Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Third in team PPG but last in team APG. That is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I cant get the spread sheet to work. How are the Air Raiders doing

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

yeah someone deleted the spreadsheet or something

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
It's fine, he just didn't create the link properly
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Z8tBZ8_gbghADvMgbG8KKSTVjquyVGj5vTpossjIo2U

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

How the gently caress is Boogie still not top ten in rebounds? I'm convinced he's not in the game.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

straight up brolic posted:

How the gently caress is Boogie still not top ten in rebounds? I'm convinced he's not in the game.

The game just recognizes him for the babyfaced fraud that he is. He's probably shooting 45% too. Suck it cousins!!!!!!!

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Fixed the link. I'll check on the various questions that arise and post this week. I'll probably continue to sim every week or so now.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Still sitting comfortably at the top of the east. :smuggo:

With stars like Kevin Martin and Rudy Gay, who needs superstars?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

gently caress, SA wiped out my long reply. In order:

I simmed through March 1st but don't have time to update my spreadsheet right now.

Wiggins is rated 80 Offense, 80 defense and 52 rebounds but only achieving a 11.99 PER with 13.2 PPG, 5.5 RPG, 1.9 APG, 1.1 SPG, .7 BPG.

I don't understand how the Sweat Hogs are doing what they're doing because the individual players have tenancies to shoot lower than most players at their positions other than Curry who is waaaaaaaay above average but still getting a good number of assists on his own.

Boogie is 14th in PER with 21.92 but he's missed too many games for the game to put him on the RPG leadboard somehow.

The Lizard Kings are dead last in rebounds and blocks per game but 4th in free throw shooting and have accumulated more total fouls than anyone. They're taking hack-a-guy to a new level of success.

I think I'm being screwed by my own sim compared to the real NBA this season. Drummond is grabbing every reboungd Favors, is 10th in PER, Walker has improved his shooting a lot without back-tracking in other departments, Redick is doing very well, and Dunleavy is just doing his thing. The game is probably correct that my defense is questionable.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jan 6, 2016

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

tadashi posted:

I don't understand how the Sweat Hogs are doing what they're doing because the individual players have tenancies to shoot lower than most players at their positions other than Curry who is waaaaaaaay above average but still getting a good number of assists on his own.

#TrustTheProcess

#DontSweatTheDetails

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
current worst pick: Metapod at 54 with Tywon Lawson :[

current best pick: Metapod at 307 with Boban Marjanovic :]

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I figured out how to scrape stats off of Basketball Reference to a spreadsheet so I think I can start making a spreadsheet of stats for all the players before games start again.

I was trying to come up with a basic formula for draft value where I'd just divide the draft position by some cumulative number (VORP?) and spit out a rough score for each player. PER doesn't work because it's a rate stat....

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Here are the first half stats from real life that nobody asked for:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dnJ1bm4wpwrExAyu330ycM5k9L3mpBVLELqE-fzIqD4/edit?usp=sharing

I tried to do a lot of fancy things in Excel to allow me to create tabs for each team and team totals but it turns out anything other than VLookup and If Then statements are over my head at the moment.

I'd like to add those things when I get some time.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

tadashi posted:

Here are the first half stats from real life that nobody asked for:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dnJ1bm4wpwrExAyu330ycM5k9L3mpBVLELqE-fzIqD4/edit?usp=sharing

I tried to do a lot of fancy things in Excel to allow me to create tabs for each team and team totals but it turns out anything other than VLookup and If Then statements are over my head at the moment.

I'd like to add those things when I get some time.

please freeze the top row too

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

please freeze the top row too

done. The "trade" column indicates if the pick was acquired via trade. I dunno what that's supposed to mean to anyone...

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
It really doesnt matter but if youre still doing this Tadashi, I actually drafted WCS to be the starting PF.

Him switching, intercepting, and blocking the poo poo out of people as a 7footer with 88 speed rating on 2k is exactly what I envisioned. If none of you have played with WCS on 2k I highly recommend it

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

the_american_dream posted:

It really doesnt matter but if youre still doing this Tadashi, I actually drafted WCS to be the starting PF.

