Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

because i don't.

my microwave has a pre-set button for popcorn, but all my popcorn bags specifically tell me not to use that microwave button.

makes u think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Which button makes microwaves mom appear

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

no because i am not a coward

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

No because I'd be submitting to the microwave.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

my popcorn button works fine, op

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
i tried it once, i put in my leftover spaghetti and pressed the popcorn button. when it was done it was still spaghetti and not popcorn, wtf?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

lol if you dont jam on the 30 second express button 6 times for a 3 minute timespan, or for however many minutes your pig penis hotpocket takes to cook

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i push '1' when i want 1 minute

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Parallax Scroll posted:

i push '1' when i want 1 minute

you'll burn for your heresy

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
I tried using their auto-defrost thing the other day because I had some frozen spaghetti sauce to thaw. I got to the second menu and they had like chicken, beef, fish, and some othe stuff by no spaghetti sauce. I cancelled out of the whole thing and just put it in for a minute at a time until it was done.

That's my story - 1 minute button is still the best

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Happy Bear Suit posted:

because i don't.

my microwave has a pre-set button for popcorn, but all my popcorn bags specifically tell me not to use that microwave button.

makes u think.

The people who use those buttons are the very same people who are in the default photos in photo frames, people with names like John Q. Sample, Jane Smith, Benjamin Butthole, Joe Bloggs and John Doe. They save their documents as "Untitled", eat pizza with no toppings and autistically write down "Loren Ipsum" everywhere, along with their social security number of 123-45-6789.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
microwave?
i position my food on the target beneath the death ray, walk behind the lead-lined glass, and throw the high voltage switch into the closed position
for 15 seconds on high

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

gary oldmans diary posted:

microwave?
i position my food on the target beneath the death ray, walk behind the lead-lined glass, and throw the high voltage switch into the closed position
for 15 seconds on high

yeah but do you dial in the 15 seconds or so you use the preset. this is important

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
15 seconds is just the duration of beam discharge i get from the number of capacitor banks currently connected to it

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
No

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

pig penis hotpocket

wow wtf how come china gets new hotpocket flavors and we still have the same ones from 1990

can i get a goddamn mcrib hotpocket PLEASE

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.
I always use the pizza button, and I get on my roommate's asses if they don't use it as well.

I used to have a microwave with a hotdog button that enabled an auto-sensor figured the rest out on its own. Oh, how I miss thee hotdog auto-sensor.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
microwave popcorn is poo poo, buy this stupid fuckin pot cause it works real good

gbaby
Feb 6, 2015
i DO respect the buttons on the microwave

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.
I just set the timer for 10 minutes and then stare at it until food starts to boil and splatter.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
this technology is the devils work!

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Dresh posted:

I always use the pizza button
when one of you garbage-picker millennials gets a job maybe one of you can afford a garage sale toaster oven

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Dresh posted:

I always use the pizza button, and I get on my roommate's asses if they don't use it as well.

kind of a weird thing to get all horned up about but i guess to each his own

so like you even use the pizza button for heating up hot chocolate or thawing some meat?

e: also its kind of cool that your roommate has more than one butt has he ever done an AMA? would prob be popular

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Don't use the presets but a good understanding of the power setting lets you cook temperamental meals in the microwave like a boss.

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

I used to have a microwave that didn't have this quick start crap. If you wanted to nuke something for a minute fifteen you punched "115 start" and it was glorious.

LSD CURES JUNKIES
Sep 12, 2013

Yeah but just for rice.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Flynn Taggart posted:

I used to have a microwave that didn't have this quick start crap. If you wanted to nuke something for a minute fifteen you punched "115 start" and it was glorious.

grampa you can still do that now hth

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

sometimes i just leave the microwave going thinking that if it made my food tasty in 30 seconds imagine what taste paradise i could be transported to in a mere 30 minutes.

there's a sheet of carben (carbonized ramen) carpeting the bottom of my 'wave. help.

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
just press the +30 seconds button until you have enough time

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

sometimes i just leave the microwave going thinking that if it made my food tasty in 30 seconds imagine what taste paradise i could be transported to in a mere 30 minutes.

there's a sheet of carben (carbonized ramen) carpeting the bottom of my 'wave. help.

you could clean it out you goony loving buttlord

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Flynn Taggart posted:

lookat this scrub, its all about 75 start

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

grampa you can still do that now hth

But now you have to press time cook

That's an extra loving step you millennial.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Flynn Taggart posted:

But now you have to press time cook

That's an extra loving step you millennial.

lol you chose to buy a microwave that forces you to do an extra step every single time you use it to heat something up

loving lol even the lovely prefurnished student apartments ive lived in didnt have garbage like that

why didnt you just buy a microwave that doesnt do that?

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
I only eat glass

old wooden ships
Jan 22, 2015
I used to never care how fancy my microwave was and just bought the cheapest thinking there was no difference, and all of the preset buttons suck. Then one day for some reason my grandpa bought me some huge gently caress off expensive microwave and dammit, those buttons actually work as advertised.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

5 minutes at 60% power for everything or gtfo

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

you'd enjoy the bottom of my microwave.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
he would enjoy my dildo collection

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

lol you chose to buy a microwave that forces you to do an extra step every single time you use it to heat something up

loving lol even the lovely prefurnished student apartments ive lived in didnt have garbage like that

why didnt you just buy a microwave that doesnt do that?

What do I look like a billionaire?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Vulture Culture posted:

microwave popcorn is poo poo, buy this stupid fuckin pot cause it works real good

i dont know exactly what that is, but i feel like this is a thing that i'll use exactly twice before i realize the prep/cleanup is too much hassle and i'll put it in storage or sell it for $10 at a yard sale

• Locked thread