Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Looking over the op, Is the rule about only being able to target Pegasus if someone's on it a DEFCON thing? If so, I'm prepared to go over there pre-XO just so that we have the option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Stelas posted:

Looking over the op, Is the rule about only being able to target Pegasus if someone's on it a DEFCON thing? If so, I'm prepared to go over there pre-XO just so that we have the option.

I believe it is a newish house rule being tested out. Not a terrible idea if you can spare the cards to hop between ships, but I still like the idea of shooting at the basestar to get it off the board.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Podima posted:

I believe it is a newish house rule being tested out. Not a terrible idea if you can spare the cards to hop between ships, but I still like the idea of shooting at the basestar to get it off the board.

I'd rather get Tigh out of sickbay right now, on refliection, and stick around on Galactica in hopes of repairing Command. He can go shoot things in my stead and I'll pay him back.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Podima posted:

Is it worth seeing if Cocks will let us swap it out? It seems like it was honestly a knowledge gap and the Viper hasn't done anything meaningful yet.

Side question: What rule modification means Mark VIIs start repaired and not damaged in this game? Is that part of DEFCON or something else?

No swap out. You guys will be fine. If someone doesn't specify the viper type, I will default to regular vipers. Also remember that according to DEFCON, when a Cylon Attack places vipers, the CAG gets to choose the viper type (if any available). That was never used last game :shrug:

Stelas posted:

Looking over the op, Is the rule about only being able to target Pegasus if someone's on it a DEFCON thing?

It's a separate house rule from DEFCON, but I just rolled it into the same list. It came from the main BSG discussion thread. We used it last game and it worked swimmingly. It's there to balance out Pegasus and keep it from becoming a simple +4 HP.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

I could take a shot at a basestar, or maybe saunter over to pegasus to do some extra effective pew-pewing.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Pander posted:

I could take a shot at a basestar, or maybe saunter over to pegasus to do some extra effective pew-pewing.

If you want to shoot a Basestar, Pegasus is the way to go. Get your rear end over there.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
So on my turn, it looks like I have two good options:

1) Move to Foxtrot, XO someone else (Pander for pewpew?). This is the "safe" option.
2) Move to Alpha and hope someone XOs me. Would let me attack the basestar but leaves me open to raider attacks

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

It's actually pretty bad luck that we haven't gotten a Raider activation yet.

At some point, I'd like to get to my Office, but I realize that's not a super high priority right now.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Some Numbers posted:

If you want to shoot a Basestar, Pegasus is the way to go. Get your rear end over there.

quote:

Weapons Control
Action: Attack 1 Cylon Ship with Galactica. Roll 3-8 to hit a Raider, 7-8 to hit a Heavy Raider, and 5-8 to hit a Basestar.

quote:

Main Batteries
Action: Choose a space area and roll a die. 1: Destroy 1 Civilian Ship 2-3: Damage 1 Viper 4-6: Destroy 2 Raiders 7-8: Destroy 4 Raiders.

Am I misreading this? :confused: I thought only Galactica could shoot down basestars.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Some Numbers posted:

It's actually pretty bad luck that we haven't gotten a Raider activation yet.

At some point, I'd like to get to my Office, but I realize that's not a super high priority right now.

Which means we'll get a launch raiders on this next crisis. In retrospect I should've started in Echo, too late now.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

By the way, I'm going "out of town" for the next two days, but I'll take my tablet with me and try to check in a bit. Worst case scenario, I'll be back in town on Sunday and I'll post from work.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Podima posted:

Am I misreading this? :confused: I thought only Galactica could shoot down basestars.

quote:

Pegasus CIC
Action: Choose a Basestar and roll a die. 1-3: Damage Pegasus 4-6: Damage Basestar 7-8: Damage Basestar twice.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Podima posted:

Look at the Pegasus CIC :munch:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Pegasus is literally a better version of Galactica in practically every way.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Frak. Thanks, you two.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Cocks Cable posted:

Also remember that according to DEFCON, when a Cylon Attack places vipers, the CAG gets to choose the viper type (if any available). That was never used last game :shrug:

:munch: Because I didn't realize I could specify Mark VII's. I must have overlooked that in the OP. This is why I hate being the CAG. :doh: :shrug: :argh:

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Stelas posted:

## Play LEA-1 on Tigh.

Just in case this was lost, you have been XO'ed Mr. Tigh.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

thought it was still up for discussion!

