Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
most of the cig smokers i know who tried to replace cigs with vaping just started doing both after a pretty short amount of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

ecig liquid is also gnarly stuff. Get a drop of that on anything and it will smell for days. It's also extremely sticky.

they're not good as in they don't hit well or feel good like smoke and you look like a douche. that's just my opinion after trying it. I thought looking like a douche would be acceptable. But vapor is not satisfying.

also time for my psuedo science but I really think they make your addiction to nicotine much worse. There are some stupid idiots can't stop puffing on them because they don't go out so you can intake more nicotine that way. then there are liquids have have higher concentrations of nicotine. For me it was like trying to get a good satisfying hit over and over, never really getting one. Yet I can feel the effects of the increased nicotine throughout the day and it makes me jittery and crazed. And then I was just like gently caress this sucks I'm going to get a pack

I'm trying to quit tho :negative:

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
Vaping is pretty douchey but lol if you complain about them

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
All that regarding most people revert to smoking both or smoking waaaay more nicotine than they otherwise would be smoking is fair.

Is nicotine by itself all that bad for you though? Yeah it's probably not good for you but afaik nicotine by itself is kind of whatever and it's all the other poo poo in cigarettes that makes them so unhealthy. Like maybe you smoke more but at least you're not getting formaldehyde and poo poo.

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

Every time you want to smoke a cigarette just eat a raw potato.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Vaping is pretty douchey but lol if you complain about them

Hell yeah dude, love to breathe secondhand clouds of orange scented idiot breath

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Just went to a restaurant and it said 'No Smoking' on the window outside and under that a new addition: "No Ecigarettes either."

Like the ecig assholes always get all 'it's not smoke bro it's vapor' that they had to change the sign especially for them. That's how douchey and pedantic they are.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

All that regarding most people revert to smoking both or smoking waaaay more nicotine than they otherwise would be smoking is fair.

Is nicotine by itself all that bad for you though? Yeah it's probably not good for you but afaik nicotine by itself is kind of whatever and it's all the other poo poo in cigarettes that makes them so unhealthy. Like maybe you smoke more but at least you're not getting formaldehyde and poo poo.

nicotine is somewhat like caffiene in that its mostly harmless; like it does raise your blood pressure and heart rate to worse levels that would be obviously healthier if you just didn't take take the chemical, but by far its most dangerous quality is that its one of the most addictive substances and the more you take, the more you need it and will turn into a loving rear end in a top hat if you go without it or even go without your normal levels of intake

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

the secret to quitting smoking by vaping instead is you actually have to want to stop smoking cigarettes

last cigarette was xmas, last alcohol was the xmas before that

so basically yes, im gay

Calbiyum
May 18, 2015
im gay

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
as someone who used to smoke and hated anti-smoking bullshit and everyone associated with it: I am happy that there is now a way to go inside and produce clouds of medically inert (yet foul smelling) vapor and annoy anti-smoking types. anti-smoking was always about the smell, no one gave a real poo poo about second hand smoke, it was just a convenient way to shove regulation down every ones throats

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I'm loving that vaping is slowly being banned everywhere that smoking is

That owns

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
as it loving should be since these asshats insist on blowing huge clouds instead of using it as a discreet way to get a nic fix. i see people doing it all the time when there's kids around and poo poo i dont care if it's harmful or not it should be banned on principle.

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

Maybe we should round up all the smokers and put them in camps

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Hell yeah dude, love to breathe secondhand clouds of orange scented idiot breath

Lol exhibit A

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
Newsflash retard: you're inhaling his breath regardless, he was just kind enough to cover up his natural scent for you. It's very considerate, really

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Newsflash retard: you're inhaling his breath regardless, he was just kind enough to cover up his natural scent for you. It's very considerate, really

Be more considerate of him to stop breathing, actually. Thin out the gene pool.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Astrofig posted:

Be more considerate of him to stop breathing, actually. Thin out the gene pool.

Be reasonable please

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
*sucks on vape*

*blows out cloud of gross smelling garbage*

Lmao look at me I just finished sucking a ghost's dick.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
*sucks on vape*

*blows candy flavored smoke out of his nostrils like a human being dragon*

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
I quit smoking a couple years ago because i have strong willpower. I feel bad for those who cant quit "stop smoking turkey!"

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

I quit smoking a couple years ago because i have strong willpower. I feel bad for those who cant quit "stop smoking turkey!"

yeah same, one day i just decided to stop and it sucked for like a week then i was fine. whenever i hear people say that quitting smoking is harder than quitting heroin it now makes me want to try heroin

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

thathonkey posted:

as it loving should be since these asshats insist on blowing huge clouds instead of using it as a discreet way to get a nic fix. i see people doing it all the time when there's kids around and poo poo i dont care if it's harmful or not it should be banned on principle.

