Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Cute so far, we'll see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

I think the point is that it's the same pose which is pretty hard to dispute. Unless the skirt magically grows later and Youko manages to find her inner Cool Beauty, it may as well be the same scene which isn't encouraging.

All that aside, I'm still going to watch this until the end. They're going to have to Try to ruin this in order for me to stop in the middle of the season.

Anime Director Person posted:

Challenge accepted.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Wait you haven't read it but you're here? Stop whatever you're doing and read the manga. It's a little rough at first (still better than the anime), but once it hits its stride, it never stops being amazing.

In my experience this sort of thing ruins the experience of the anime/movie. I know when I read The Bourne Identity and then saw the movie I was immensely disappointed. After a few years as the memory of the book faded I was able to enjoy the movie. If I were to redo this, I would watch the movie and then read the book- which is now my general policy.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
And this is why I watch anime before reading manga. I thought it was great.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Maybe it's more akin to inside humor, but the "powerpoint show" complete with overdramatic music was what really clinched it for me. It felt like they were going for a memorial kind of feel, and I almost fell off the couch from laughing at the stupidity. If they had to skimp on animation somewhere I'm kind of glad it went to a gag like this instead of somewhere else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
I liked it.

• Locked thread