Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Huge Lady Pleaser
Jun 17, 2005

hello how r u doing im just looking for ppl 2 chill wit relax go out n have funn if ur looking for da same thing hit me up
Nap Ghost
Not only does this explain his book, the Man Inside Me which features a dark shadowy version of Tobias Fünke on the cover, it also explains why he inexplicably gets along with Ice the Bounty Hunter and Carl Weathers.

Being transracial explains how he was able to obtain his therapy license; on the university application he checked Black for his race. There is no way that, these days, a white person at his level of incompetence would have lasted through four years of classes, if he were even accepted in the first place. But it's not exactly society's place to decide which kind of race/gender/sex/orientation/animal we feel like is it? So they couldn't exactly kick him out could they?

just some food for thought guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
:gas:

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
He didn't particularly get along with Carl Weathers.

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013
You misunderstood when they referred to him as 'colored'.

Huge Lady Pleaser
Jun 17, 2005

hello how r u doing im just looking for ppl 2 chill wit relax go out n have funn if ur looking for da same thing hit me up
Nap Ghost
“[The writers have] gone on little tangents where you think they’re going to start a storyline and they’ll pull it back. I remember they were going to do one about Tobias actually being a rare black person, where he would have this rare disease and was actually black. It’s these hysterical, crazy ideas that they could have continued on.”

Albino black man was the old theory but I think transracial is more plausible

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

i wanna fondle tobias' junke in da trunke :haw:

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

There was some scene where Lindsay compared him to a "big black guy" and he says "well I know I'm not a 'big' guy...."

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
He's an Analrapist

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
It's the little things that made this series good.

SHARTING BEAR
Sep 27, 2004

its weird how they made a bunch of jokes about Lindsay having plastic surgery and then portia de rossi went and ruined her face

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

burritolingus posted:

It's the little things that made this series good.

actually goons really dislike it now, keep up!!

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

opus111 posted:

I'm not cool like other goons.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

opus111 posted:

Something about the process of being canceled and then revived just murders shows. I don't know what it is.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.
who?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
gag on a bag of leprosy dicks op

CruJones
Feb 22, 2006

by Lowtax
Literally the first time we see Tobias in the pilot episode, the narrator says "This is Lindsey Bluth. As a youthful act of defiance, she married this man (cuts to picture of Tobias)." Gee, I wonder why marrying him could be considered a youthful act of defiance?

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Well played, Arrested Development. Well played.

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
In the 4th season I think the narrator makes a comment about how Lindsay being attracted to Herbert Love (Terry Crews) makes sense since he's similar to Tobias when they first started dating. So yeah, I think they might finally pull the trigger on that joke next season.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i can only enjoy jokes when they power up like goku over the course of dozens of episodes

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
albino black people look like black people

Huge Lady Pleaser
Jun 17, 2005

Nap Ghost

LegoPirateNinja posted:

albino black people look like black people

Exactly that's why Tobias is transracial not an albino black person.

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

they also call Maeby a "Nubian" in one of those articles on screen about her as a studio exec but apparently I'm the only one on the internet who ever noticed that so

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
gobias industries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

He's an Analrapist

World's first and only.

• Locked thread