Him switching, intercepting, and blocking the poo poo out of people as a 7footer with 88 speed rating on 2k is exactly what I envisioned. If none of you have played with WCS on 2k I highly recommend it

He's not setting the lineups manually i'm pretty sure, he's letting 2k fill them out so it explains some of the weird playing times/lineups

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cool Buff Man posted:

He's not setting the lineups manually i'm pretty sure, he's letting 2k fill them out so it explains some of the weird playing times/lineups

tadashi posted:

Here are the first half stats from real life

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Sorry for the confusion. The stats I posted are off of Basketball Reference and I just had it auto-fill the positions since they weren't in the draft. What I'll try to get to is getting the team tabs filled out and then I can make the sheet editable so that anybody who wants to go fix their lineups can do that.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

? They're not sorted into lineups on that sheet anyways so when he was talking about lineups I figured he was talking about the other thing

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Guess who's averaging 20 points a game while Knight and Bledsoe have been out, that's right, that old last pick on my team, Archie Goodwin. Who's a GM now motherfuckers

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
So after about a year, how do you guys like your team in retrospect so far?

I'm still loving my starting lineup. Dennis/Hood/Gordon/Horford/Gobert.

I stole McCollum at pick 159. 159!!

Kanter is solid off of the bench for offense, still poo poo on defense but he's proven to be a really effective offensive center this year.

The rest of my team is sort of whatever. Dougie McBuckets is interesting, Cody Zeller is just a Bench Big, Nene and Varejao can just be injured enforcers and Bog Bog still hasn't came over yet.

Count Mippipopolous
Apr 10, 2008

No regrets

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

My team didn't have a great 2nd half, relatively speaking. They were looking great in the first half, but faded a little. Booker shot .287 from 3 point range after the all-star break compared with over 40% at the break. Teams seemed to really turn up the hacking on Drummond mid-season, which affected his scoring stats. He kept getting all the rebounds, though, and playing great defense.

Derrick Favors and Kemba Walker had great years, though, and J.J. Redick just kept doing his thing. I hope Walker continues to make steps forward and Favors showing he can fill-in at center is a boon to the team.

Cole Aldrich posted a 21.3 PER (thanks to a career high in FG%) in limited time this year, so it's nice he isn't the complete waste of oxygen off the bench a lot of people perceive him to be. His blocks per 36 minutes blocks were 3.1. Patty Mills showed he's a competent point guard off the bench after being a shooting disaster in '14-'15.

If this were real life, I'd be hitting the pavement hard to find a small forward and using my guards to try to make a deal.

Stats (taken from the BR leaderboards)
Kemba Walker - 20th in ppg, 20th in spg, 13th in offensive win shares, 16th in box plus/minus, 12th in VORP
Redick - 3rd in true shooting pct, 7th in to percentage, 12th in offensive ratin
Mike Dunleavy, jr - Not Dead Yet
Favors - 18th in bpg/block percentage, 20th in PER
Drummond - 1st in rpg/rebound percentage, 6th in defensive rating, 3rd in defensive win shares

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I have Brad Stevens and Steph Curry so my team is still really good.

Please do not look at the rest of the roster and just assume everything is fine.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Deadbeat Dad posted:

So after about a year, how do you guys like your team in retrospect so far?

I'm still loving my starting lineup. Dennis/Hood/Gordon/Horford/Gobert.

I stole McCollum at pick 159. 159!!

Kanter is solid off of the bench for offense, still poo poo on defense but he's proven to be a really effective offensive center this year.

The rest of my team is sort of whatever. Dougie McBuckets is interesting, Cody Zeller is just a Bench Big, Nene and Varejao can just be injured enforcers and Bog Bog still hasn't came over yet.

