Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SuperSlacker
Mar 11, 2007

Hello everyone. Old geezer here looking to possibly get back into YuGiOh. I've been keeping up with the current meta and been considering monarchs. Is domain monarch still viable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

SuperSlacker posted:

Hello everyone. Old geezer here looking to possibly get back into YuGiOh. I've been keeping up with the current meta and been considering monarchs. Is domain monarch still viable?

Now more than ever with Links on the way.
They have been hit though so they arent as rock solid consistent as they used to be.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Speaking of, are there any good extra deck-focused decks that haven't been effectively neutered by Links? (rip my tellarknights and dinomists :()

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
What on earth are we going to replace Elder Nordon and all our instant fusions with?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Don't Tellarknights just turbo Triverr? You can still do that just fine. Fluffals have evidently come out of the change well enough to top decently-sized tournaments in OCG a couple of times. IMO how neutered most decks are is overstated massively, anyway.

A deck that I'll single out as being almost completely untouched (without needing to put Links in, which isn't that hard of an option in most cases) is Resonators, since they ladder one Synchro really far and largely only summon others via revival from the GYgrave.

E: If you want other Instant Fusion targets, Panzer Dragon can pop a card, Thousand-Eyes Restrict is also removal, Sea Monster of Theseus can replace Xyz tech with Synchro tech, and Rare Fish can assist in making Bahamut Shark where Norden was being used for that. Replacing Instant Fusion itself obviously varies from deck to deck, it's just another spot or three for staples/techs.

E2: Oh, also Raidjin can flip itself to not die in EP.

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jun 14, 2017

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Any deck that can adequately swarm the field, like Tellarknights and Dinomists, can go into Links just as easily as anything. Just abuse the new mechanics to breathe new life into your existing decks.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

New cards, including Six Samurai support, with a Fusion monster? Well alright then.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I mentioned this in the Discord already, but visually, these new Six Sams don't seem to fit the archetype at all.

They're too anime-ish, if that makes sense?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

So did that Mecha Phantom Beast card turn out to be nothing or what?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

The MPB and NK cards haven't been revealed yet. I'm not sure if the official site is replacing VJump, but if not, that's still to come (I think?) and might have news, or it will be revealed later.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
BLS going to 3 makes me want to dust off the old chaos dragons deck for some horrible losing fun!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Mecha Phantom Beast Raiten
Level 4 WIND Machine-Type Effect Monster
ATK 1500
DEF 1500
(1) You can discard 1 card; Special Summon 1 “Mecha Phantom Beast Token” (Machine/WIND/Level 3/ATK 0/DEF 0), also, for the rest of this turn, you cannot use monsters (other than “Mecha Phantom Beast” monsters) as Material for a Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, or Link Summon.
(2) This card’s Level is increased by the total Levels of all “Mecha Phantom Beast Tokens” you control.
(3) While you control a Token, this card cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects.

Well, it's fine. It's OK. It's... really not what the deck wanted. It's a worse Tetherwolf in most situations. I'm not a fan.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

As a huge proponent of WIND/Synchro, I wish Konami would just stop with the Mecha Phantom Beast support.

The deck has been screwed up since day one, and they're never going to make it good.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

All it needs is a themed quick-play Foolish Burial that also summons a token and a second good level 3. Not this.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dabir posted:

Mecha Phantom Beast Raiten
Level 4 WIND Machine-Type Effect Monster
ATK 1500
DEF 1500
(1) You can discard 1 card; Special Summon 1 “Mecha Phantom Beast Token” (Machine/WIND/Level 3/ATK 0/DEF 0), also, for the rest of this turn, you cannot use monsters (other than “Mecha Phantom Beast” monsters) as Material for a Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, or Link Summon.
(2) This card’s Level is increased by the total Levels of all “Mecha Phantom Beast Tokens” you control.
(3) While you control a Token, this card cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects.

Well, it's fine. It's OK. It's... really not what the deck wanted. It's a worse Tetherwolf in most situations. I'm not a fan.

Just give that new NK already Konami

Redchaostry
Nov 27, 2008
Bakura is annoying hard to farm. I might just have to stick to his 30 as all the 40 decks have failed pretty regularly for me.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I just gave up. I he has almost nothing interesting to offer.

Redchaostry
Nov 27, 2008
I finally found a deck that I am having reasonable success with against 40 Bakura.

Deck is follows:
Skill: Life Point Booster Alpha

Leotaur x2
Hunter with 7 weapons x3
Iron Blacksmith Kotetsu x2
Blue Eyes White Dragon x1
Piranha Army x1
Wicked-Breaking Flamberge x3
Gravedigger Ghoul x3
Pot of Benevolence x2
Riryoku x1
Gift of the Martyr x1
Embodiment of Apophis x1

From the reddit user that made it.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
There was no NK support after all :sigh:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

There was no NK support after all :sigh:

Sawatari decided who got support.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Senerio posted:

Sawatari decided who got support.

Yeah, well gently caress you Sawatari. At least I remain faithful to my cards :colbert:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
No NK support? Well darn, that sucks. Its a fun lil archetype with great artwork.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

At least they didn't get a card that's basically just a worse version of a card the deck already had. Raiten barely even feels like a MPB, it's clearly just 'Make a generic Link: the card' but there's barely anything it can even summon cause there's like one generic Link aaaaaa

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

At least Wind is getting their version of Missus Radiant/Mastar Boy within the next four sets.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I don't think any of the Link counterparts is going to surpass Mastar Boy in quality though.

I mean look at that artwork. He looks hilarious. Mastar Boy is such a silly name too. I love this card.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I figure the attribute Link retrains are gonna follow a cycle. Missus Radiant buffs EARTH and debuffs WIND, Mastar Boy is +WATER, -FIRE, so we're gonna get LIGHT/DARK next, then +WIND, then +FIRE.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

AlphaKretin posted:

I figure the attribute Link retrains are gonna follow a cycle. Missus Radiant buffs EARTH and debuffs WIND, Mastar Boy is +WATER, -FIRE, so we're gonna get LIGHT/DARK next, then +WIND, then +FIRE.

See, I figured it was following a different cycle. COTD gave us Missus and had a new Spellbook card, and Spellbooks debuted in ROTD, an EARTH Booster.

Mastar Boy is in CIBU, which had a new Mermail, which was from ABYR, a WATER pack.

If my theory and the pattern holds up, we'll get a Fire Fist and the FIRE Link retrain in the next set.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The type atk booster mons getting retrained into link monsters is my favorite thing.

Come on swordfly

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
http://twitter.com/ygorganization/status/884953426731446272

I don't think anyone saw this one coming.

Now, could you please give some Link support to NK Konami? Pretty Please?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

You all are missing out on the way more exciting Duel Links hype where Red-Eyes, Fire-King and Naturia support getting dropped feels new and exciting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
New Thread: here

• Locked thread