Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
slowly bring in the rest of the Firefly cast to join Adam Baldwin and the Cap'n :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greataval
Mar 26, 2010
Just saw the season ending that was the most tear jerkin Murican episode next to 24 and i loved it. Alot of fun

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Spent the last 10 or 20 minutes wondering what the surprise twist ending cliffhanger was going to be for the season, since it was blatant there was going to be one. Everything was just far too cheerful and happy and wrapped up for there to be that much time left. Rolled my eyes when it was the incompetent Hillfolk dude quoting John Wilkes Booth to someone who cured a deadly, world-destroying plague (Seriously, how the gently caress is she a tyrant, exactly?) then whiffing a point-blank assassination shot. How lovely was security that such a skeezy gently caress got in with a weapon anyways?

Amazing final two episodes besides that goofy concession to having a season cliffhanger.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"

Caryna posted:

A twist? What did I miss?

Already referenced but the Dr. got shot and the show ended after a couple of quick cuts. She's probably not dead but it sets up a decent cliffhanger.

Yeah, things were just to happy and flag waving to end on.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
My DVR cut off as she slumped to the floor, anything after that?

The whole time I'm watching the festivities and knowing that something terrible would happen but for some reason I didn't want it to. I just wanted them all to be happy for one drat day. :gop: Also I don't know what that smilie means but it has a flag.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Wow, a good show!

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

wormil posted:

My DVR cut off as she slumped to the floor, anything after that?

The whole time I'm watching the festivities and knowing that something terrible would happen but for some reason I didn't want it to. I just wanted them all to be happy for one drat day. :gop: Also I don't know what that smilie means but it has a flag.

Not really, he ran off. But he didn't go back the way he came, he went forward back to where Dr Scott was coming from, meaning he's probably gonna get beaten to death by the captain, the perfect end to such a botched assassination attempt. I expect next season will jump like 6 months into the future, with the government established and the James fixed up and ready to go.

I was kinda surprised they sailed a 500 foot long warship up the river like that. I hope it's rainy for the next six months.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

The flying punch and clothesline during the fight scene made the episode.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I rewound to watch the clothesline again because I didn't believe I just saw it. I love this show :allears:

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I'm going to choose to believe that the actor has a hard time pulling punches and so the stuntman got nailed full on with that hit. :allears:

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I was happy they just outright shot the terrorists and didn't insist on taking them alive, well except for the head honcho.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

wormil posted:

I was happy they just outright shot the terrorists and didn't insist on taking them alive, well except for the head honcho.

They've racked up a pretty impressive body count really, more than I would expect from a show like this. Breaking the president out they killed like, everyone. Sometimes with forks.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

i hope robert de niro is okay

PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010
What was the weapon system on shore? Some kind of anti-ship tube-launched missile?

Morkfang
Dec 9, 2009

I'm awesome.
:smug:

Erghh posted:

Already referenced but the Dr. got shot and the show ended after a couple of quick cuts. She's probably not dead but it sets up a decent cliffhanger.

Yeah, things were just to happy and flag waving to end on.

Ahh, you mean a cliffhanger then I guess? I wouldn't call her getting shot a twist really. Semantics shmefantics I guess.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

PowerBuilder3 posted:

What was the weapon system on shore? Some kind of anti-ship tube-launched missile?

Looked like a Harpoon launcher aka the semi standard NATO and friends anti ship missile.

The last episode was a bit of a let down compared to last years, still good and wrapped things up but didn't really leave it on a cliffhanger. But it does allow them to do a bit of a time skip so the ship can be repaired and the program is now more about rebuilding the world / reclaiming Canada from the polar bears.

Its slightly annoying that they haven't increased the number of episodes per series given how high the viewing figures are.

ukle fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Sep 11, 2015

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
It really feels like they wrote this so it could either be a series or a season finale, and when they got renewed tacked on the "cliffhanger" at the end.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I'd rather they do that than risk leaving a cancelled series on a cliffhanger. RIP Space: Above and Beyond

ukle
Nov 28, 2005
But there is sod all chance of this being cancelled as its one of the biggest shows in the US in the Summer, but is also sold very well world wide. Only exception is that if it costs an absurd amount to make, but I could well imagine the US navy lets them use the ship for near nothing given the show is possible the best recruitment tool they have ever had.

Its probably more likely they just didn't know / hadn't decided how to take the 3rd series so left their options open, especially given they decided not really to drag out the plot that was the cliff hanger last year.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Dust off those flags, boys!

Season 3 teaser via WonderCon. Spoilers, I guess:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AbLY_dIW40

June 12th
:patriot:

Alehkhs fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Mar 29, 2016

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Hooyah :patriot:

Another season of Capt Pike saving the world, at least twice every episode.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Not gonna lie, that trailer looks amazing.

Who thought we'd get a third season way back in season 1? I sure didn't.

Dichen Lachmann and Bridget Reagan tho

and fightin :china:

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

That was the most exciting 1:48 of my life. I'm surprised we got a third season, but I'm glad it's real and it's almost here.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Holy gently caress this wasn't canceled?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Alehkhs posted:

June 12th

Lol this show is better than The Walking Dead

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Ho loving Rah.

I continue to unironically love this poo poo.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I'm so embarrassed that I like this show. But I like this show.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Legit excited for this lovely loving show that is also the best loving show.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Khablam posted:

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I love this show. Give me any "What if disaster" scenario shows and I love them, regardless of how terrible they are....except Z Nation.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"

Kesper North posted:

I'm so embarrassed that I like this show. But I like this show.

:respek:

can't quite figure it out either

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Khablam posted:

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one

Pillowpants posted:

I love this show. Give me any "What if disaster" scenario shows and I love them, regardless of how terrible they are....except Z Nation.

Same, except I like Z Nation. It's campy but fun. Can definitely see why people don't like it, though.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Pillowpants posted:

Z Nation is fantastic and that's your loss.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Trailer Summary:

:getin:

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Khablam posted:

Nah, the show is legit. The only thing that might cause some second-hand embarrassment is the hoo-rah-rah-JOIN-THE-NAVY-iness of it especially in season 1. Season 2 is pretty a decent action show. Especially considering it's not superheroes. It still has its flaws but it's really hard to find a show that wants to be an action show first outside of a few terrible stinkers or looking in premium cable. It's also very Galactica-esque. I mean I wouldn't say it's anywhere in hall of fame TV like BSG but the underlying format of the show is like BSG, or if Star Trek was about intentionally landing at port and then shooting bad guys with ship guns and missiles.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Yeah season 1 was a bit iffy but season 2 was legit good in an action cheese thriller novel kind of way. Season 3 looks awesome and i'm excited to watch it.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I thought Season 1 had some dumb oohrah stuff in it but was otherwise pretty strong for the most part. The only really weak part of the series was the Baltimore plot, because it was just indescribably dumb.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Alehkhs posted:

June 12th

Just a reminder. Still time to catch up if you haven't seem S1 & 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

So I'm watching the "First Look" which seems to be the entire first episode.

Chandler is now the Chief of Naval Operations, but chose to stay a Captain (because he saw Generations, he knows what's up). The XO is now captain of the Nathan James, but they have a couple of other ships now). President Duck seems to still be doing a good job. Biggest news: the Doctor did actually die at the end of Season 2!

Even worse, apparently Tex is now off the show. :(

• Locked thread