Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Well anyone who was in probably had a friend die in combat. One of my buddies was blown clear in half by an IED. The worst part about the two pointless wars is that even now, about 22 vets kill themselves every day. But that's not funny.

9/11 is:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

haljordan posted:

My friend was in civil affairs and went to Afghanistan he has many heart warming tales of village elders beheading their wives and basically facing zero consequences for it

You should have seen Afghanistan in before the mid-90s or so when the Taliban took over. A completely modern country. I'll find a pic soon.

Edit:

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Well anyone who was in probably had a friend die in combat. One of my buddies was blown clear in half by an IED. The worst part about the two pointless wars is that even now, about 22 vets kill themselves every day. But that's not funny.

9/11 is:

Look I already put a fuckin bumper sticker on my car*, all you veterans do is take!!!!

*note I did not actually do this

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

You should have seen Afghanistan in before the mid-90s or so when the Taliban took over. A completely modern country. I'll find a pic soon.

Edit:

this is because of communism which is good. bring back lf

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

This makes the one Rambo sequel where he fights the commies with the oppressed Afghani people really funny

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

haljordan posted:

This makes the one Rambo sequel where he fights the commies with the oppressed Afghani people really funny

it's funny because rambo was fighting with bin ladens mujahideen

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
rambo was a real jerk

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

RideTheSpiral posted:

rambo was a real jerk

NOTHING IS OVER!!!!! ....except for women's rights

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

LMAO we might have a front runner for best thread of month

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Its pretty funny tho.

i was reloading
Aug 15, 2015

by zen death robot

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Funny = a bad thing + emotional distance.

Turns out it's subjective.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
The Doobie thread, now that's objectively funny.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

RideTheSpiral posted:

this is because of communism which is good. bring back lf

didn't the communist oust his brother who was next in line for the throne, after the father who was doing all of that in the first place died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Xaris posted:

speaking of 9/11, comedy central of streaming the entire series of daily show starting from 2000
it's kind of crazy blast from the past in an "oh gently caress bush was seriously awful how did i forget that" sort of way http://www.cc.com/events/month-of-zen/live.html

it'll be really crazy when you knobs elect jeb as your next president

• Locked thread