Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I was 18 years old and immediately joined the Marine Corps infantry. Dumbest decision I've ever made considering I qualified for anything. It was a rough time.

I'm so upset about the two towers falling that I don't think it's funny at all. Nothing about it is funny. Not even this hilarious image.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Well anyone who was in probably had a friend die in combat. One of my buddies was blown clear in half by an IED. The worst part about the two pointless wars is that even now, about 22 vets kill themselves every day. But that's not funny.

9/11 is:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

haljordan posted:

My friend was in civil affairs and went to Afghanistan he has many heart warming tales of village elders beheading their wives and basically facing zero consequences for it

You should have seen Afghanistan in before the mid-90s or so when the Taliban took over. A completely modern country. I'll find a pic soon.

Edit:

• Locked thread