Let's make some boom.

##move to Pegasus CIC (discard Leadership-3 (Declare Emergency))
##Activate CIC, targeting basestar.
##Play Tactics-4 (Strategic Planning) for the roll

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Tigh plays Tactics-4 (Strategic Planning).
Tigh activates Pegasus CIC targeting Basestar in ALPHA. d8+2=9 DOUBLE HIT!
Critical Hit. Structural Damage.
Basestar in ALPHA is destroyed!
DEFCON increases by 2.

:siren: DEFCON d8=8 :siren:

DEFCON increases by 7.

Action Queue
==> Friction123 (CAG Apollo): Choose Cylon Attack.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
They're both just kind of "ehh" on the scale from Thirty-Three to gently caress you, guess I'll pick the one that doesn't involve delaying our jump.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
BSG Edit: ##choose Cylon Swarm

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Cocks Cable posted:

[b]Tigh plays Tactics-4 (Strategic Planning).
Tigh activates Pegasus CIC targeting Basestar in ALPHA. d8+2=9 DOUBLE HIT!
Critical Hit. Structural Damage.
Basestar in ALPHA is destroyed!
DEFCON increases by 2.

Good shooting though!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
BSG Edit: Man it just KILLS me not making edits to fix formatting fuckups like above.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

quote:

CYLON ATTACK CARD 007. BSG -- Cylon Swarm
1. ACTIVATE: Basestars
2. SETUP: ALPHA 1 Basestar 5 Raiders BRAVO 1 Heavy Raider DELTA 1 Civilian Ship ECHO 1 Viper 1 Civilian Ship FOXTROT 1 Viper 1 Civilian Ship
3. SPECIAL RULE - Massive Deployment: Keep this card in play until the fleet jumps. Each time a Basestar launches Raiders or Heavy Raiders, it launches 1 additional ship of the same type

1 Basestar deployed to ALPHA.
5 Raiders deployed to ALPHA.

1 Heavy Raider deployed to BRAVO.

1 Civilian Ship deployed to DELTA.

1 MarvkVII Viper deployed to ECHO.
1 Civilian Ship deployed to ECHO.

1 MarvkVII Viper deployed to FOXTROT.
1 Civilian Ship deployed to FOXTROT.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

pre:
TURN 1.4

* Podima (Helo [5, OPG])
  * SomeNumbers (President Ellen [8, 1QC, 1MC, OPG])
  * Stelas (Mutineer Tyrol [8, 1MC, OPG])
==> Friction123 (CAG Apollo [8, OPG])
  * Pander (Admiral Tigh [1, 2N, 1MC, OPG])
  * Bungeyjump (Hotdog [3, OPG])

Fleet Status

Food       07/08   Regular Vipers  3 Active, 3 in Reserve, 0 Damaged, 0 Destroyed
Fuel       08/08   Viper MarkVIIs  0 Active, 4 in Reserve, 0 Damaged, 0 Destroyed
Morale     09/10   Assault Raptors 1 Active, 0 in Reserve, 0 Destroyed, 3 Not in Play
Population 12/12   Regular Raptors 4 in Reserve, 0 Destroyed

Distance 0/8
DEFCON Level 14
Raiders Destroyed 0
Jump Prep Track [ ]-[ ]-[X]-[  Risk3]-[  Risk1]-[Auto Jump]
Cylon Boarding  [0]-[0]-[0]-[0]-[Humans Lose]

Civs Remaining (12)
2 Pop            x2
1 Pop            x6
1 Pop & 1 Morale x1
1 Pop & 1 Fuel   x1
Empty            x2

Civs Destroyed (0)
*N/A*

Galactica  (1/6 Damage)
FTL Control -- 
Weapons Control -- 
Command DAMAGED! -- 
Communications -- 
Admiral’s Quarters -- 
Research Lab -- 
Hangar Deck -- Stelas (Tyrol), Bungeyjump (Hotdog), SomeNumbers (Ellen)
Armory -- 
Sickbay -- 
Brig -- 
Food Token
Fuel Token

Pegasus (0/4 Damage)
Pegasus CIC -- Pander (Tigh)
Airlock -- 
Main Batteries -- 
Engine Room -- 

