Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
IF YOU DON'T LOAN ME 100 DOLLARS RIGHT NOW WITH NO CONDITIONS ATTACHED I WILL NOT GIVE YOU BACK THE 10 DOLLARS I ALREADY OWE YOU!

WHAT, YOU WON'T GIVE ME MORE MONEY? YOU ARE SPREADING TERROR, DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS CALLED WHEN SOMEONE SPREADS TERROR? TERRORISM!

Source: Varoufakis, somehow in actual fact the greek minister of finances, ugly motherfucker for sure, and clueless beyoned belief almost certainly

Tomorrow they vote, who's ready to roast marshmallows over the smoldering remains of a nation who thinks the rest of the world should shove money up their arse because they invented (sic) democracy some time agao?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
how you a frog

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

buy your bitcoins now. prices are about to skyrocket!

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

actually it's about ethics in capitalist neocolonialism

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Please don't write in all caps it's very bad netiquette

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

greeks hope to keep yelling off the balcony until germans give up.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Aralan posted:

Please don't write in all caps it's very bad netiquette

I was quoting, not writing, so it is alright.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Oh ok, never mind then, sorry I kind of flew off the handle there

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
germany should just revive prussia at this stage and have an eagle crush a bleeding circle of stars for its next flag

would be much cooler than that smurf poo poo

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
Thread title should be "GREXIT, yes please." Any Eurogoons disagree? Not greek ones obviously, you'd best find your coats and hats cause you fuckers are out.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

kick southern states out of EU

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

etalian posted:

That's harsh, Italy and Spain have been working hard and have improved a lot, afaik.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

how me a frog posted:

IF YOU DON'T LOAN ME 100 DOLLARS RIGHT NOW WITH NO CONDITIONS ATTACHED I WILL NOT GIVE YOU BACK THE 10 DOLLARS I ALREADY OWE YOU!

WHAT, YOU WON'T GIVE ME MORE MONEY? YOU ARE SPREADING TERROR, DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS CALLED WHEN SOMEONE SPREADS TERROR? TERRORISM!

Source: Varoufakis, somehow in actual fact the greek minister of finances, ugly motherfucker for sure, and clueless beyoned belief almost certainly

Tomorrow they vote, who's ready to roast marshmallows over the smoldering remains of a nation who thinks the rest of the world should shove money up their arse because they invented (sic) democracy some time agao?

"YOU DON'T HAVE THE TEN DOLLARS THAT YOU AGREED TO PAY ME, AND YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO PUNCH YOUR GRANDMOTHER IN THE FACE TO GET IT? gently caress YOU, I WILL BURN EVERYTHING DOWN INCLUDING MY OWN HOUSE INSTEAD OF WORKING OUT A NEW PLAN. "

Angela Merkel, the president of the country that invented nazis

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

School Nickname posted:

germany should just revive prussia at this stage and have an eagle crush a bleeding circle of stars for its next flag

would be much cooler than that smurf poo poo

they lost most of the prussian provinces after ww2, so there wouldn't be much point in releasing prussia

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

City of Tampa posted:

"YOU DON'T HAVE THE TEN DOLLARS THAT YOU AGREED TO PAY ME, AND YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO PUNCH YOUR GRANDMOTHER IN THE FACE TO GET IT? gently caress YOU, I WILL BURN EVERYTHING DOWN INCLUDING MY OWN HOUSE INSTEAD OF WORKING OUT A NEW PLAN. "

maybe greeks just need to give her a few back rubs?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

etalian posted:

lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

in any part of the world the southern part ends up being lazier and dumber due to hot climate.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

etalian posted:

maybe greeks just need to give her a few back rubs?

The Greeks should elect W if the Syriza dude resigns.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

etalian posted:

in any part of the world the southern part ends up being lazier and dumber due to hot climate.

Greece is about the same longitude as Pennsylvania, New Jersey, or Delaware. What's their problem?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

City of Tampa posted:

The Greeks should elect W if the Syriza dude resigns.

would make sense since both people are go at making promises they can't keep and scaring everyone else with irrational behavior

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Hogge Wild posted:

they lost most of the prussian provinces after ww2, so there wouldn't be much point in releasing prussia

There'll always be Brandenburg.

