Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Yeah, I was just about to post that this is a Christian organization. They don't stress it, but they obviously identified it as one so take that as you will.

I have tattoos about my bipolar. I was slightly manic when I got them so probably a poor decision, but gently caress it. You'd all probably call me a fag or something but I don't give a gently caress anymore. Especially goon opinions. :haw:

This semicolon thing seems pretty stupid though and even their definition of it doesn't make much sense to me.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jul 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Steinfeld
Dec 25, 2012
Permanent slacktivism lmao

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i have one tattoo for each of my mental illnesses

h_double
Jul 27, 2001

Flavahbeast posted:

I got a semicolon tattoo to commemorate my colectomy, please find a different symbol for your thing

Heritage not self-hate.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014

Enfield posted:

i have one tattoo for each of my mental illnesses

not enough apparently

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Champenema posted:

not enough apparently

not enough what? skin? im lolling over here

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
most of my skin has been scraped off my rear end and back and stapled to other parts of my body so i can only get tattoos on my forehead or left forearm

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yeah, I could use some more skin real estate for that. I have like, 5 or so official mental diagnoses. Or small tattoos.

Like a semicolon. :rolleyes:

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
yeah but there's gotta be intact taint flesh; u just need to extra tip your tatt artist

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
next i'm going to buy this save the tatas shirt to raise awareness about breast cancer

shirt is $15, CEO gets 5, organization gets $9.5, boob doctors get .50

if you don't buy one you hate women

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
luckily i dont need tattos to advertise how deranged i am my horrible twitching pink corpse communicates thinhs just fine but i used to have a really nice half sleeve and i miss it sometimes

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
God tatoo'd me with psoriasis. Pretty lousy work I must say.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Ramsus posted:

wow this should make firearm purchase denial a quicker process

lol

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
What the gently caress that's the dumbest message i've ever heard in my loving life why does it assume that if you have a mental illness you're constantly choosing not to end your life more than any other person jesus christ.

:psyduck:

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
Life is a sentence, sort of like a jail tern

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
yeah a death sentence

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

gnarlyhotep posted:

that was from the people who are doing this tattoo poo poo you moron

chill gman i got that i was aggroing them not u. that's why it was in quotations marks after all

goons get so salty when punctuation is involved

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

gonna get a sarcmark tattoo to represent my 'life'

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Improper use of the semicolon is epidemic in the undergrad papers I have to mark so I'm glad people are finally taking it seriously but honestly a tattoo is a bit much to raise grammar awareness. Also all common tattoo designs move in generational fads, my uncle has a barbed wire tattoo around his arm which was apparently cool when he was a teen, so lol at making permanent decisions when fashion is fleeting and transitory by design.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Semicolons are garbage-tier punctuation. Emdashes and ellipses are pro-tier punctuation.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i struggle w/narcissism and attention seeking behavior so i get tattoos about my hosed up stupid brain.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
punctuation is for carehard bitches in general

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
and on my other wrist i got a tattoo of the van halen logo because eddie fuckin rips man

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

shiksa posted:

and on my other wrist i got a tattoo of the van halen logo because eddie fuckin rips man

frickin sweet

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Also slit wrist scars and cigarette burns are cheaper and do an even better job of raising awareness for mental illness.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
My life is more like a schwah, Ə, depends on how you can handle a dipthong

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Moon Atari posted:

Also slit wrist scars and cigarette burns are cheaper and do an even better job of raising awareness for mental illness.

awesome!

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Moon Atari posted:

Or habitual drunkenness. My slit wrist scar and cigarette burns are all alcohol-related.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Or habitual drunkenness. My slit wrist scar and cigarette burns are all alcohol-related.

I don't want to ruin your day, but habitual drunkenness of a level that causes that is probably pretty closely related to mental illness.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Moon Atari posted:

Also all common tattoo designs move in generational fads, my uncle has a barbed wire tattoo around his arm which was apparently cool when he was a teen, so lol at making permanent decisions when fashion is fleeting and transitory by design.

This is true. gently caress, look at the tribal tattoos. That's almost an immediate indicator of a douche now. I feel bad for them because they were cool for a time. I guess. When I get tattoos they mean something to me. They don't have to be a crazy work of art, just some simple thing. I don't even know why I get them. Well I suppose I do. I only get them when I'm manic and I wasn't medicated all last month until.... well tonight I'm finally going to take my new meds. Lots of bad decisions last month. Ah well.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Same.

Moon Atari posted:

I don't want to ruin your day, but habitual drunkenness of a level that causes that is probably pretty closely related to mental illness.

Same.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Moon Atari posted:

I prefer the term "differently sane," thank you very much.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
Slame

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
What about "Damaged" in script on the forehead?

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

extra stout posted:

a buddy of mine blew his own head off and i know with absolute certainty if you resurrected him and showed him a tattoo like that his exact statement would be "human being"

Prolly okay that such an rear end in a top hat is dead, then

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Yeah, I could use some more skin real estate for that. I have like, 5 or so official mental diagnoses. Or small tattoos.

Like a semicolon. :rolleyes:

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
Why does a man have "endometriosis" and "ovarian cysts" tattooed on him?

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Squiggle posted:

Prolly okay that such an rear end in a top hat is dead, then

Uh, maybe society was the rear end in a top hat for forcing him to repress his homosexuality until he killed himself, r-tard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Can't wait to see Three Olives new tattoo

• Locked thread