Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
same-type attack bonus. A pokemon does 50% extra damage when it uses a move of its type (or one of its types in the case of dual-typed pokemans)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

But I'll be fine.

Nuebot posted:

If you leave it on you wind up with over levelled pokemon and the game becomes an absolute cakewalk. X and Y kind of bungled the difficulty curve.

Nah, the point of the new exp share was so that you could actually have this huge collection of pokes that you can use without having to stop to grind a lot. I had a rotating team of, like, 20 different duders that I was keeping around the same level and I was always one or two levels behind trainers and gym leaders, as it should be. No one having more than 4 pokemon except for the champ and your rival DOES sort of screw up the difficulty, because you always have a sheer numbers advantage otherwise, but I never really had a level advantage at least.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

But I'll be fine.
you're about to catch a diglett, you should name it feets

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

But I'll be fine.

Tofu Survivor posted:

I just don't loving get Voltorb Flip, man. Even after it was explained to me I was still never able to completely cash out on it.

If I remember right wasn't it basically just Picross Sweeper?

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

But I'll be fine.
there was a giant and a legendary pokemon that was supposed to be a big challenge but i used the power of ~friendship~ and then threw a single quick ball and I caught it and then I beat up a man with a weird beard and then I became the champ and spent the rest of my days tending my berry farm

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

But I'll be fine.
even though XY didn't have a huge postgame, the looker story after the E4 is legitimately the best thing, story-wise, to come out of the pokemon franchise

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

But I'll be fine.

Silegna posted:

I...never did that. Was it long? Was it really that good?

It was about 2 hours and was a genuinely adorable and heartwarming, self-contained story. It's also the only place in the game where you can see a whimsicott, which threw me for a loop because I didn't know it had gained Fairy typing

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

But I'll be fine.
in gen 1 it was okay! But then its special went to defense and the rest is history

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

But I'll be fine.
my favorite bit about that was that even after the physical/special split Flareon couldn't learn the strongest physical fire move for two full generations. Meanwhile Gyarados went from cool-looking but lackluster to an absolute monster with a weird secondary typing that it didn't get a single move from (unless it evolved from a dream magikarp, in which case it can bounce)

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

But I'll be fine.

Crosspeice posted:

Since we're speaking of teams of 6, it's time to actually fill out our team in time for the 6th leader.

So, what do you call something that'll be the Prince of the Sea for three more years?

Call him Frank imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

But I'll be fine.
get drunk at 4 am and commentate on it like the one unedited video from the mario 64 feet thread

• Locked thread