Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
METATERREN
Jul 3, 2015

I enjoy putting things in my mouth.
So I checked out http://www.shoutfactorytv.com/film/comedy and found a Shock to the System starring Michael Caine. While watching the end credits, I even found out that Samuel L. Jackson was in this movie.

The movie is classified as a comedy, mostly because it isn't a full-on serious Drama. But really at heart this movie is a drama. This is not a slapstick like Dumb and Dumber or a situational funny like Pineapple Express.

In the beginning of this movie we find ourselves witnessing a really nice corporate office from the New York 80's. I found myself somewhat jealous of their lovely space in the skyscraper. Our main character, Graham, played by Michael Caine, is an advertising executive. We don't actually see him do his job at any point during this moving, so don't think this flick will substitute as sales training for the modern business world. This guy has his own secretary, which is awesome.

Graham is married, owns a suburban house (on a mortgage) and has two black full-sized poodles. We quickly learn that he is due for a promotion and an accompanying pay raise.

But it doesn't work out in his favor. A younger man is promoted in his stead.

And things get weird for about 25 minutes of the film. If the first act of the flick is the introduction of Graham's life, it concludes with his not receiving the promotion. Following that, during the second act, I became utterly lost as to what was going on in the film for the aforementioned 25 minutes or so. Then we see Graham's wife as she pulls the lever which will result in her death.

Michael Caine IS Graham in this film. He carries the movie with his performance and an unusual after-the-fact narration which he voices over during the flick.

As we watch this film, we find ourselves witnessing a somewhat despicable character without a hint of distaste. Its quite an experience, mellow that this whole film is.

Fin.

METATERREN fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jul 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread