Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
Also, to be fair, half the point of the Ecto-1 is that when you see it you're supposed to think "what the hell, that looks ancient and dumb, who would drive that"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

hemale in pain posted:

i dont care enough about ghostbusters to get offended over women

get out

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Mr. Pumroy posted:

:( i though i knew about ghostbusters, but i don't.

The lore of Ghostbusters, The is intricate.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
actually it's about ethics in ghostbustermobile journalism

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

King Vidiot posted:

Harold Ramis is dead and isn't writing or directing it so it'd going to suck no matter what, do not care.

Danny Ackroyd is actually still very optimistic that Ramis will star, act and direct the film, and is contacting him in the spirit realm as we speak.

"Bill Murray is on board too," Ackroyd was quoted, for the four hundredth time. When interviewed, Bill Murray simply walked into a store to buy an banner which read "Intervention."

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

DonJNavarro posted:

they blew the budget on keeping her fed.
ITS A FAT JOKE GET IT
#shesonlyfunnycauseshefat

That's OK though. Chris Farley was only funny because he was fat (and loud).

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
yeah I dont see the problemhere

tyk00n
Sep 25, 2006

College Slice

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
I can't wait for this to flop so that people will finally realize that women just don't make for compelling leading characters in most genres.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Mr. Pumroy posted:

yeah it does. a hearse is a bit too on the nose but whatever. the more i look at it, it's not terrible. but i miss the fins.

Too on the nose like the original being a converted hearse or ambulance? Cadillac didn't make regular civilian station wagons during the eras that either Ecto 1 was built and were built by outside companies for professional use.

Also, if the ectoplasm/panties scene happens, it will be a huge pro "fat is beautiful" deal.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
It won't be funny because any real comedy would make the female audience they're targeting themselves towards get outraged on twitter.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
I like Melissa McCarthy, but I do not have high hopes for the new Ghostbusters. They should just leave it alone and let the awesome movies be awesome instead of trying to capitalize on the franchise. There's no way this new one will be as good as the originals.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

everything about this movie looks really good and i'm sad that the butthurt 80s kids are so mad about a new group of people taking over that they will not get to enjoy it.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

burritolingus posted:

If Ghostbusters 3 gets just one laugh, that's one more laugh than Ghostbusters 2.

Everyone forgets that Peter MacNicol was the best character in both films.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

ghostbusters 2 was bad

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Everyone forgets that Peter MacNicol was the best character in both films.

No, I remember.

I also remember zero laughs.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Roy posted:

It won't be funny because any real comedy would make the female audience they're targeting themselves towards get outraged on twitter.

Paul Feig's other movies this whole decade, many of them starring Melissa McCarthy, are good, and I recommend watching them.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

females in movies just dont work. show me a film with a female in it and i will show u a failed movie.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

ghostbusters 2 gets a bad rap justifiably because it just resets the formula for 1, but it has some great, funny moments, like "why am i covered wit goo?" and lewis pronouncing mario "MAYrio."

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

ill watch it on netflix

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
People should have just listened to Bill Murray.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Mr. Pumroy posted:

ghostbusters 2 was bad

Actually it's quite good and the scenes in the restaurant and in the psych ward are better than any scene from Gb1 and also Peter MacNicol is great.

Maybe if you weren't one of those awful nerds who gets pissy about sequels or whatever you could have fun instead of freebasing your own turds

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

ghostbusters 2 gets a bad rap justifiably because it just resets the formula for 1, but it has some great, funny moments, like "why am i covered wit goo?" and lewis pronouncing mario "MAYrio."

i liked the part when he hosed and cummed in the etoplasm

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Bicyclops posted:

Danny Ackroyd is actually still very optimistic that Ramis will star, act and direct the film, and is contacting him in the spirit realm as we speak.

"Death is but a door, time is but a window. I'll be back to direct Ghostbusters 3 in 2015." -- Harold Ramis, Sorrow of Maldavia

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

burritolingus posted:

People should have just listened to Bill Murray.

he said the paul feig movie is going to be good and his fantasy casting included some of the actors who were cast, so i agree.

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
i just dont think every new piece of entertainment to have some empowerment message behind it.
i hope ghostbusters doesnt do that.
cant things just be good? thats pretty empowering for everyone involved.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

RaceBannon posted:

i just dont think every new piece of entertainment to have some empowerment message behind it.

i think it will be okay if the women in the movie feel good about themselves for being scientist ghost hunters, and friends who learned to stick together.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Bicyclops posted:

he said the paul feig movie is going to be good and his fantasy casting included some of the actors who were cast, so i agree.

Bill Murray died after making Groundhog's Day. Way to be insensitive.

RIP Bill Murray

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Actually it's quite good and the scenes in the restaurant and in the psych ward are better than any scene from Gb1 and also Peter MacNicol is great.

Maybe if you weren't one of those awful nerds who gets pissy about sequels or whatever you could have fun instead of freebasing your own turds

it was like practically the same movie right down to bitchy government man sticking it to those plucky ghostbusters arggh. it's like airplane vs. airplane 2 wow yeah those jokes are funny but you told them already.

i liked the fight scene in the courtroom but WHATEVER to the rest of that movie

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Mr. Pumroy posted:

it was like practically the same movie right down to bitchy government man sticking it to those plucky ghostbusters arggh. it's like airplane vs. airplane 2 wow yeah those jokes are funny but you told them already.

Ghostbusters 2 is Ghostbusters 1 minus jokes.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

RaceBannon posted:

nu uh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncSpMOi8n3M

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
A Thelma and Louise ending is just what ghostbusters needs.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
The Frighteners was a better Ghostbusters movie than Ghostbusters 2.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Remember that scene in Ghostbusters 1 where a thing happened and Bill Murray said a funny thing? Well they did that in Ghostbusters 2 but without Bill Murray saying a funny thing.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i liked the fight scene in the courtroom but WHATEVER to the rest of that movie

yeah, its sin is recycling all of the plot points from the first movie, but it still has the statue of liberty attack, the olllllllld dancing toaster trick, and lots of other great moments, with laughs for the whole family.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

King Vidiot posted:

The Frighteners was a better Ghostbusters movie than Ghostbusters 2.

Man the Frighteners was an awesome flick.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Why not rent out that goon's replica who made his own?

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

The one to the right actually looks pretty cool and good for Girl Egon.

I hope this movie will be very empowering for all the girls who wanted to be Girl Ghostbusters but couldn't because there were no girls in older movies.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Lol when fatties get out in the sun and squint and get a Piggie face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

It's a better movie than most people get it credit for.

I have hope for the new Ghostbusters movie. Chris Hemsworth is playing the receptionist. I also hope they play Melissa McCarthy against type and have her be the Egon of the group.

• Locked thread