Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

SKY COQ posted:

So if you've fallen off, now would be a great time to get back into this game. His week a big update hit and added squad wars, which look cool? R2D2poor needs goons.

Seriously, we don't even have the 15 members to do any of the New Stuff, come join into the abusive relationship I already have with this game. :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

SKY COQ posted:

So if you've fallen off, now would be a great time to get back into this game. His week a big update hit and added squad wars, which look cool? R2D2poor needs goons.

What are squad wars?

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Wait, really? I quit the game over HQ9 being a huge loving disappointment, but if there are squad wars I'm back in.

e: Well, "back in" as in "Hey let me check this out again."

Asmodai_00 fucked around with this message at 13:18 on May 5, 2016

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
What is the downside to the buildings being destroyed? Like, the resource ones are no brainer, should I be concerned about things like droid hut?

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Pladdicus posted:

What is the downside to the buildings being destroyed? Like, the resource ones are no brainer, should I be concerned about things like droid hut?

None other than your HQ and resources. I keep my droid hut in a far off corner so they have to work for 100%.

Same for military buildings. Turrets protect HQ and resources, the rest are spread out to delay or be shields.

Palleon fucked around with this message at 17:37 on May 5, 2016

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam
this game is still loving garbage because of how easy it is to cheese units in the squad center

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Breaking protection early, yay or nay

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Pladdicus posted:

Breaking protection early, yay or nay

If you're active then break it, you gain waaaay more than you can lose.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

More of you goons should join us. I will shower you with Rank 8 snipers.

But yeah, if you left cause HQ9 is an impossible ftp grind, it still sucks.

:L
Oct 28, 2004

Yeah come join 2poor4gems. We have 15/15 for the squad battles but one person hasn't logged in in a while, so even if you're just one person you're guaranteed to start doing raids with us. Plus like others mentioned we will shower you in snipers and occasionally dewbacks

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Yay

I think I know what we were doing wrong in this one - lots of people were attacking rebel scum who had already been wiped out. Focus on targets with full transmitters and we will do way better.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
It's the same philosophy as Clash of Clans, too. Attack HQs that are +/- 1 HQ level from where you're at ideally, then let the higher HQ guys in the squad clean up as the end gets closer.

Attaching the planet outposts or whatever the gently caress they're called should probably be attacked first, but honestly if you're confident just outright attacking someone go hog wild.

Also, request for your war squad center.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Triggs posted:

It's the same philosophy as Clash of Clans, too. Attack HQs that are +/- 1 HQ level from where you're at ideally, then let the higher HQ guys in the squad clean up as the end gets closer.

Attaching the planet outposts or whatever the gently caress they're called should probably be attacked first, but honestly if you're confident just outright attacking someone go hog wild.

Also, request for your war squad center.

In my opinion, the lower level weaker guys (like me) should be the ones to focus on the factories, since we're less likely to be able to do uplink damage. Anyone who is HQ8 or HQ9 should probably save their attacks for actual players since our lower level guys aren't going to be able to touch some of them, and need to make every attack count.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
We're 1-1 in Squad Wars now, but it looks like we're about to beat up on a bunch of guys that make me look strong by comparison.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Palleon posted:

We're 1-1 in Squad Wars now, but it looks like we're about to beat up on a bunch of guys that make me look strong by comparison.

Yeah that was a really easy win. Not that I'm complaining, mind you.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
FYI, the next Squad War kicks off in four hours.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Bumping the thread for the sake of recruiting - we're at 12/15 members for squad wars in 2Poor and the devs just upped squad war rewards to the max.

QuintessenceX
Aug 11, 2006
We are reasons so unreal
Just tried to join 2poor but it cut my application off. I am filled with shame and embarrassment.

QuintessenceX fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jul 27, 2016

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Can I get an invite back? I went to check out a more active squad with Palleon and they turned out to be a bunch of spergs.

(Sorry Palleon)

Triggs fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jul 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
PSA: We have enough people for squad wars so use your attacks

• Locked thread