I didnt think my team would be this good.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

paul pierce was not an inspired choice, but the rest of my starting five is very good, i have saric coming over and d'angelo russell looks like he could be a star

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
My point guard situation is :gonk: but the future looks bright with Wiggins Jabari parsons and Jokic

Also BOBAN

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I have Kyle Anderson, Kawhi Leonard and Norman Powell and Gregg Popovich, the best coach in NBA history, but I really should've taken Kristaps.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
My team's got no future and honestly no real present but Jimmy Butler stayed good so A+ for me

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
My 15th man scored 20ppg when he was unleashed this year. Hezonja is going to EXPLODE when Skiles has an ischemic attack and is replaced by Patrick Ewing. Dante Exum will be a star someday. My third center is Myles Turner. My team is cheap, versatile, and will be all time great. I'm the master of basket ball, now I can retire with dignity.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
By the way, i've only seen the spreadsheet for up to the ASG. Did someone make one showing the results of the first season altogether?

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
I stuck to my guns all draft on a five-year outlook, trading back to stockpile picks in the middle rounds with an eye on high-upside guys that would look like steals by 2018, so I knew this season would be rugged, but...this is dismaying by any standard.

Picks by round:
1) Nerlens Noel: Hard to judge based on the dumpster fire that was Philly 2015-16, but an uninspired year. Only 21 and a change of scenery might help. The worst PER of any first-round pick, and at this point arguably the worst value in the draft. Either I take the 5-year view here or just throw myself into traffic
2) Tobias Harris: One of the "bright spots", i.e. a dying firefly at the bottom of a Honey Bucket. Boosted by the Detroit trade. Modest improvement, most notably on D.
3) Tyreke Evans: Injuries killed Evans' year, as he only played 25 games this season.
3) Andre Iguodala: Predictably solid.
4) Julius Randle: Pretty happy here as well. Averaged a double-double in under 30 mpg at 21, even on a bad team I think this will look good a year from now.
4) Ben McLemore: The equivalent of an airballed free throw. I thought he'd turn the corner this season aaaaaand neh. Fourth-round pick here everybody, fourth (4th)
5) Josh Smith: Incredibly enough, turns out when you draft Josh Smith, you get Josh Smith
5) Rodney Stuckey: see Josh Smith

Bench rotation rounded out by David Lee, Mo Williams, Jerryd Bayless, Chris Copeland, Seth Curry, none of whom really did jackshit. My only real coup was future HOF coach Billy Donovan :confuoot: but as of right now I have the worst roster in the league and I don't think it's very close. ONWARDS AND UPWARDS, VISIGOTHS

Edit: llllllllllllol from August 1, two thousand fifteen ay dee

rivetz posted:

At the end of the day, the team rises or falls off the assumption that of Noel, Harris, McLemore and Randle, at least two become top-ten players at their positions over the next 3 seasons (I genuinely believe three of them will, actually.)
:allears:

rivetz posted:

We're not winning anything next season,
first sensible thing you've said yet

rivetz posted:

but I see Nerlens Noel becoming a perennial All-Star,

rivetz posted:

Harris and McLemore becoming reliable 20ppg scorers
ok, well hey, why not stop right there

rivetz fucked around with this message at 22:36 on May 27, 2016

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Looks like Saric and Bertans are coming over so the Undead and the Ninos get a little more help on the bench.

Now I just need Robert Upshaw to get clean and at least do a better job of pretending to be clean (and also get better at basketball).

tadashi fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jun 29, 2016

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I think I might have hosed up with Kaminsky and Olynyk, but otherwise I think my team was really solid. Definitely the kind of team LeBron could drag to a title

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
My only regret is not drafting Embiid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Here are the real life end of the year stats for everybody from Basketball-Reference. I pulled the standard and advanced stats. There's a draft tab which has all the teams and then the team tabs start after the standard and advanced stats pages.

You can only view the pages because I was worried about someone messing up my precious formulas and I don't really have to energy to go back through and re-copy and re-paste all the tabs as values instead of formulas.

http://bit.ly/29bEVkZ

tadashi fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jul 1, 2016

• Locked thread