Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fivethree
Jul 28, 2014
http://www.stltoday.com/news/national/burt-shavitz-the-burt-behind-burt-s-bees-dies-at/article_69bc8da5-32ea-5e18-b2cf-e656b965e14a.html

quote:

Shavitz was a hippie making a living by selling honey when his life was altered by a chance encounter with a hitchhiking Roxanne Quimby. She was a single mother and a back-to-the-lander who impressed Shavitz with her ingenuity and self-sufficiency.

In the 1980s she began making products from his beeswax, and they became partners.

The business partnership ended after Quimby moved the company to North Carolina in 1994. The company continued to expand, but Shavitz moved back to Maine. He has said he was forced out after having an affair with an employee. In 2007, Clorox purchased Burt's Bees for $925 million.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008
Long live the burt

InvincibleMadHouse
Jan 19, 2009

by Ralp
I thought that was bakunin on the box

fivethree
Jul 28, 2014
question is will they keep selling chapstick? one stick of their chapstick is literally a half hour of work at my wage.

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

fivethree posted:

question is will they keep selling chapstick? one stick of their chapstick is literally a half hour of work at my wage.

they're like $2.50 apiece, what are you a migrant worker?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Thought this was gonna be Burt Reynolds because that dude's starting to look like a dried up turd on a bad stretch of road.

HENGRY BUNG
Jan 15, 2015

op you cant just say burt is dead, this isn't the most important burt out there

Nickelback Concert
Apr 28, 2015

Cthulu Carl posted:

Thought this was gonna be Burt Reynolds because that dude's starting to look like a dried up turd on a bad stretch of road.

Unless it's him, I don't give a poo poo.

Burt is a stone-cold pimp.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
I guess natural living ain't all it's cracked up to be, huh hippy scum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
rip to him

• Locked thread