Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
now ive never actually seen these movies, but from what i understand it is something about how the time machine only works with living material so like cloth and stuff wont work.... but then the robot guy is made of metal so i dunno is it like living metal or what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
:gas:

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
arnold schwarzenegger was a very attractive naked man

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Well flesh can travel backwards in time and anything inside flesh like a metal skeleton, so they could wrap future guns in bologna and that'd work.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

living tissue over metal endoskeleton op... and liquid metal too I guess :shrug:

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
Skynet seemed advanced enough to make some robo. Sperm so if the infiltrator model had to go deep cover back in time and he knock up a few floozies it would make sense for mini HK's to burst out of mama's guts and ice the whole delivery room

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
i dont understand

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp
because magnets

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

"i need your clothes, your boots, and your motorcycle" -the terminator

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp
gehtchorrahhhssoomaahss

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I thought you had to be covered in like some conductive gel or crap like that

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

"How about the heroes have to fight a new more powerful terminator?"

-Every screenplay writer for Terminator since T2.

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
non organic material can't be transported unless it is encased in flesh

hence why they should have sent back weapons in a giant wad of meat

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
So the dong can touch the warp field, OP. This is like grade school poo poo.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Al Nipper posted:

so how do those all liquid metal robots travel through time?

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
*cool buff dude appears*

*camera pans as a perfect orb of ground beef materializes, only to collapse into a pile of grease and laser guns*

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Al Nipper posted:

Look at this guy, thinking he's smarter than Skynet. Look obviously they couldn't just grow some skin around a future bomb because skin only grows around skeletons. That's how science works.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Tooth enamel isn't made of living cells. Neither are nails or hair. So you'd come out of the time machine in miserable pain with blood pouring out of your mouth.

But you'd get a really good exfoliation.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Tooth enamel isn't made of living cells. Neither are nails or hair. So you'd come out of the time machine in miserable pain with blood pouring out of your mouth.

Eh, people pay to have coffee water shot up their rear end. We can sell this easy.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
maybe its real windy inside of the time machine so it would like tear your clothes to shreds or soemthing

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Why even bother surely Skynet is at least as smart as your average nerd and could have figured out before hand that time travel is nothing but bullshit paradoxes.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

you're right OP that was the most unrealistic part of the movies

crotchgobbler
Jul 25, 2007

im an 07 lol

Flo Cytometer posted:

gehtchorrahhhssoomaahss

The superior Arnie film.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Why even bother surely Skynet is at least as smart as your average nerd and could have figured out before hand that time travel is nothing but bullshit paradoxes.

Time travel problem number one. Please find the absolute motion of the Earth and surrounding heavenly bodies.

LOL, dun ended up 12 parsecs away, yo.

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW

AKA Pseudonym posted:

now i really want to see a Terminator sequel centered around the early days of time travel where everything is hosed up and untested

like everything they send sucks so bad so they leverage the odds by sending waves of them and john connor is on the other end dodging monstrosities phased half inside walls or exploding in chunks. while screaming, always screaming.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Please that's an after the fact technical detail. Time travel is an existential terror idea.

Option 1: There is no such thing as free will we are completely and hopelessly locked into our fate and nothing can be changed. Anything you do in the past or future was going to happen anyway.

Option 2: Infinite iterations of everything and nothing are happening, have happened and will happen. Any action is meaningless because it already happened an infinite number of times exactly like that.

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012
The terminators are actually metal robots. Their flesh...

...is their clothes!

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
whats the name of the sexy young terminator from the tv show...

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Al Nipper posted:

now i really want to see a Terminator sequel centered around the early days of time travel where everything is hosed up and untested

like everything they send sucks so bad so they leverage the odds by sending waves of them and john connor is on the other end dodging monstrosities phased half inside walls or exploding in chunks. while screaming, always screaming.

that would be a prequel, not a sequel, friend

but i would crowdsource this

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Please that's an after the fact technical detail. Time travel is an existential terror idea.

Option 1: There is no such thing as free will we are completely and hopelessly locked into our fate and nothing can be changed. Anything you do in the past or future was going to happen anyway.

Option 2: Infinite iterations of everything and nothing are happening, have happened and will happen. Any action is meaningless because it already happened an infinite number of times exactly like that.

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

haha cool

king salmon
Oct 30, 2011

by Cowcaster
arnold just took his clothes off and they had to keep shooting

now its canon

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
because then we can have a cool scene with arnold wrecking some bikers and taking their clothes shotgun and bike

and a bag of holding with thousands of shells in it apparently

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

if you don't have your dong out to help navigate the timestreams, you might destroy the universe

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I'm not sure if it shows but I hate time travel.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Bill Paxton getting his first taste of TriFecta Death.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Hollywood needs to accept that everyone in the movies has perfect teeth and go with it. Painting one black with a sharpie is just not cutting it.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
i found pictures of the young terminator and shes very beautiful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
yeah why doesnt your hair fall out too

who knows op lol. and furthermore, why would time give a gently caress what you are. all it can "tell" is what youre made of, and pretty much everything would qualify. poo poo, most clothes were at one point living

• Locked thread