Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Still no K's for Sale through 2 innings. In other news, god drat this game is fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Cardinals pitchers have now given up two career-first hits to pitchers in the past week. Ugh.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Cardinals going to be no-hit tonight at this rate. Way to limp to the All Star Break, guys.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Popete posted:

A little early for calling that. But God I hope so.

When's it not too early?

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Popete posted:

Now you can officially despair.

A Cardinals fan being told this by a Cubs fan. Are we certain that's a light drizzle coming down outside and not the beginning of the skies weeping blood?

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
KOLTEN loving WONG.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

tadashi posted:

loving Starlin Castro.

(That was a great play).

Shame on everyone else who didn't vote for that diminutive, show-boating double play machine in the SAS Sheep Game favorite players thread.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Popete posted:

Lackey kinda seems like a dick who likes to throw at players for perceived slights.

I had him as the odds-on favorite to drill Yordano Ventura this year in interleague.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Troy Queef posted:

You're in luck, the Cards and KC still have one more game to play (a makeup because of one of the monsoons that has hit St Louis this summer) so you can still cash out!

That's our fifth game back from the All Star Break. I assume we'll get Lyons/Cooney or Marco if he's healthy.

Unrelated, but I have good tickets to both the games right before that at the Cell. I'm hoping Matheny uses the break to buy some extra rest for the newer guys and I get to see Wacha and CarMart. Nothing against Lynn but he's started fully half of all the live Cards games I've seen the past few years.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

R.D. Mangles posted:

maybe the cubs will beat the cardinals once this year

You have a double-header against Lyons and Cooney tomorrow. Take your two wins tomorrow and try to minimize your giggling.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Oof, thanks for saving me from watching all day tomorrow. :stonk:

8 games in 7 days on the road against the Cubs and Pirates with Lyons and Cooney in the rotation at the same time. If we can avoid losing the division lead entirely I'll consider it a moral victory.

Also: Now is the time for Maness, Matheny.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

R.D. Mangles posted:

you are an insane person

Put it this way: I couldn't responsibly go to games tonight or Wednesday; I have court both days and would rather not malpract all over my clients. I saw the starters for us tomorrow and made the conscious decision to not see any live Cards/Cubs game this series rather than watch the impending train wreck tomorrow.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Nice hands by Soler there.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
This is some localized as hell rain right now. We're getting maybe a third of this much rain in Bucktown as they're getting in Wrigley.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Rain delay. Might as well prolong the misery.

Buehrle's in town. Someone get him in a cab and let him loose on the tarp to entertain the crowd.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Cubs/Cards due to start up again in ten minutes, apparently.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
That was a really efficient half inning from Siegrist. Wonder if Matheny will bring him out for the 9th as well.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Yadi's so very, very slow to have barely beaten that throw.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Scob posted:

bunt fails, wacha singles to spite matheny

Reminder that Wacha got a double his first AB. Then Boggs blew the save later that same game. Remember Mitchell Boggs as a closer? That was terrible.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Carlos Martinez: Pitches just as filthy as his Twitter feed.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Holy poo poo, that double play.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Moxie posted:

Cards bullshit.

Lot of that going around right now.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Come on Carp, be back to Good Carp for this AB please.

Yay!

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Moxie posted:

How can you people actually like the Cardinals

Are you watching the same loving game

Born & raised in west-central Illinois, watched Ozzie Smith growing up, went to law school in St. Louis.

Also, YADI.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

tarlibone posted:

I love it when Yadi steals a base. It's just so absurd.

YouTubing Yadi triples is even funnier than Paul Konerko's inside-the-park home run.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
I'm sorry Bucs fans, that is absolute bullshit.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Also I had the game on mute so I'm not sure why Clint Hurdle is mad.

Reynolds swing and miss called as a foul instead, should've been strike three, next pitch is a dinger. I love the Cards and all but that seems like a bullshit call to me.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
I wonder if Reynolds knew that he should've been out or not. I could see him thinking he made minimal contact but I could also see him just taking advantage.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

tarlibone posted:

@ the Pirates:

hahaha ha! hahahahahahahahaha!!

A bunch of Little Leaguers just got inspired: being in a run-down isn't automatically an out, and this proves it!

You were saying about Little League?

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Abel Wingnut posted:

wait what is going on now

Did Wong touch Second before advancing?

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
I can't tell from the camera angles on Fox. Even if they get the call wrong against the Cards we can't complain after that bullshit with Reynolds.

And really? In a game with our angriest starter you want to start that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

FairGame posted:

Mark Reynolds is literally the least useful hitter in this situation.

While I'm happy he didn't strike out there, a broken hand/wrist/forearm there with the lack of depth we already have would be unfortunate.

• Locked thread