Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
As resident guy-who-sometimes-works-on-this-stuff: It was decent. As most have said before, it was lacking some of the charm of the later art of the manga, but it's worth keeping up on. Hopefully they hit a good pace and get the art down. Lord knows they probably rushed to change the faces after they released the promo art and everyone shat bricks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
You know, they did this scene pretty well.

It's not exactly this, but hey.

I still like it enough to keep watching. I just ... sincerely hope the style shifts over time as it did in the manga. I highly doubt it, because that would take a lot of time and money to do. It's better to just pick one style and stick to it - it seems they tried to compromise, but did a bad job at it.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Themage posted:

I liked the second episode quite a bit better than the first, little touches like that airplane noise when he ran away and his friends reactions were nice additions.

Kind of makes me want to read the manga now too.

Wait you haven't read it but you're here? Stop whatever you're doing and read the manga. It's a little rough at first (still better than the anime), but once it hits its stride, it never stops being amazing.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

On one hand, I doubt this anime passed the 3 episode test. On the other hand, it's picking up the pace and getting good.

Shimada is the best worst. :allears:

It didn't pass the 3 episode test for me. I was going to drop it - but I've heard good things about today's episode, so maybe I'll keep it up?

Edit: yes, Shimada is THE WORST.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

This right here. This is why the anime will never be as good as the manga.

Still, the episode wasn't terrible. Keep on keepin' on, I guess...

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

CrazySalamander posted:

Maybe it's more akin to inside humor, but the "powerpoint show" complete with overdramatic music was what really clinched it for me. It felt like they were going for a memorial kind of feel, and I almost fell off the couch from laughing at the stupidity. If they had to skimp on animation somewhere I'm kind of glad it went to a gag like this instead of somewhere else.

That (and what came directly after), if anything, felt closer to the manga than the rest of the anime so far. Highlight of the ep. Hell, maybe of the series.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Fellis posted:

I just caught up with the recent episodes and asteroid chapter was done great, y'all nerds are dumb.

Yeah, you can look at our comments on how the asteroid part was great - it was the only thing that was like the comic.

That's ... kind of our whole problem with the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

cyrus_zane posted:

TLDR Summary: Too much half-hearted Rom, Not enough Com.

Seconded.

• Locked thread