Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

a person who was presumably paid to write things received a press release about north korea's new airport from north korea's state-run media and decided to take everything at face value, posting a breathless photo-heavy blog post about how the airport "puts US airports to shame"

the original article helpfully pointed out that Supreme Leader Kim Jong Un was very involved in the airport's design, that there is plenty of room for growth, and that the airport includes some impressive "luxury touches."

presenting a north korean press release as fact is the logical conclusion of clickbait journalism and it is absolutely hilarious to me. unfortunately they have since updated the article to reflect the fact that you seriously cannot trust anything you hear from north korean state run media, so we're left with this media lite post highlighting the differences between the old and new posts:

http://www.mediaite.com/online/business-insider-updates-north-korea-puff-piece-to-reflect-reliance-on-propaganda/

edit: a screenshot of the original headline

Puppy Galaxy fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jul 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Say what you want about Kim Jong Un but he really has the practice of pointing at things down to an art. He's the supreme pointer.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
all the hot noko women seem to love hanging with him!

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
hes so hilariously deluded

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
i too would like an airport where only two people at a time can fit walking between terminals

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
what the gently caress is north korea gonna do with a loving airport omg

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Cant wait to fly there direct from the usa :911:

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal

jackyl posted:

i too would like an airport where only two people at a time can fit walking between terminals

To be fair that's one more person than will ever use that airport.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Mad Monk posted:

Say what you want about Kim Jong Un but he really has the practice of pointing at things down to an art. He's the supreme pointer.

I once suddenly felt a feeling of supreme joy and inner peace out of the blue, a brief complete nirvana. Only much later did I realize that it was the glorious leader who had pointed at a brand new atari 2000 in one of hist world-leading computer labs, which happened to lie exactly between me and his majestic presence.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
maybe some poor poo poo farmer can duct tape himself to the wing and smuggle himself into a country where he doesnt have to poke piles of dirt with sticks all day and eat bugs

Borneo Jimmy
Feb 27, 2007

by Smythe
What a shameful thing for a publication with such an illustrious history of hard hitting, award winning journalism to do.

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
Their terminal looks like the car rental desk at any other airport.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
counterpoint: the airport is bad

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

jackyl posted:

you're looking at a picture of jim jong un. six regular north Koreans could walk side by side in that

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
whats the in flight meal on North Korean airlines?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
business insider inside business pro tip: north korea is fantastic

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Borneo Jimmy posted:

What a shameful thing for a publication with such an illustrious history of hard hitting, award winning journalism to do.

Is Business Insider the one that published an article during the run-up to the Obamacare vote saying that UHC is bad because if Stephen Hawking had to deal with UHC, he'd be dead?

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

could obama win a fight against kim jong?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Cthulu Carl posted:

Is Business Insider the one that published an article during the run-up to the Obamacare vote saying that UHC is bad because if Stephen Hawking had to deal with UHC, he'd be dead?

steven hawking is from england though? i guess hes dead

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Cthulu Carl posted:

I'm pretty sure they're also the site who posts hard hitting news about stuff like, "the beard trend is SO over" and other REAL business news.

It's pretty sad that there really isn't a real business news outlet anymore. FT isn't the worst I guess?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
business insider inside business pro tip: buy low, sell high

business insider inside business pro tip: money can be exchanged for good and services

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

reddit liker posted:

counterpoint: the airport is bad

counter-couterpoint: can't be any worse than Newark

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Gay

NicelyNice
Feb 13, 2004

citrus
business insider sounds like a legit publication, even though i know better every time i click on one of their clickbait articles i'm surprised. good job choosing the name, still fooling me

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
There is quite a lot of people in the media and in social media who will pass around pictures, some real, some not so real, of foreign accomplishments and say "LOOK AT HOW SHINY THE REST OF THE WORLD'S TRAINS ARE WHILE AMERICA IS STUCK WITH CRUMBLING INFRASTRUCTURE"

I mean, if you get to pick and choose your examples, there is going to be one hospital in Paraguay that looks better than one hospital in the United States.

• Locked thread