Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Haha lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

opus111 posted:

...and he laughed at almost everything. The record scratch SFX and beats when they fight, Snipes' and Sly's acting, the storyline, all of it... he mocked me and said that old movies were crap.

I'm like drat... that film owns. It was seminal for me. Mellennials suck imo.

On topic though, did you really watch Demolition Man w a straight face through out the movie? Its supposed to be a satire, doesnt mean its not a good movie

Robocop 1-3 are among my favorite movies and I cant stop giggling whenever I watch them. "Bitches leave" indeed

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

opus111 posted:

his laughing wasn't good natured and amused; it was cruel and cold - he was laughing at the production values and mindset of me and my peers.

Watch Robocop 2 w him and report back to the thread

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Ramsus posted:

demolition man is good though, robocop 2 is legit bad

Robocop has aged more gracefully, going into full 'kitsch'. The comedy of Demolition Man comes off as dated

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

opus111 posted:

I can't, he's gone back to LA

This is probably your answer, people from LA are snobby one-uppers. Just look at the GBS posters from california and multiply by 10

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Ramsus posted:

robocop is excellent, 2 and 3 are not

A respectable opinion

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Ramsus posted:

also wtf is up with everyone using kitsch in every thread

is that the new retard teenager word

Lol its just a word man, and it has to do w irony hence its prevalence in GBS

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

yeah sorry i should have clarified, im well aware that the movie is very good at being entertaining to children and manchildren, i just meant in the sense of actual merit as a piece of media

Lol if Jurassic Park isn't entertaining to you

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Sham I Am posted:

Clarence Boddiker was the poo poo.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Germstore posted:

Watched Terminator 2 recently and that poo poo holds up (I know it's 91, but close enough) except for one scene where the T-1000 is in a truck and is clearly a mannequin.

do goons watch movies just to look for every possible little fault? No wonder everyone here hates everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Germstore posted:

It only stands out because the rest of the effects are so good.

Good save

E: those effects really are great for being 91... a huge jump from T:1. No wonder it was such a hit

• Locked thread