Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Like seriously what the hell. Driving on my rear end in your big giant stupid looking pick up truck for retards isn't going to make me drive any faster than I'm comfortable. It's always fuckers in their trucks, too. gently caress trucks, people who drive trucks are mongoloids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
first post

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
tailgating is an american past time where you park your vehicle and eat some food, probably suck some dicks, i'm not sure, that's what id do tho

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
brake check them you pussy

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Do it ironically posted:

tailgating is an american past time where you park your vehicle and eat some food, probably suck some dicks, i'm not sure, that's what id do tho

i can verify this

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
i brake checked some dumb blonde bitch in an escalade doing 80 on the freeway, it owned because i could see her screaming and making angry gestures in my rear view mirror while i peeled off :smuggo:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
it's because people are stupid and don't know how to drive

Halah
Sep 1, 2003

Maybe just another light that shines

reddit liker posted:

Or go from fifth to third in a manual - no brake lights involved :clint:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
It's because people need an excuse to drink outside

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
Cuz you suck at driving and I want to bother you. What is even the point of asking what is the point of tailgating?

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Mange Mite posted:

It's because people need an excuse to drink outside
it isn't alcoholism if you do it in a truck or boat

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

when i am being tail gated i don't brake check but i do just let off my accelerator completely and go like 10 under the speed limit so they can slowly realize i'm trying to upset them by doing it.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Hell Yeah posted:

when i am being tail gated i don't brake check but i do just let off my accelerator completely and go like 10 under the speed limit so they can slowly realize i'm trying to upset them by doing it.

Yeah then I downshift and veer into the oncoming lane and smoke your rear end while giving you the finger out the sunroof.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Rent-A-Cop posted:

it isn't alcoholism if you do it in a truck or boat
generally if its sunny and youre outside its ok

i just continue driving at the speed limit but i take additional satisfaction in doing so particularly if theyre driving a german luxury car or a range rover

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

a dog from hell posted:

Yeah then I downshift and veer into the oncoming lane and smoke your rear end while giving you the finger out the sunroof.

And if you crash into oncoming traffic I stencil another little car on my bumper

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
i like being tailgated it's the closest thing to human contact i have

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Shrimp boils, lots of booze, girls. What's not to like?

Oops wrong tailgating

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Get one of those trailer hitches they reinforce just to punch a hole in bumpers/ radiators, brake check and then laugh as the cops gives them a following too closely ticket.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
they want to pass so they can roll coal on you, OP

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Arkanomen posted:

Get one of those trailer hitches they reinforce just to punch a hole in bumpers/ radiators, brake check and then laugh as the cops gives them a following too closely ticket.

I can't figure out which one of these events happening is the most implausible.

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

i have never been tailgated in my entire life, maybe that's because I don't drive like a bitch OP ?????

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
How else are narcissistic people going to let everyone how important and/or late they are?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Shrimp boils, lots of booze, girls. What's not to like?

Oops wrong tailgating
it's actually the right tailgating

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SHISHKABOB posted:

gently caress trucks, people who drive trucks are mongoloids.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
its real stupid OP, if its bad enough ill brake check that human being. even if im speeding I never tailgate ever because all it does is slow you down, limit opportunities to pass (you need distance to speed up to take a gap), and really piss people off who will, sometimes, simply driver slower. Tailgating is one of the few behavioral things I'll judge someone on completely as well. The only time I will tailgate is if we're in stop and go traffic and someone is cutting in line and ill block them out

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

it cuts down on wind resistance and therefore burns less fuel and saves the environment. please do some scientific research before getting cross with decent hard-working folks in the future

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
my favorite is the guy who tailgates you when there's like two car lengths ahead of you and the other lane isn't going any faster

i'm not going to rear end the guy in front of me no matter how much you flash your little lights there friendo

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

blainestereo posted:

i have never been tailgated in my entire life, maybe that's because I don't drive like a bitch OP ?????

I have been tailgated, but I was driving like a bitch.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I hate getting gamergated while tailgating. I'm trying to browse twitter in peace before the game, gently caress off!

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

mind the walrus posted:

I have been tailgated, but I was driving like a bitch.

you should not have done that, that's uncool.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
Quit doing the same speed in the left lane as the people in the right lane are doing, rear end in a top hat.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

To get drunk before going into the stadium where beers cost $8 each

Hth

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
tailgaters are either oblivious as all hell or genuine pricks who believe that since they paid more for their ride, they're literally the Übermensch of the asphalt

former is more dangerous since they probably don't even realise you're there and it's ironed into them

reddit liker posted:

yeah I'm in a Nissan Micra I wouldn't stand a chance on a highway as my noble steed vibrates past 100

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i drive the speed limit in the left lane on the freeway and i brake check constantly

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
oh i assumed we were talking single carriage roads when they come up behind you in a 30 mph residential area

i dont really get tailgated on the motorway because im driving fast or in the appropriate lane

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Jerk the e-brake instead of your pathetic dick, you massive wimp

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Halah posted:

Or go from fifth to third in a manual - no brake lights involved :clint:

:stare:

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
I engine brake all the time and sometimes people get confused as to why I'm slowing down with no brake lights on so sometimes I'll use the brake slightly for the lights to come on because no one knows how cars work anymore

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Liberals want the speed limit to be very low so they can give out more tickets to fund their welfare state, but then when they want to get through in their expensive sport cars they are upset that you are following the law. Sorry libtards, maybe you should deregulate???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
To get drunk as poo poo so you have the courage to call an 11 year old in a Tom Brady jersey a human being.

• Locked thread