Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.
what in the loving poo poo is this thread about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO
somehow, deep down in my heart, i knew all of this even before watching a full episode

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

what in the loving poo poo is this thread about

Rick and Morty I think..Aww poo poo have I been having another seizure?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

SHUT THE gently caress UP ABOUT MOONMEN

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Lookit it's Jemaine from Flight of the Conchords, which I also like. :colbert:

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Why yes my username is the same as an autistic alien who looks like a 9 year old from an anime, why do ask?
:nyoron:

i love this

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Agreed.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I can't stand how the scientist guy makes a throw-up sound all the time and constantly has vomit around his mouth.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
theyre bad

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO

Nagato posted:

i love this

hes a badas* who doesnt give a f*uck

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Pirate Jet posted:

talking about this in the TVIV thread will get you banned lol

Posting in TVIV should be an auto-ban imo

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
OP is bad and fag and gay

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I watched an episode of Rick and Morty and it was bad, then I watched another and it was good

that's my story of Rick and Morty

The Dennis System posted:

I can't stand how the scientist guy makes a throw-up sound all the time and constantly has vomit around his mouth.

yeah also he says Morty after every few words Morty

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

King Vidiot posted:

yeah also he says Morty after every few words Morty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Gtc4DHYvc0

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Mr. Meeseeks please bust my union

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
R-r-rickety-rickety-rekt son

sout
Apr 24, 2014

thathonkey posted:

R-r-rickety-rickety-rekt son

don't be rickdiculous.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

gently caress you op

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
rick and morty 100 days

https://www.rickandmorty.com forever

adventures 100 years rick and morty

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Mr. Meeseeks please bust my union

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Scaramouche posted:

Same news but with more butthurt from the company owners (including some quotes from the deleted Reddit posts):
http://www.cartoonbrew.com/artist-rights/rick-and-morty-co-creator-justin-roiland-gently caress-the-union-103723.html

lol dan 'my views are left of chomksy' harmon

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Pirate Jet posted:

talking about this in the TVIV thread will get you banned lol

TVIV Mods: extremely anti-union and children's clothing.

Faux Mulder
Aug 1, 2014

just gonna do whatever I want to do, all the time

new episodes both loving owned

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Sleeveless posted:

The guys who make Rick and Morty tried to use shell corporations to get out of having to buy healthcare for their employees or give them a raise after the show was renewed, for all their posturing about being subversive outsider artists they're just as lame as Jerry.

Also when they were called out it they said it's because they just plum couldn't afford it, then a month later one of them got married and threw an extravagant wedding where they rented out an entire museum just for the hell of it.

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
When I first saw this raunchy, terribly animated short parody of Back to the Future on youtube about 8 years ago, I would have never thought it would become what it is today. And in all that time, youtube has still never removed a video that has a full blown cock and balls just hanging out.

NSFW https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbTlK3perdI NSFW

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Twelve Batmans posted:

When I first saw this raunchy, terribly animated short parody of Back to the Future on youtube about 8 years ago, I would have never thought it would become what it is today. And in all that time, youtube has still never removed a video that has a full blown cock and balls just hanging out.

NSFW https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbTlK3perdI NSFW

You know they made an SA front page article into a show right? Welcome to the modern age.

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

Also the Pupils are scribbles because that is the way Justin drew it in the storyboards for the first channel 101 episodes and he wanted the show some qualities of those original drawings.

Rick and Morty is a good show in my opinion. and The art is pretty cool, and you all are entitled to your opinions hth. But i would encourage you to watch it because there are two goons artists working on it, Me and and a poster named Asile.

Typical fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jul 7, 2015

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

The Dennis System posted:

I like it a lot because I know there are people out there who are genuinely bothered by it and that = swagger in my mind.

Typical posted:

and the artists were treated well before we went union.

By treated well you mean no health coverage and working at rates that were about 30% under what union shops get, for a season and a half, with efforts to make it two seasons if at all possible, which only changed under threat of strike.

Also I searched around online and it's not just one news source "spinning" things, that narrative is pretty close to consensus, with only deleted Reddit posts from the creators and some replies from idiotic Reddit fanboys really differing.

In the future I'd suggest the creators say they were caught up with day-to-day production of the show and got behind on labor talks with staff, and that in the end they're fine with the union coming in and helping to keep priorities straight, that they're new at this, etc etc, instead of sticking to their guns about "spin" and union "strong arming." It's more grown up and less likely to cause future enmity with the union, now that that's a done deal, and probably good for all involved anyway.

Good cartoon I like it.

raton fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jul 7, 2015

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Faux Mulder posted:

new episodes both loving owned

I didn't know about new episodes

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Typical posted:

Look at this guy right here, believing this over sensationalized BS about my studio. That's just the information that was published on cartoon brew to give the story and edgy spin and make it seem like the artist were getting shafted. the truth of us going union is infact much more boring and anti climactic than you could have ever imagined. and the artists were treated well before we went union. but that doesn't really fit the "abused artist" narrative so they had to hype it up.

Also the Pupils are scribbles because that is the way Justin drew it in the storyboards for the first channel 101 episodes and he wanted the show some qualities of those original drawings.

Rick and Morty is a good show in my opinion. and The art is pretty cool, and you all are entitled to your opinions hth. But i would encourage you to watch it because there are two goons artists working on it, Me and and a poster named Asile.

I'm pretty sure the powers that be don't appreciate their prop designer guy openly posting about wages and union disputes, even on a dead gay forum like this one.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Are you passive aggressively threatening to get him fired or something?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sleeveless posted:

I'm pretty sure the powers that be don't appreciate their prop designer guy openly posting about wages and union disputes, even on a dead gay forum like this one.

Who gives a poo poo it's not like any sensitive information was passed on.

Also Rick n Morty is pretty great as is Bojack Horseman.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Cowman posted:

I didn't know about new episodes

they leaked and people pirated them

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
It's more like why bother?

thathonkey fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jul 7, 2015

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Are you passive aggressively threatening to get him fired or something?

No, it's just between him and IanJ in the Steven Universe thread I'm kind of amazed that so many "professionals" keep taking the bait and openly jumping into GBS slapfights about their cartoon shows. The fact that they not only use the same accounts they use to promote the show in TVIV but openly identify themselves and their roles jist makes it that much more ridiculously unprofessional.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I think Sleeveless is getting sick and damned tired of all the unprofessional TV animators in this thread.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
He's right it's a really bad idea and in that light it's more of a gentle "hey don't do this dumbo" than some kind of angry threat.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Pretty sure no employer cares if their employee says 'hey that union poo poo was overblown and isn't a big deal.'

There's industry people posting work poo poo all the time in various subforums and it's fine as long as they don't say anything they aren't supposed to.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Sleeveless posted:

No, it's just between him and IanJ in the Steven Universe thread I'm kind of amazed that so many "professionals" keep taking the bait and openly jumping into GBS slapfights about their cartoon shows. The fact that they not only use the same accounts they use to promote the show in TVIV but openly identify themselves and their roles jist makes it that much more ridiculously unprofessional.

yea how dare an animator on a cartoon post here anonymously. gbs is a no fun zone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Kikka posted:

for me its when i turn to adult swim at 10:30 pm monday and a flood of rotten poo poo comes through my tv

likes dr who and pays for cable

what a dumb idiot

• Locked thread