Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
I heard it was. how are you supposed to get in trouble? is it possible to attempt suciide, fail, and get a ticket or something? :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

I heard it was. how are you supposed to get in trouble? is it possible to attempt suciide, fail, and get a ticket or something? :lol:

It's illegal in the United States to commit suicide, but I think at most you're forced to be admitted for psychological evaluation and kept in a hospital for a short amount of time.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
I dunno OP. Maybe try it and see.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

coldplay chiptunes posted:

I dunno OP. Maybe try it and see.

not a bad idea except im on probation so ... no thanks

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
it's mostly encouraging people to commit suicide, or helping them out that are crimes. suicide is on the books as a crime but its not often prosecuted that way

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Did 30 years in Singsing for aggravated suicide, AMA.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
I think it's illegal because then the state can intervene or something and prevent people from killing themselves, I doubt they like prosecute it and put people in jail or whatever, probably a forced psychiatric visit or something

RennZero
Oct 10, 2007

"Get in."
The penalty is DEATH :twisted:

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

maybe you should try and find out

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
You see, as a citizen you are supposed to be functioning and making money for the state to tax. If you kill yourself you can't be taxed any more so its illegal to damage federal property.

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
don't know but found out that jacking it to ops mom in the bushes outside might be

might be

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
dredd could solve this prob for you

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

kill yourself

and find out OP

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
badass new dredd not lovely rear end stallone dredd

Premeditated Toast
Apr 24, 2008

Same as it ever was.
I figured it was illegal because say you decide to take a bunch of pills or jump off of a building: Instead of saving someone who got into an accident or stopping a robbery or whatever the Cops and Paramedics are wasting resources trying to talk you down off that building/pump your stomach/etc.

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
just be black and come within a mile of a police officer

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
I imagine the lowest point you could be is attempting and failing suicide. Just lol can't even do that right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chorman Plamp
Nov 23, 2004
I Craft War
Fun Shoe
Psure you become a ward of the state for like a week and get committed involuntarily idk about fines or anything

• Locked thread