Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
congratulations britain now you have a series of tubes guy too

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
This seems like a bad idea considering online banking and all.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Robo Reagan posted:

congratulations britain now you have a series of tubes guy too

wtf lmao

good luck idiot

next time he reads SA he will really be schooled by this thread

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Top City Homo posted:

wtf lmao

good luck idiot

next time he reads SA he will really be schooled by this thread

David Cameron is something awful admin Ralp. It is pretty obvious if you think about it.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
who gets buried in crypts anymore anyway when like me u can be cleaned down to a skeleton by the holy carrion of the himilayas

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
whenever british people give americans poo poo about bush, remind them that they have winners like david cameron and tony blair

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
poor people don't deserve privacy :wotwot:

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
but he said that he doesn't want to outlaw ALL encryption, just the kinds that are hard to break

so if your encryption is easy to break you can use it!!! that's cool right? what a nice human being he is

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

terminator 2 and aliens were good, but i think encryption is useful somehow so maybe he is wrong about it?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
o, hsu

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
britain you're quickly becoming a caricature of yourself

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

i never knew a whole country could go senile before I started following british news

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
brits, why on EARTH did you elect this guy?

haha oh wait you guys don't actually get to vote for your leader, you have the oligarchs in parliament to make the hard decisions for you -- carry on then, i am sure they have your best interests in mind and won't sell you out :angel:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

ashgromnies posted:

haha oh wait you guys don't actually get to vote for your leader, you have the oligarchs in parliament to make the hard decisions for you -- carry on then, i am sure they have your best interests in mind and won't sell you out :angel:

not if the buyer wants to use a credit card anyway

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

ashgromnies posted:

but he said that he doesn't want to outlaw ALL encryption, just the kinds that are hard to break

so if your encryption is easy to break you can use it!!! that's cool right? what a nice human being he is

my rot13 banking startup has a target market now. nice.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
Lowtax already outlawed it on the forums by letting the ssl certificate expire and not bothering to get a new one.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

ashgromnies posted:

Because the alternative guy would've done the same if David Cameron had said he was a pussy for not doing it.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
in britain you also have to give them your password or encryption keys if they court order you to do so which is also lol as gently caress

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Yeah don't worry if you're in real trouble a secret court will just be given total access to your everything and you won't even be allowed to see what evidence is being presented against you to defend yourself.

Ours is a fine democracy.

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:

Tricky D posted:

This seems like a bad idea considering online banking and all.

The rule is that all encryption needs a backdoor put in so the govt can unlock it, if it passes it will be great watching companies like google and apple pull out of the market in protest

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I hope no american tech company would hand a back door over to the british government just because those retards can't stop electing people who are inbdred control freaks trying to bring back the monarchy

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Nice someone elected someone dumber than my country has been lately. Thanks UK for being total gently caress ups

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

hemophilia posted:

I hope no american tech company would hand a back door over to the british government just because those retards can't stop electing people who are inbdred control freaks trying to bring back the monarchy

nah they just give it to the American government, who will give it to the British, chinese hackers, etc.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

excuse me, your monarchy didn't go anywhere, I mean absolute monarchy

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

while the americans itt are laughing at the proposal because it is insane and backwards the limeys are because it ignores the obvious and more naturally british solution of simply outlawing using a computer outside the sightline of at least three security cameras

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

his movies are so good tho

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Elizabethtown ssssssssssssuuuuuuuuuucked

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
hack the planet

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
What's all the fuss? Surely if you have nothing to hide there's nothing to be concerned about :v:

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

that sounds fukkin retarded so will defo get through

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i wish david cameron would go on an expedition to the bottom of the sea

preferably in concrete overshoes instead of a bathysphere tho

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Demonachizer posted:

David Cameron is something awful admin Ralp. It is pretty obvious if you think about it.

no it's obvious that he is cameron's son

probably the most tasteless joke i've made. i'm sorry ralp. i'm sorry mom.

Jizz into Darkness
Oct 28, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

in britain you also have to give them your password or encryption keys if they court order you to do so which is also lol as gently caress

How would that even work, can't you just say you forgot your password.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

The rule is that all encryption needs a backdoor put in so the govt can unlock it, if it passes it will be great watching companies like google and apple pull out of the market in protest

any backdoor that can be used by the government can be used by China just as easily. also lol if you think that you can outlaw mathematics. encryption is like guns for nerds, they will make drat sure it gets around no matter what

UraniumFuelElement posted:

forgetting you password is a crime, though depending on what they are after you for it might makes sense anyway

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

so are iphones going to be illegal because I heard there's genuinely no way to unlock a 6 unless you know the passcode except for wiping it.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

dog buttz posted:

so are iphones going to be illegal because I heard there's genuinely no way to unlock a 6 unless you know the passcode except for wiping it.
If you don't use the fingerprint thing then yeah. The government is mad as heck about it too.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

UraniumFuelElement posted:

sure and then you go to jail for 6 months

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

sure and then you go to jail for 6 months

they should at least give you some ginkgo supplements in jail to help with the recollection

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
All British people should be murdered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amanda Huggensuck
Nov 8, 2012
Like when the British agents detained Glenn greenwalds boyfriend at Heathrow and questioned him for hours using some anti terrorist laws wtf Britain

• Locked thread