Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
did you watch it sober, op?

you gotta get them ston ed or drunk first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Demolition Man is legit good. I watched Commando earlier this week on tv :unsmith:

They don't make movies like this anymore :smith:

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.
my wife the same age as me and gets sad when she gets me to watch the old movies i never saw as a kid because i generally dont like bad movies and people hate being confronted with the fact that they had poo poo taste when they were a kid

i think i ruined OG jurassic park for her (pretty poo poo movie overall) i did get a laugh out of the fat guy slipping in poop though

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

my wife the same age as me and gets sad when she gets me to watch the old movies i never saw as a kid because i generally dont like bad movies and people hate being confronted with the fact that they had poo poo taste when they were a kid

i think i ruined OG jurassic park for her (pretty poo poo movie overall) i did get a laugh out of the fat guy slipping in poop though

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
one time she angrily asked me what movies i liked as a kid and she'd already seen alien and the pagemaster so i was like yeah thats about it what do you want from me

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

lonesomedwarf posted:

like what?????

Three seashells.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

one time she angrily asked me what movies i liked as a kid and she'd already seen alien and the pagemaster so i was like yeah thats about it what do you want from me

She should divorce you and marry me.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

The movie is really good if you see it as a child. Not anything special now

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Big draw for Jurassic Park was the cgi, and cgi just doesn't impress people now like it did then. Still a fun film if you approach it like a roller coaster (same applies to Jurassic World) but not the same experience.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

shes right jurassic park owns sorry about your taste in movies

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
Demolition man was mediocre when I saw it in the theater.

Now The Running Man, that's timeless!

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
simon says DIE

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

In the future all the restaurants are taco bell PIZZA HUT

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
You are supposed to laugh at almost everything in that movie I don't get the problem.

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

SmokaDustbowl posted:

simon says DIE

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
[yt]A loop of Stallone saying hunka-chunka for 20 minutes.[ty]

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
Millennials are like 5 years from living in the Demolition Man world. The movie reminds them that the future is loving sad.
At least we'll have Taco Bells with liquor licenses.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I heard a bunch of 18 year olds on the tram talking about how they had never seen star wars or knew anything about it, they were like "I know that somebody is somebody's father"

like jesus i'm only 25 and everybody i knew had seen it when i was in high school

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
if you were born post-1982, you, too, are a millenial

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Is it 1982? I heard yesterday it was 1980. I just need to know because if it's what you say I'm not if it's what that other fella said I am. I can't keep living my life without an identity.

E: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials

YES! Gen X is worse though right?

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Jul 7, 2015

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

opus111 posted:

lol wtf ive always loved the demo man, surely the film you're thinking about is Idiocracy.

no no no i am pretty sure he was thinking of you as the archetype actually

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Sure we didn't president Arnie, but we'll be getting fined for saying curse words!

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Bluemillion posted:

At least we'll have Taco Bells with liquor licenses.

Come for the Corona, stay for the taco binge after last call.

Nuage
Jan 21, 2005

opus111 posted:

...and he laughed at almost everything. The record scratch SFX and beats when they fight, Snipes' and Sly's acting, the storyline, all of it... he mocked me and said that old movies were crap.

I'm like drat... that film owns. It was seminal for me. Mellennials suck imo.

Wow so what movies does he like that are from the millennial age.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

ashgromnies posted:

Late millennials are just the WORST

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

ashgromnies posted:

How can I be a Millennial? I'm gay!

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Ramsus posted:

The movie is really good if you see it as a child. Not anything special now

Sonofsilversign posted:

shes right jurassic park owns sorry about your taste in movies

yeah sorry i should have clarified, im well aware that the movie is very good at being entertaining to children and manchildren, i just meant in the sense of actual merit as a piece of media

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:

Bluemillion posted:

Millennials are like 5 years from living in the Demolition Man world. The movie reminds them that the future is loving sad.

But there are sex helmets

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

coldplay chiptunes posted:

It's super kitschy. The millennial probably didn't understand the concept of irony. It's a good bad movie, but I wouldn't call it an earnestly good movie either.

Demolition Man is entertaining garbage, and one of my favorite movies because it's entertaining garbage. I watched it on HBO a bit after it came out, and even when I was like 11 I knew that it wasn't a good movie. But it was cool as hell and I enjoyed it.

Max Hammer
Jan 3, 2008

ANTIFREEZE!!!

My Q-Face posted:

Demolition man was mediocre when I saw it in the theater.

Now The Running Man, that's timeless!

This guy gets it.

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

Fonzarelli posted:

I heard a bunch of 18 year olds on the tram talking about how they had never seen star wars or knew anything about it, they were like "I know that somebody is somebody's father"

like jesus i'm only 25 and everybody i knew had seen it when i was in high school

lol those kids are trying to outcool each other, every single one of them has seen it

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I'm pretty sure that's the movie Nooner keeps telling me to watch. Maybe I'll watch it tonight.

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

On topic though, did you really watch Demolition Man w a straight face through out the movie? Its supposed to be a satire, doesnt mean its not a good movie

Robocop 1-3 are among my favorite movies and I cant stop giggling whenever I watch them. "Bitches leave" indeed
Clarence Boddiker was the poo poo.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Sham I Am posted:

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

yeah sorry i should have clarified, im well aware that the movie is very good at being entertaining to children and manchildren, i just meant in the sense of actual merit as a piece of media

Lol if Jurassic Park isn't entertaining to you

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Sham I Am posted:

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

opus111 posted:

...and he laughed at almost everything. The record scratch SFX and beats when they fight, Snipes' and Sly's acting, the storyline, all of it... he mocked me and said that old movies were crap.

I'm like drat... that film owns. It was seminal for me. Mellennials suck imo.

I'm confused opus. Are you 60? You're a baby boomer? Everyone on SA is probably a millennial except maybe gene splicer.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Lol if Jurassic Park isn't entertaining to you

nah

Manic Mailman
Jul 2, 2004
If there are dinosaurs in the movie, its automatically a great movie guys.

Be Well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
there aren't any dinosaurs in demolition man

• Locked thread