Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HollywoodDialysis
Jan 19, 2005

not doing nothing
Grimey Drawer
I know GBS likes tattoos and raising awareness so I wanted to share this.

http://toprightnews.com/if-you-see-someone-with-a-semicolon-on-their-body-this-is-what-it-really-means/

quote:

According to IJR, in 2013, Bluel tragically lost her father to suicide. She wanted to honor her father as well as raise awareness for mental health issues.

So she founded a non-profit organization named Project Semicolon. The goal of the project is to restore hope and confidence in people who are troubled by addiction, depression, self-harm, and suicide.

The non-profit encourages these people to draw or tattoo a semicolon on their wrist.

When will you be getting yours?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

i love punctuation but i hate people so i will be having my semicolon tattoo removed

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
“A semicolon is used when an author could’ve chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life.”

lol no semicolon in those sentences

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
wow this should make firearm purchase denial a quicker process

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

gnarlyhotep posted:

“A semicolon is used when an author could’ve chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life.”

That's actually super annoying. Those sentences are like the textbook example of where to use a semicolon.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
fucken stupid depressed retards

ohh look at me my dad killed himself so instead of getting on with my life and cherishing the good memories i'm gonna get a fucken whiteboard pen and put some archaic punctuation mark on my wrist boo hoo

h_double
Jul 27, 2001
It makes a nice visual reminder to cut down the road, not across the street.

EDIT: gonna tattoo an umlaut on the back of my hand so when I rage-punch a steel doorframe it's that much more metal.

h_double fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jul 6, 2015

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

like semicolons, awareness campaigns are used incompetently by most people, so it's p fitting i guess

Oh Hell No fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jul 6, 2015

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

gnarlyhotep posted:

that makes life sound like a courtroom sentence which is funny considering this is about people who don't want to live

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
I'm so glad the crazy people are going out of their way to make themselves easier to identify

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
Hitler would have loved this idea

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

dog buttz posted:

that makes life sound like a courtroom sentence which is funny considering this is about people who don't want to live
You know what they say. The world is a prison, and nobody gets out alive.

Except like Buzz Aldrin and a couple dozen other dudes, I guess.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

down n out posted:

Hitler would have loved this idea

The yellow stars are next :keke:

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
poor bluel
e:some of those look kind of like sperms which is funny to me. ha ha

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
her name reminds me of buell, who made really cool streetfighter motorcycles until they went under. of course their parent company was harley loving davidson so they cut them to focus more on marketing their stupid overpriced piles of trash motprcycles

Enfield fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jul 6, 2015

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I got a semicolon tattoo to commemorate my colectomy, please find a different symbol for your thing

Flavahbeast fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jul 6, 2015

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

they should do that with a razor blade

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Shockyourmonkey posted:

I know GBS likes tattoos and raising awareness so I wanted to share this.

http://toprightnews.com/if-you-see-someone-with-a-semicolon-on-their-body-this-is-what-it-really-means/

When will you be getting yours?

how the gently caress did you ever think GBS likes raising awareness gently caress you die

Golden Gate Bride
Oct 23, 2008
knife to meet you
doesn't cover the cut marks that well, otherwise pretty cool

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Thinking this through, who would ever see one of these people with a weird tattoo on their arm and actually say OH GOSH WHAT A NIFTY TATTOO TELL ME ALL ABOUT WHY YOU HAVE IT OH GEE MY AWARENESS HAS TOTALLY BEEN RAISED

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
tl;dr drink yourself to death asap

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Flesh Forge posted:

Thinking this through, who would ever see one of these people with a weird tattoo on their arm and actually say OH GOSH WHAT A NIFTY TATTOO TELL ME ALL ABOUT WHY YOU HAVE IT OH GEE MY AWARENESS HAS TOTALLY BEEN RAISED

generally if you want to embarass someone you can ask what their tattoos mean hth

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
WWJD bracelets

purity rings

Livestrong

uh

too many fads to name

people are dumb

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

i tattoo pictures of interesting food i've eaten all over my body

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Flesh Forge posted:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i got the most important moments of my life converted into story boards then had those tattoo'd on my back and chest

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

i met a guy in austin, tx who had a badass & tattoo on his arm.

i'm envious of him

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
their tattoos are upside down

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Commie NedFlanders posted:

i met a guy in austin, tx who had a badass & tattoo on his arm.

i'm envious of him

what kind of badass and what kind of tattoo?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
His rear end was literally bad, as in defective

have some sympathy dude

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Machai posted:

what kind of badass and what kind of tattoo?

If only he'd learned to use punctuation!

phobo
Aug 7, 2008
Raise awareness of deez nutz!

HollywoodDialysis
Jan 19, 2005

not doing nothing
Grimey Drawer

Lil Peeler posted:

how the gently caress did you ever think GBS likes raising awareness gently caress you die

:bernget:

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

my & tattoo signifies that instead of ending the sentence i intend to add a whole bunch more names first

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:
Why aren't they holding an egg for all the seaman to swim to :confused:

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
good, once they all have the semicolon tattoo we can round them up easily.

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
This should be the symbol for the obese fuckers who get part of their guts taken out to stop from eating themselves to death.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
underline your semicolon OP

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

INTERROBANG 4 LYFF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
a buddy of mine blew his own head off and i know with absolute certainty if you resurrected him and showed him a tattoo like that his exact statement would be "human being"

• Locked thread