Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax
only teams who have qualified for the world cup in the last 20 years get to vote on where the world cup is held

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

ronniegardocki posted:

only teams who have qualified for the world cup in the last 20 years get to vote on where the world cup is held

As a corollary, only teams who have qualified for a World Cup are allowed to host it.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Brighterday posted:

The problem with more subs/bigger benches is that it favors the rich teams that can afford to have stronger benches since they can throw away money on large wages for better players to sit on the bench. I like the idea but I can see how it might lead to less parity in the league.

League matches don't have extra time.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
bring more advanced stats to the game

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

If you win an international tournament you have to host it the next time, just like Eurovision

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

euroboy posted:

If you win an international tournament you have to host it the next time, just like Eurovision

Shame to cut out a country with all the existing infrastructure like England.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Give goalkeepers crazy padding like in hockey and let them wipe out attackers in the penalty area as long as they get sort of near the ball.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

sebzilla posted:

Give goalkeepers crazy padding like in hockey and let them wipe out attackers in the penalty area as long as they get sort of near the ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIAT74L3R38

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

advanced statsman posted:

bring more advanced stats to the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vJn5XxWg9U

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
replace the paint with coke, so i can snort until the sun comes up

TheNakedJimbo
Nov 18, 2004

If you die first, I am definitely going to eat you. The question is, if I die first...what are YOU gonna do?

jyrka posted:

An extra sub allowed if there's an extra time, I think is a good change.

I'd like to see a free sub allowed if a player gets a concussion. The player would then have a mandatory two-week medical suspension to ensure that he is symptom-free when he returns, and also to prevent teams from cheating the system by faking head injuries in order to get a free sub.

Kick-ins (instead of throw-ins) are also a wonderful idea. I played in a rec league that did kick-ins, and it was a total blast - you were allowed to score directly from one, if you could, and in one game a guy scored a thirty-yarder against our backup goalkeeper.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Make all the players wear helmets to prevent concussions

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Don't start with concussion chat in here, only warning.

Mister Twister
Oct 22, 2010

TheNakedJimbo posted:

I'd like to see a free sub allowed if a player gets a concussion. The player would then have a mandatory two-week medical suspension to ensure that he is symptom-free when he returns, and also to prevent teams from cheating the system by faking head injuries in order to get a free sub.

Kick-ins (instead of throw-ins) are also a wonderful idea. I played in a rec league that did kick-ins, and it was a total blast - you were allowed to score directly from one, if you could, and in one game a guy scored a thirty-yarder against our backup goalkeeper.

The problem I see with kick-ins is that it would make loads more long breaks in play. Whenever there is a corner of free-kick (in a dangerous area) it takes a minute or two for the players to take their positions in the box, and having that happen every time the ball goes out of play in the final third would be frustrating to watch.

Also someone mentioned hockey-style shootouts, and it was done in the US in the 80's to some degree. With some changes it could be awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJEnwi7otu0

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
I think that players should wear shorter shorts and maybe tanktop kits. Mesh is a good material and should be incorporated more frequently, both into the tops and the shorts.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

get rid of away kits and have it be shirts v skins instead

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

If it's tied after 90 minutes and mom is already calling you inside for dinner, apply the "next goal wins" rule

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
There's a gay charity soccer match near where I live that's "tops vs bottoms" where one team plays in just shorts and no shirt and the other plays in shirts and skimpy undies and it is insanely ftw if that's your thing.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
with the kick ins, make it so that you cant run up to the ball. i.e. your left leg has to remain on the ground. that way its still not as powerful as a free kick but it removes the silly throw in.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

oliwan posted:

with the kick ins, make it so that you cant run up to the ball. i.e. your left leg has to remain on the ground. that way its still not as powerful as a free kick but it removes the silly throw in.

the gently caress

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Ban foreigners from owning clubs.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

jyrka posted:

Unironically this.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011

jyrka posted:

Ban foreigners

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Because local billionaires are much better at running clubs than foreign ones?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Vegetable posted:

Because local billionaires are much better at running clubs than foreign ones?

Yes

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Mike Ashley is poo poo, mate.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Famous Geordie Mike Ashley

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
Football should be like it was back in '85 when all this cool stuff was happening like.......

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Only lads allowed to play for my club are those I went to school with.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Same, I love ours until they gently caress things up beyond al recognition, but until then it's sweet as

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

jyrka posted:

Ban any type of ownership other than socio

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January
If you support multiple teams you have to wear a yellow star at all times and in the very unlikely event that you actually go to a game you have to get on a special packed train full of people like you that drops you off in a concentration camp where you will be worked to death digging graves for your fellow twats.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

fat gay nonce posted:

If you support multiple teams you have to wear a yellow star at all times and in the very unlikely event that you actually go to a game you have to get on a special packed train full of people like you that drops you off in a concentration camp where you will be worked to death digging graves for your fellow twats.

Arbeit macht my best teams.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

fat gay nonce posted:

i don't know if i can get behind this, op. what about supporting one team but being a lazy day fan of another because they are close by?

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
I think you can get two teams but one has to be your local one and the other has to be very far and in a different league on a different continent. If somehow they ever play you have to support your local team or the Nazi stuff then comes into play.

Edit: maybe another exception if one is local and the other is or 3 or more levels away on the respective pyramid? But still two teams max. I dunno.

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
Also if you go to an international champions cup style or US exhibition match against a euro team , then yeah you're worked to death and wearing the star. If you go to an exhibition match where your local team plays a big team and you wear the big teams kit your whole family is tortured and killed.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Parody Threads posted:

I think you can get two teams but one has to be your local one and the other has to be very far and in a different league on a different continent. If somehow they ever play you have to support your local team or the Nazi stuff then comes into play.

Edit: maybe another exception if one is local and the other is or 3 or more levels away on the respective pyramid? But still two teams max. I dunno.

Parody Threads posted:

Also if you go to an international champions cup style or US exhibition match against a euro team , then yeah you're worked to death and wearing the star. If you go to an exhibition match where your local team plays a big team and you wear the big teams kit your whole family is tortured and killed.

I agree with this

JorahTheExplorer
Oct 23, 2013

You aren't my Alves, Afonso Alves,
you make me sa-aad when sky's are blue,
and Georgie Best, cost fucking less,
so please take my Alves away.
Make them play IN A STEEL CAGE.

The side who gets to kick off is decided by a fight.

Give the goalkeeper a battleaxe

Make all the strikers do tons of cocaine.

Managers have to play for atleast 10 minutes of a match.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

JorahTheExplorer posted:

Make them play IN A STEEL CAGE.

The side who gets to kick off is decided by a fight.

Give the goalkeeper a battleaxe

Make all the strikers do tons of cocaine.

Managers have to play for atleast 10 minutes of a match.

argentina does have its own league, you know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Wasn't there like a Nike world cup commercial that took place in a cage? Was sweet as hell as I recall.

• Locked thread