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014
Five dollars for five words.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Greece is about the same longitude as Pennsylvania, New Jersey, or Delaware. What's their problem?

The Americas are colder due to wind streams and water currents being colder or something. It's true Google it man

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

City of Tampa posted:

Trap sprung. You know the austerity measures that are "strangling" Greece, Italy and Spain were facing the same scenario but they actually did the stuff, they didn't just pretend to and go back toi business as usual. Also Austria invented nazis you Tsapirasucker.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
Greeks will literally blame Germany for their children starving because they couldn't be arsed to pay taxes or show up to work which is somehow directly Angela Merkels fault.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Shayu posted:

The Americas are colder due to wind streams and water currents being colder or something. It's true Google it man

It's not really wind streams, it's how the oceans work. Nowhere in the Mediterranean is cold.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
Citizens of greece: please vote OXI on the measures that aren't even on the table anymore due to the absolutely ridiculous behaviour of your clown president or whatever you call him. I am sure flinging feces in the collective faces of all those that have kept your failed state afloat for the past five years will "strengthen your position" for "further negotiations."

Yes the referendum is about an offer that is not even valid anymore. Bask in the glory of this stupidity.

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013

how me a frog posted:

That's harsh, Italy and Spain have been working hard and have improved a lot, afaik.

You're wrong. They've hardly improved at all and in fact their long term prospects are poorer now than if they had told the austerity-fairy morons to go gently caress themselves.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

dogcrash truther posted:

You're wrong. They've hardly improved at all and in fact their long term prospects are poorer now than if they had told the austerity-fairy morons to go gently caress themselves.

Fact or fiction?

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Why can't lazy Greeks just quietly endure more austerity so we can bail out a bank equaling 1/3rd of our GDP without saying we had to pay for it? The Irish did it!:qq:

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jul 5, 2015

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Greece wanted to raise taxes on the companies that actually make money in greece but the troika told them they can't do that and have to cut their apparantly "generous" pensions instead.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
The greek minister of finances made an official statement saying nobody told them they wouldn't be able to pay off the loans they asked for, so they shouldn't have to pay anything cause they didn't know.

Fukken lol, it's supposed to be a nation we're talking about here

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013
This is a fascinating instance in which somehow the majority of Europeans are actually stupider and more self destructive than even Americans.

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012
Well, we've introduced our new common currency, the lynchpin of our European integration effort. How do we make sure that this thing stays strong? Oh, I know, let's let in this country that isn't even in Europe and has no exports, and also where everyone retires with full benefits at age 30.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

dogcrash truther posted:

This is a fascinating instance in which somehow the majority of Europeans are actually stupider and more self destructive than even Americans.

All non American economists agree that the fallout of GREXIT would be "insignificant, at worst" so I dunno what you're on about.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Pulp Can Move posted:

Well, we've introduced our new common currency, the lynchpin of our European integration effort. How do we make sure that this thing stays strong? Oh, I know, let's let in this country that isn't even in Europe and has no exports, and also where everyone retires with full benefits at age 30.

This guy gets it.

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005
why would you loan money to someone you know can't pay it? and then you think well now you owe me money you're my slave and they're like nope lol peace out and now you're all like wtf you lazy bum

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Drone_Fragger posted:

Greece wanted to raise taxes on the companies that actually make money in greece but the troika told them they can't do that and have to cut their apparantly "generous" pensions instead.

At least America doesn't have the only shitheads

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013

how me a frog posted:

Fact or fiction?

It's actual fact, fucker. Why don't you look up the employment rates in those countries if you don't believe me.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

For reference, greek spending on it's pensions is 12% of GDP, less than austria and the UK and almost the same as germany. But this is "too much on pensions" apparantly. lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lufiron posted:

why would you loan money to someone you know can't pay it? and then you think well now you owe me money you're my slave and they're like nope lol peace out and now you're all like wtf you lazy bum

most it was due to how with the whole EU and also ECB expansion loans to the greeks were seen as lower risk lol

• Locked thread