Colonial One 
Quorum Chamber --
Press Room -- 
President’s Office -- 
Administration -- 

Cylon Locations
Caprica -- 
Cylon Fleet -- 
Human Fleet -- 
Resurrection Ship -- 

Off-Ship:
Stranded -- Podima (Helo)
Assault Raptor -- Friction123 (Apollo)

DRADIS

\      BRAVO   |   CHARLIE    /  
 \             |             /
  \            |            /
   \   Heavyx1 |           /
    \          |          /
     \         |         /
      \        |        /
       \       |       / 
        \      |      / 
         \     |     / 
 Basestar \    |    / 
  Raiderx8 \   |   / 
A           \  |  /           D
L            \ | /            E
P             \|/             L
H             /|\             T
A            / | \            A
            /  |  \  
           /   |   \ 
          /    |    \ 
         /     |     \ CivA
        / CivE | CiVD \ CivB
       /       |       \ CivC
      /  Viper | Viper  \ Viper
     /         | Apollo  \ 
    /  MarkVII | MarkVII  \ 
   /           |           \
  /            |            \
 /             |             \
/    FOXTROT   |   ECHO       \

SPECIAL RULES
Massive Deployment: Keep this card in play until the fleet jumps. Each time a Basestar launches Raiders or Heavy Raiders, it launches 1 additional ship of the same type
Action Queue
==> Friction123 (CAG Apollo): Draw Cards.
==> Friction123 (CAG Apollo): Move/Action.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
##draw 2 POL

Thinking of moving to FOXTROT and XO'ing someone, since the raiders will come to me.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
If Tigh wasn't next in turn order I'd suggest XOing him again to shoot at stuff. Not sure on who would be a great choice otherwise.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I'm actually thinking of using The Worst Skill Card instead in an attempt to actually draw some fracking Maximum Firepowers.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Frack it, here we go. Forgive me if this play isn't "optimal" or something.

##Move to FOXTROT
##Play POL-2 (Consolidate Power) to draw 2 PIL

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

DEFCON decreases by 1.

quote:

CRISIS: Review Galatica's Log

Skill Check: POL/LEA/TAC = 14
PASS: No Effect
6+: Admiral discards 3 Skill Cards
FAIL: -1 Morale and Admiral discards 5 Skill Cards

POST CRISIS: Activate Raiders, +1 Jump Prep

Action Queue
==> All Players: Play Cards.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I can help a little bit with this one, with the politics cards I have left.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I still have a Support of the People in hand, if people reckon it's worth it at this stage. It'd only net 4 cards in return for a reckless though.

I can play pretty heavily into it, too.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Not sure Support the People is worth it at this point, yeah. This is our first card-playing crisis of the game.

I can play in a little bit, but I have a pretty darn good hand I'd like to put to use.

Remind me of the secrecy rules - is it OK to mention a specific card I can play into the check, or do I need to just allude to its effects?

Bungeyjump
Nov 9, 2003
Bungeyjumpingpeopledie
Given that the Admiral only has 3 cards, I'm wondering if we shouldn't just tank this completely

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'll leave it to Tigh to comment on their hand, but at minimum we should hit the Partial. We should be able to do that with a few cards at most, and we started the game with a Morale hit - no sense in starting the downhill tumble before we've even jumped once.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Bungeyjump posted:

Given that the Admiral only has 3 cards, I'm wondering if we shouldn't just tank this completely

I can make the partial easily. It seems rather silly not to, for that low a check.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Podima posted:

Remind me of the secrecy rules - is it OK to mention a specific card I can play into the check, or do I need to just allude to its effects?

No. Do not under any circumstances say which cards you add to a skill check.

Official BSG FAQ posted:

Skill Cards with Skill Check Abilities

Players cannot say or even imply the text that appears on Skill Cards that they will contribute or have contributed to a skill check, including cards with skill check abilities. If a player claimed to have a Skill Card with a particular skill check ability before he contributed cards to a skill check, players cannot ask him if he still has the Skill Card after he contributes cards to the check.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

I should have zero cards I think? I played launch scouts, discarded one to move to Pegasus, then did strat plan... So zero.

Related note: ##0

Why not support the people?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I am capable of demolishing this check. How much do we care?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I'd say we care enough to make 6+.

##play 1, low

• Locked thread