washington.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
but, uh, also Napoleon, who found the French crown lying in the gutter, and picked it up

and who was probably the second- or third-greatest general of all time, possibly even first, it's hard to say because the top three stand-outs of history are all from different time periods

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Gentwise
Sep 12, 2003
Gentwise Bankfourthe, Esquire.

yo who that is

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6sPyGhv3PI

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
A pretty cool french person:

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Gentwise posted:

yo who that is

titlady

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Gentwise posted:

yo who that is

Right click, "search google for this image"

https://www.google.com/search?tbs=s...E0zjBSz9ptYdmNM

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
i'm cool

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
How about you gerard deparDON'T

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Eric Cantona

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFsW6vvBwHk

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
Rémi Gaillard is the loving man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MytfhzcSF-Y

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

generally yes, though he can be kind of a dick sometimes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGy6txj8FQ0

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Do you pronounce it as DE-PAR-DOO?

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Benny Harvey posted:

who cares, he's fat

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

French house

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Benny Harvey posted:

actually now it's "Депардьё"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
robespierre

for killing many bourgie pigdogs

naem
May 29, 2011

withak posted:

A pretty cool french person:

I surrender

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the French are pretty cool in general. attractive women, excellent food, revolutionary ideals

that whole anti-French thing when they wouldn't support the USA in the iraq/afghanistan wars was pretty lol as gently caress considering the USA would have hands down lost the revolutionary war without the French helping us.

People in Paris are kind of dildos but that's expected I guess when there are tons of tourists in your town nonstop

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

the French are pretty cool in general. attractive women, excellent food, revolutionary ideals

that whole anti-French thing when they wouldn't support the USA in the iraq/afghanistan wars was pretty lol as gently caress considering the USA would have hands down lost the revolutionary war without the French helping us.

People in Paris are kind of dildos but that's expected I guess when there are tons of tourists in your town nonstop

Yeah the US owes its independence to France since the french provided both funding and also conventional forces with harmonized nicely with american's more unconventional forces.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
All the cool french people are probably black.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Coohoolin posted:

actually now it's "Депардьё"

Depardyo?

Moridin920 posted:

I think it's more of a big city thing, see also London.

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Baptiste_Carrier

this guy liked to drown priests

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
All louk same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Moridin920 posted:

If you live in Paris for more than a week, you automatically start hating tourists with a passion.

• Locked thread