Yeah I could understand if it was a quick hit here and there but it's the giant, rear end in a top hat vapor clouds every 5 minutes that gets me.

However it's funny seeing these people disassemble their "rigs" or mods or whatever the gently caress when it stops working and they're all drunk and poo poo. Good luck finding that all important washer on the floor of the bar, douche!

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

ethanol posted:

they're not good as in they don't hit well or feel good like smoke and you look like a douche. that's just my opinion after trying it. I thought looking like a douche would be acceptable. But vapor is not satisfying.

the reason you think that is because there are other additives in cigarettes like MAOIs that cause a rush in serotonin and gives you a buzz you cant get from nicotine alone. thats why poo poo like gums and patches are so lovely at getting people to quit smoking cigarettes.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Necros posted:

the reason you think that is because there are other additives in cigarettes like MAOIs that cause a rush in serotonin and gives you a buzz you cant get from nicotine alone. thats why poo poo like gums and patches are so lovely at getting people to quit smoking cigarettes.

But what about american spirits.... "100 percent additive free? Or this expensive Norwegian shag I just bought?

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
This is the only acceptable alternative to smoking: http://www.adultswim.com/videos/tim-and-eric-awesome-show-great-job/cigarette-juice/

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

'blowin mad clouds' is gay af but I gotta hand it to these guys for blazing a path for me to vape weed oil in public every day

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

ethanol posted:

But what about american spirits.... "100 percent additive free? Or this expensive Norwegian shag I just bought?

ive never looked into that but id think its probably mostly marketing. dont they use the whole "organic" thing?

e: oh ok turns out there are maois that occur naturally in cigarette smoke even without anything added to them. so same reason for nicotine by itself not being as fulfilling i guess.

Necros fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jul 8, 2015

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

ecigs seem to have really taken off in the uk i see normal looking people with them constantly

my weed vape looks like a black and decker power drill not sure if thats gay or not

Phoon fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jul 8, 2015

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Necros posted:

ive never looked into that but id think its probably mostly marketing. dont they use the whole "organic" thing?

I really have no idea why smoke is so much more satisfying but they do say 100 percent additive free.. and there are in fact separate to that, organic packs you can buy. I think that has to do with the Tabacco being grown without pesticides or nongmo or something. Idk. If i smoke camels, then I can reaallly feel the additives.

ethanol fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jul 8, 2015

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

HENGRY BUNG posted:

not that there's anything wrong with being gay, but is being gay a prerequisite of vaping? asking for a friend

is that a loving e-cigarette

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I use my vape at work because it's weed oil and smell dissipates instantly.

At my desk in my office hitting my weed vape. My boss and my coworker asked what it was (they saw it sitting on my desk) and I told them it was an ecig.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Moridin920 posted:

At my desk in my office hitting my weed vape. My boss and my coworker asked what it was (they saw it sitting on my desk) and I told them it was an ecig.

WTF no smell at all? Last time I vaped some weed it left a fresh herb smell in the air

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

I read this, and I thought, "Who is this guy? He's so cool, he doesn't care, AND he smokes weed at work. I wish I could be like him, bragging about being too high to realize his boss and coworkers are telling him to knock it off."

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

satanic splash-back posted:

I read this, and I thought, "Who is this guy? He's so cool, he doesn't care, AND he smokes weed at work. I wish I could be like him, bragging about being too high to realize his boss and coworkers are telling him to knock it off."

I would immediately fire any ecig user in my office. if i found out it was filled with weed oil I'd be p mad, like real mad. I like weed but if you're smoking at work (unless you are a rockstar) you're a loving punk rear end bitch who deserves career death

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

i think you underestimate how many people are high at work

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

WTF no smell at all? Last time I vaped some weed it left a fresh herb smell in the air

there's a smell and some vapor but if I hit it and you walk in 10 minutes later you can't smell anything

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

there's a smell and some vapor but if I hit it and you walk in 10 minutes later you can't smell anything

You are too high to realize they are using indirect language, and are telling you to stop visibly getting high at work.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Moridin920 posted:

Well im impressed and envious. Vape on blazebro

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

ethanol posted:

I would immediately fire any ecig user in my office. if i found out it was filled with weed oil I'd be p mad, like real mad. I like weed but if you're smoking at work (unless you are a rockstar) you're a loving punk rear end bitch who deserves career death

my boss used to buy weed from me and that was the weirdest poo poo ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

You are too high to realize they are using indirect language, and are telling you to stop visibly getting high at work.

nah

ethanol posted:

lol i'm the vice president

• Locked thread