Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde
after all these years, this movie still holds up, I hope the sequel is as rad as this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
They blew up every major landmark on the planet in the first one, what are they gonna do to top the first one? Blow up local landmarks, such as fiberglass paul bunyans and whatnot?

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Same

I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Blow up local landmarks, such as fiberglass paul bunyans and whatnot?

sold

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

will smith says earth

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
It was just a ripoff of V the mini series. V was better. Independence Day was pretty bad.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Super Ninja Fish posted:

It was just a ripoff of V the mini series. V was better. Independence Day was pretty bad.

jesus christ

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

please don't force aliens to visit the midwest

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde

Super Ninja Fish posted:

never seen V but il give it a shot if it's as memorable as this movie. I just got to the president's speech before the final battle, and I'd vote for Bill Pullman if he ever ran for office based on that speech alone

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
it's a loving stupid movie and you are a loving stupid retard OP

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
i want the ghost of randy quaid to be in it

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
it was the pinnacle of 90s kitsch

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
It's overrated, it's a bad movie. Definitely a product of its time.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

Daedra posted:

i want the ghost of randy quaid to be in it

he isnt dead tho

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
i mean it'd still be cool if his ghost was in it, just sayin

can you have a ghost version of urself if ur still alive? interesting question.............

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

It's dumb fun, and good to have on in the background while you're doing chores.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Man it kind of sucks what Randy Quaid has been going through with his wife I would have liked to have seen him in more movies.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I watched Independence Day in my friend's Volvo while stuck on I-5N today. Really good, did a running commentary on Snapchat.
Next up, another American Classic:

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Amarcarts posted:

Man it kind of sucks what Randy Quaid has been going through with his wife I would have liked to have seen him in more movies.

going through turning in to a crazy person :confused:

NeoHentaiMaster
Jul 13, 2004
More well adjusted then you'd think.
Why did they feel the need to add the helicopter talking off in front of the White House. It looked much cooler in the first trailers before the loving helicopter was in the way.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

NeoHentaiMaster posted:

Why did they feel the need to add the helicopter talking off in front of the White House. It looked much cooler in the first trailers before the loving helicopter was in the way.

every scene is so dense

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
It's a good movie and everyone who says otherwise is a fag.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
The old Jew dad and his dumb Jew scientist son were the worst part of that movie. I wish they weren't in it. No one likes them. The part when the President shoots the gently caress out of the alien is the best part.

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx

BigBoss posted:

The old Jew dad and his dumb Jew scientist son were the worst part of that movie. I wish they weren't in it. No one likes them. The part when the President shoots the gently caress out of the alien is the best part.

the best part was when he was getting cucked by the president

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
Mars Attacks > Indy Day

naem
May 29, 2011

We voted will smith president

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

BigBoss posted:

why dont you like jews

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

data dies

Jigglesby
Jan 16, 2015

slo mo dog jumping scene.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

etalian posted:

data dies
he's in the sequel unless its just some flashback crap

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

david, davvvvid

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Every time I watch that movie I'll never understand the ending. Like, they take down 1 ship and then use morse code to tell the other countries how to take them down.

Except they took that 1 ship down by mounting 1 final offensive utilizing the remainder of the world's air forces and still had to rely on 1 guy flying into the mega weapon at precisely the right time to cause it to backfire (lol). How the gently caress does that help anybody?

"hey guys we totally know how to destroy their ships! You just have to wait for the aliens to prepare to fire their mega weapon, and then have a suicidal pilot fly a plane right into it at exactly the right moment! Good luck! We got um beat!!!!'

limeincoke fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jul 4, 2015

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

farmer who had aliens do bad things to his rear end, gets revenge by flying up large hole.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
That secret service guy has a pretty good pistol shot hitting that coke can

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

limeincoke posted:

Every time I watch that movie I'll never understand the ending. Like, they take down 1 ship and then use morse code to tell the other countries how to take them down.

Except they took that 1 ship down by mounting 1 final offensive utilizing the remainder of the world's air forces and still had to rely on 1 guy flying into the mega weapon at precisely the right time to cause it to backfire (lol). How the gently caress does that help anybody?

"hey guys we totally know how to destroy their ships! You just have to wait for the aliens to prepare to fire their mega weapon, and then have a suicidal pilot fly a plane right into it at exactly the right moment! Good luck! We got um beat!!!!'

ISIS saves the world in the sequel

Pox
Feb 16, 2015

limeincoke posted:

I always figured America actually used ICBMs to take out the rest and everyone else just has to deal with it

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
i didnt think it was a very good film it was a bit far fetched and really cheesy i prefer period costume dramas that kind of thing

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
Whats a period costume? a bucket of fake blood over a maxi pad suit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler
Aww the proposal scene in the locker room between Will Smith and his copilot could really happen now.

• Locked thread