Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
where are all these pirates fans coming from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jung Ho Kang owns.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Jose Oquendo posted:

I don't know, but I guess it's OK for now

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Nice work Bucs

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

At the risk of sounding petty, it probably has to do with your team's recent success (and cool players) and also them beating on one of the more hated teams in the league in dramatic fashion twice in a row.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Jose Oquendo posted:

i've been here for years, buccos ftw

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

At the risk of sounding petty, it probably has to do with your team's recent success (and cool players) and also them beating on one of the more hated teams in the league in dramatic fashion twice in a row.

Nah, that doesn't sound petty. I do kind of miss being one of the like three Pirates fans here, but that's what success brings

P.s. I know I say a lot of mean-spirited things and it's easy to be magnanimous in victory, but the Cards fans here* are pretty decent, if just terribly, terribly misguided about what is a good thing to cheer for

* - some exceptions apply

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
tbh due to name and avatar change I have no idea who you are, Jose Oquendo, so I regard you as a latecomer

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Jose Oquendo posted:

I started actually watching a few years ago when they stopped being the huge dumpster fire that they were my entire living memory (I'm 25). I mean maybe i'm bandwagoning these past few years but gently caress if I was gonna subject myself to that bullshit year in and year out.

Also I don't post much because I work afternoons/evenings a lot and therefore don't get to watch games much.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

ALFbrot posted:

tbh due to name and avatar change I have no idea who you are, Jose Oquendo, so I regard you as a latecomer

Joe Don Baker. Got this in a lowtax name change thread.

I kinda like getting weird looks when I root against the Cards.

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

Look Around You posted:

I started actually watching a few years ago when they stopped being the huge dumpster fire that they were my entire living memory (I'm 25). I mean maybe i'm bandwagoning these past few years but gently caress if I was gonna subject myself to that bullshit year in and year out.

Also I don't post much because I work afternoons/evenings a lot and therefore don't get to watch games much.

Pretty much me to a T, here.

I also love Kang. Wish he carried over his walkup.

EDIT: Thought this was N/V, whoops!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Jose Oquendo posted:

All aboard the bandwagon.

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Jose Oquendo posted:

I took a new job in Pittsburgh in 2013 and stayed with my grandparents during the transition. I watched nearly every game on Root with my Grandpa (who told stories about Forbes field) for the second half. I was not even a baseball fan before, though I have early memories of Three Rivers and losing to the Cubs of all teams.

So I'm probably a despicable fair weather fan in some ways, but with a heartwarming story.

Apr 7, 2003

Moxie posted:

I took a new job in Pittsburgh in 2013 and stayed with my grandparents during the transition. I watched nearly every game on Root with my Grandpa (who told stories about Forbes field) for the second half. I was not even a baseball fan before, though I have early memories of Three Rivers and losing to the Cubs of all teams.

So I'm probably a despicable fair weather fan in some ways, but with a heartwarming story.

I was a Phillies fan growing up.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Moxie posted:

Nah not at all. I wasn't trying to be a dick. It's just weird seeing new avs and names posting about the Pirates after years of the same 4 people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

Jose Oquendo posted:

Nah not at all. I wasn't trying to be a dick. It's just weird seeing new avs and names posting about the Pirates after years of the same 4 people.

Bandwagoners, the lot of them.

• Locked thread